Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wuga98

Hansgrohe Or Grohe

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hansgrohe is more exp than grohe and it also required higher water pressure thus making it not suitable for HDB flat ( as per advice from the sale person ). Grohe is suitable for HDB flat though some will disagreed with me cos both hansgrohe and grohe need high water pressure to bring out the goodness of the product.

As for the price for Grohe.. you posted this thread too late :notti: cos Grohe just had a warehouse sale last week. the normal price for Grohe for sure is higher than the usual Ho kee etc hardware shop. so be prepare to see a normal tap that cost > $300 , a rainshower > $1000 but i still like them cos they look so shiney and classy :(

For more information, please refer to the website http://www.grohe.com.sg/ and their showroom for price ;)

Edited by zeny

anyone has any experience on the quality and price of any of these?. i am trying to do a comparison on both these brands. Thanks.

:(

compared both brands when buying sanitary fittings the other time.

I find Grohe's design nothing special and most of their taps look utilitarian and normal.Build quality for both brands is good and finishing is nice for both.Went for Hangrohe in the end because of the design.

I am staying in a HDB and no issues with water pressure.

compared both brands when buying sanitary fittings the other time.

I find Grohe's design nothing special and most of their taps look utilitarian and normal.Build quality for both brands is good and finishing is nice for both.Went for Hangrohe in the end because of the design.

I am staying in a HDB and no issues with water pressure.

no issues with the water pressure :(

D**** got conned by the sales person again

no issues with the water pressure ;)

D**** got conned by the sales person again

used grohe for my whole flat except for kitchen sink set which is from teka. so far no complain. after sales service from grohe fast response too. rain shower no issues too :(

used grohe for my whole flat except for kitchen sink set which is from teka. so far no complain. after sales service from grohe fast response too. rain shower no issues too :dunno:

good choice... though alot of pple would have disagreed with me :P

but who cares :P it's your house...you can use whatever brand of tap you like :thumbs up:

Edited by zeny

After comparing both brands for several weeks, I actually think Grohe is more exp than Hansgrohe. Of course you cannot take the entry model Grohe stuff and compare with the higher range Hansgrohe. That won't be fair.

I was deciding both brands for a very long time ... in the end, I went for Grohe as I liked the brand better.

In any case, both are great brands and you can't go wrong with either of them, just your individual preference.

Edited by JIN

I have bot the Raindance AIR from Hansgrohe and also some taps.

I understand if u buy the smaller rainshower below 200mm(mine is 180mm), u usually will have no problem with water pressure, as long as u have a storage water heater tank. This is for HDB.

I prefer the Hansgrohe to Grohe because I think Grohe is overpriced and Hansgrohe Rainshower AIR mixes 3 parts air with 1 part water to give a very soft shower......this is the original rainshower in my opinion....Grohe just gives a normal shower, but with equal and widely dispersed droplets, they do not mix it with air. Might as well get those high-end in-house brand from PJ , HK or SSC like that, for one-third the price(I also have bot tap and shower from PJ, toilet from HK, basin from SSC and seen and handled everything in PJ, HK and SSC)

Also since Hansgrohe Raindance AIR mixes 3 parts AIR with 1 part water, obviously less water(and thus less pressure is needed).

Looking at the history of Hansgrohe and Grohe, Grohe is the offshoot of Hansgrohe, bot over by other people and now the bad-blood competitor to Hansgrohe. I understand all Hansgrohe things are still made in Germany whereas Grohe has many parts made in this region. This is not bad in itself, but I have handled dozens of taps and mixers and showers of both brands and IMO, Hansgrohe is clearly superior in price, quality and design. In the beginning I also was quite confused between the two but this is my conclusion.

If Grohe is 20-30% cheaper, then it is OK.

Handle it yourself and decide for yourself.

Actually, Hansgrohe was started in 1901 by Hans Grohe Sr. He had 3 sons, one of which had left in the 1934 and started his own company, Grohe. The Grohe company came to the USA as Grohe America. The Grohe America company had received technical updates from Hansgrohe while the son's family had owned it. Now, Grohe has been sold away.

However, Hansgrohe was got bought over ... by the Masco Group ( holding majority share ).

Here's some short forum discussions over both brands :

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/bath/...3241132498.html

http://www.terrylove.com/forums/showthread...2714#post102714

Like I said, I believe both brands are good and you can't go wrong with them.

Edited by JIN

One problem I see is that many singaporeans have the mistaken idea that Grohe is very high-class because they see it in hotels and so on.

Then suddenly they become aware of Hansgrohe and start to ask, how come got these two?

Yet, a manual-handling and detailed comparison of similarly priced items clearly shows that Hansgrohe is far superior in quality and technology than Grohe anytime.

That is only my personal opinion after handling dozens of both the products. It is almost as if the overpriced Grohe is trading on the reputation of its parent, Hansgrohe.

As a last note, consider two similarly priced taps from both brands, and we have one made in germany(Hansgrohe), and one made around here, maybe in china for Grohe. Feel for yourself. Tap the steel, move the movable parts, feel the smoothness.

Grohe is OK, but Hansgrohe at the same price is far superior anytime. I have no hesitation at all in saying this, and have bot $4K worth of Hansgrohe products.

As a last note, consider two similarly priced taps from both brands, and we have one made in germany(Hansgrohe), and one made around here, maybe in china for Grohe. Feel for yourself. Tap the steel, move the movable parts, feel the smoothness.

I have. Tried them out at several places and decided on Grohe.

Grohe stuff are made around the world, and yes, some are in China. But so is Hansgrohe. They too have a Shanghai, China Manufacturing Plant.

Minstrel, I hope you don't think I am trying to rebutt your every sentence. Just that different people have different tastes / opinions.

I may be really really weird, but I actually prefer Grohe designs over the Hansgrohe. Sure, there are quite afew Grohe designs that I think looks really bad & cheap too. But I was looking at Rain Shower Heads along with the concealed mixer, and I liked the Grohe better. The Hansgrohe ones were also very nice, however, their mixers looked very much smaller. I didn't wanna get a Hansgrohe Rain Shower Head and a Grohe mixer. I wanted stuff to match ... so I went with Grohe all the way.

In some cases, 'More Expensive' may not equate to better. Probably not in this case either. I am also pretty sure if one googles Grohe thoroughly enough, one would be able to find horror stories. Even despite some parts having 'cheap plastic', I feel that Grohe's Lifetime Warranty assures me enough.

I like them both.

Edited by JIN

I have. Tried them out at several places and decided on Grohe.

Grohe stuff are made around the world, and yes, some are in China. But so is Hansgrohe. They too have a Shanghai, China Manufacturing Plant.

Minstrel, I hope you don't think I am trying to rebutt your every sentence. Just that different people have different tastes / opinions.

I may be really really weird, but I actually prefer Grohe designs over the Hansgrohe. Sure, there are quite afew Grohe designs that I think looks really bad & cheap too. But I was looking at Rain Shower Heads along with the concealed mixer, and I liked the Grohe better. The Hansgrohe ones were also very nice, however, their mixers looked very much smaller. I didn't wanna get a Hansgrohe Rain Shower Head and a Grohe mixer. I wanted stuff to match ... so I went with Grohe all the way.

In some cases, 'More Expensive' may not equate to better. Probably not in this case either. I am also pretty sure if one googles Grohe thoroughly enough, one would be able to find horror stories. Even despite some parts having 'cheap plastic', I feel that Grohe's Lifetime Warranty assures me enough.

I like them both.

I prefer Hansgrohe.. Just a personal preference

Just some comments on these two brands. I'm currently scouting around for taps for my new home and i've tried out both hansgrohe and grohe in the showroom. Quite frankly, i find grohe superior in the aspect of fine adjustments. Even my wifey commented how cheap hansgrohe feels as compared to grohe. Grohe is really that much smoother no doubt about it. No offense but i don't see how anyone can ignore the stiffness of hansgrohe vs grohe - it's just too obvious!

• Like 1

Me too....my personal preference as find it more nicer design, feel & product feature (especially the Raindance and bathroom taps & mixers).

Both are great products.

I prefer Hansgrohe.. Just a personal preference

I have use Grohe tap for 10+ years and I have no problem with it. Now I have install hansgrohe in my new house.

I shall see how long it last. My architect seem to prefer hansgrohe rather than grohe, maybe because of the dealing with the dealer that make them favor them.