Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wuga98

Hansgrohe Or Grohe

Just to share:

Visited the Hansgrophe showroom along M.Sultan.

A knowledgable Sales Executive was nice and patient to explain the ranges and the products they have to offer.

Was told that all the products are from Germany and that their 25% discount would last still 25th July.

No packages, basicially 'Ala Carte', pick and choose the items you required.

Is this for all of HansGrohe or just the new series they just launched ?

Also would you know if the discount would be available in their partnered shops ?

TIA

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Is this for all of HansGrohe or just the new series they just launched ?

Also would you know if the discount would be available in their partnered shops ?

TIA

If i didn't remember wrongly, it's everything off the shelf.

Do call them in advance to check on the stocks nevertheless..

I'm unaware of the rest of the dealers,

however I do see 'Home & Bathroom' from Balestier offering the same deal.

They also offer bath/shower packages like

Crometta 85 multi/unica c set 65cm + focus bath mixer + basin mixer $354

Crometta 85 multi/unica c set 65cm + focus shower mixer + basin mixer $315

I believe it adds up to be the same after 25% :)

Edited by dexufto

If i didn't remember wrongly, it's everything off the shelf.

Do call them in advance to check on the stocks nevertheless..

I'm unaware of the rest of the dealers,

however I do see 'Home & Bathroom' from Balestier offering the same deal.

They also offer bath/shower packages like

Crometta 85 multi/unica c set 65cm + focus bath mixer + basin mixer $354

Crometta 85 multi/unica c set 65cm + focus shower mixer + basin mixer $315

I believe it adds up to be the same after 25% :)

thanks Dex, thats good to know, I just want a shower head actually..

one of the AIR ones...

IMHO, products from both brands are ok.... just like the rest of other brands.... but their prices are really out of this world

Style and value for money do not come hand in hand and I opt for the latter.... paying $1,000 for a basin mixer just doesn't seem right... but hey, if you have the $, what is a few grand.

Having expensive and branded items in the flat is a good talking topic... eg when you have friends coming over.... you can have bragging rights.... smiling humbly while muttering.... "this tap cost me a bomb".... "is it? how much" "not much lah" "tell lah, how much".... "only $2,000" (I guess the water that comes out taste sweeter?) This is a true conversation exchange - attended one my friend's house warming.... really BTH! (yeah... sour grapes :) )

IMHO, products from both brands are ok.... just like the rest of other brands.... but their prices are really out of this world

Style and value for money do not come hand in hand and I opt for the latter.... paying $1,000 for a basin mixer just doesn't seem right... but hey, if you have the $, what is a few grand.

Having expensive and branded items in the flat is a good talking topic... eg when you have friends coming over.... you can have bragging rights.... smiling humbly while muttering.... "this tap cost me a bomb".... "is it? how much" "not much lah" "tell lah, how much".... "only $2,000" (I guess the water that comes out taste sweeter?) This is a true conversation exchange - attended one my friend's house warming.... really BTH! (yeah... sour grapes :) )

Haha, that's funny.

If not for this thread, I wouldn't understand why would anyone pay an exhorbiant price for a tap :jawdrop:

Anyway, one of the dealers adviced that;

for taps go for Grophe and for showers go for Hansgrophe. :yamseng:

Haha, that's funny.

If not for this thread, I wouldn't understand why would anyone pay an exhorbiant price for a tap :jawdrop:

Anyway, one of the dealers adviced that;

for taps go for Grophe and for showers go for Hansgrophe. :yamseng:

Haha.... to be fair to both the 'father' and 'son'

I think both series are good quality, it just depends on your preference.

One tip, buy online from Germany direct. I bought my stuff at www.iceprice.com and including shipment cost the price is almost half of the price in Singapore. I'm actually surprised nobody mentions this in this forum.

I use Grohe in my old house and for 10 years there is no leaking problem. Now in the new house, using hansgrohe, there is a tap that keep leaking and the plumber can't do much about it except to replace a new one and it is around 3 years old.

Maybe the next round I buy only Grohe. IMHO.

Edited by cookcpu

Just some comments on these two brands. I'm currently scouting around for taps for my new home and i've tried out both hansgrohe and grohe in the showroom. Quite frankly, i find grohe superior in the aspect of fine adjustments. Even my wifey commented how cheap hansgrohe feels as compared to grohe. Grohe is really that much smoother no doubt about it. No offense but i don't see how anyone can ignore the stiffness of hansgrohe vs grohe - it's just too obvious!

I tend to agree.

The feeling when twirling the Grohe is so much smoother than Hansgrohe....

I compared the entry level products from both brands (Hansgrohe Focus vs Grohe Bau Contemporary) and found out that the costs of the Hansgrohe products are lower.

But I was surprised that the rainshower system from Hansgrohe is more expensive than Grohe. The retail price of Hansgrohe Croma 100 Showerpipe #27154000 cost S$969 compared to Grohe #27389 which cost S$449 (all prices before store discounts).

Edited by altis72

I compared the entry level products from both brands (Hansgrohe Focus vs Grohe Bau Contemporary) and found out that the costs of the Hansgrohe products are lower.

But I was surprised that the rainshower system from Hansgrohe is more expensive than Grohe. The retail price of Hansgrohe Croma 100 Showerpipe #27154000 cost S$969 compared to Grohe #27389 which cost S$449 (all prices before store discounts).

That item would cost 280.67 EUR = 492.403 SGD, ex delivery at iceprice.com.... Just to show the rip off prices they charge in Singapore. Couldn't find the Grohe article by that number

That item would cost 280.67 EUR = 492.403 SGD, ex delivery at iceprice.com.... Just to show the rip off prices they charge in Singapore. Couldn't find the Grohe article by that number

If you try checking out, processing fee and shipping to Singapore will bring that to 381.57EUR = 657.79SGD. Plus GST = S$703.84

As for the $969 retail price, well, nobody buys at retail price, do they? It's not cheap, but comparing to what you can get in Europe, I don't think its really a rip off.

To altis72,

I'm not too familiar with these 2 models, but did you check the quality of the materials? Eg, the rainshower head - plastic or brass?

Also country of manufacture could lead to cost difference too (whether or not this leads to quality difference)

If you try checking out, processing fee and shipping to Singapore will bring that to 381.57EUR = 657.79SGD. Plus GST = S$703.84

As for the $969 retail price, well, nobody buys at retail price, do they? It's not cheap, but comparing to what you can get in Europe, I don't think its really a rip off.

True true, there is a processing fee for credit cards of 3.6%, then there is a shipping charge. They charge 99 Euro for up to 15Kg, but my shipment of 13.5Kg, of two taps, two shower mixers and two shower sets shower sets, was charged 83 Euro or so.

So indeed, if you buy one item the shipping charge is relatively high, but if you are doing a reno and ordering more items big savings can be had.

Anyway, always do your research and compare... I am just presenting an option that saved me about 900 SGD... especially as I didn't get charged GST... :dancingqueen:

I think both series are good quality, it just depends on your preference.

One tip, buy online from Germany direct. I bought my stuff at www.iceprice.com and including shipment cost the price is almost half of the price in Singapore. I'm actually surprised nobody mentions this in this forum.

Hi pbr,

How long was the lead time for shipment and does it comes with any warranty? I do believe the shipment was in good order when u received it right?!

Grohe just gives a normal shower, but with equal and widely dispersed droplets, they do not mix it with air. Might as well get those high-end in-house brand from PJ , HK or SSC like that, for one-third the price(I also have bot tap and shower from PJ, toilet from HK, basin from SSC and seen and handled everything in PJ, HK and SSC)

Anybody knows what does PJ, HK and SSC stands for?