Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Have PMed the contacts.

Hi skywire, Peter is my ID for my home reno. I would say he did a great job by meeting my very tight deadline, in speed of follow-ups and ensuring great quality of work done. I guess his experience helps. But like all have mentioned in this forum, choosing an ID is a personal thing and it is best you meet him personally to find out. What suits others may not suit you ;) btw I've just uploaded some more photos in my t-blog thread.

Enjoy ur reno experience~

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Have PMed the contacts.

Hi skywire, Peter is my ID for my home reno. I would say he did a great job by meeting my very tight deadline, in speed of follow-ups and ensuring great quality of work done. I guess his experience helps. But like all have mentioned in this forum, choosing an ID is a personal thing and it is best you meet him personally to find out. What suits others may not suit you ;) btw I've just uploaded some more photos in my t-blog thread.

Enjoy ur reno experience~

Yes, experience does help. Younger ID are more emotional and sometimes don't know whatir job scope very well. As they said, those that last long at least have certain skills to survive so long.

Hi,

Just spoke to Lynn recently regarding the reno of my unit. Would like to gather some feedback on her work before I proceed to engage her. Thanks.

Do read the t-blogs in my signature for general feedback... you can just read the last 3 pages of each t-blog

I have dealed with Lynn, IMO, her service is not so good and her design is not impressive.

With only 5 posts, u need to be really convincing in your words...

With only 5 posts, u need to be really convincing in your words...

The number of post doesn't mean anything.

Everyone has different expectation and standard. I am just expressing my opinion of her based on my expectation. As Negarawan mentioned, young ID are more emotional, and I feel there are still alot for them to learn about customer service. I don't want to go into details as it may affect her.

Are you related to her? :D

Everyone has different expectation and standard. I am just expressing my opinion of her based on my expectation. As Negarawan mentioned, young ID are more emotional, and I feel there are still alot for them to learn about customer service. I don't want to go into details as it may affect her.

I agree with Mickey35. She is not as good as what the forumers said. She lacks in urgency and you have to rush her for things. I spoke to her based on good recommendations in this forum. She really lacks in service.

As for merryman, how are you related to her? Why are you so defensive?

The name of the game is to state your terms, instead of letting ID state their terms. Avoid brian washing, set 1) tight schedule and datelines, 2) all hidden cost like electrican, plumber, grilles, need to be outfront, 3) payment schedule best is 10-40-40-10. The last 40 only paid when 50% of carpentry is done.

When terms are set and in contract, then any issue happened. You can go Case and engaged a lawyer. Just tell the ID this, and she/he will be very on the ball for you..if he is taking your project.

Be smart as a consumer. You are paying!!!

I agree with Mickey35. She is not as good as what the forumers said. She lacks in urgency and you have to rush her for things. I spoke to her based on good recommendations in this forum. She really lacks in service.

As for merryman, how are you related to her? Why are you so defensive?

Then I must be related to Uncle Soon, and whoever I spoke up or against due to members with low post counts posting strong recommendations or rejections without any evidence / posts to prove...

The relation: a current customer and go see my t-blog, I'm not defensive about her work...

you guys didn't even bother to look at my sig or t-blog before accusing me, what more can i say about your posts?! :D In fact when you read the last 3 pages of every t-blog in my sig, you have a better sense of how current customers find her work... we have pics, proof that we're not related to companies having stayed here long enough to share and ask questions...

Edited by merryman

Then I must be related to Uncle Soon, and whoever I spoke up or against due to members with low post counts posting strong recommendations or rejections without any evidence / posts to prove...

The relation: a current customer and go see my t-blog, I'm not defensive about her work...

you guys didn't even bother to look at my sig or t-blog before accusing me, what more can i say about your posts?! :D In fact when you read the last 3 pages of every t-blog in my sig, you have a better sense of how current customers find her work... we have pics, proof that we're not related to companies having stayed here long enough to share and ask questions...

We are here to share or experiences. Others are entitled to share their views. Don't need to be work-out. We don't earn anything out of this. I believe whether the particular ID is good or bad. Let him or her defend. If he/she feels not right, can always engage a lawyer and sue, then get justice be done.

When a ID tell me how good he is in the past, I always tell him I only look at the future, not the past. I don't walk with him in the past. Tell me what you can do for me now, and beyond.

Edited by negarawan

We are here to share or experiences. Others are entitled to share their views. Don't need to be work-out. We don't earn anything out of this. I believe whether the particular ID is good or bad. Let him or her defend. If he/she feels not right, can always engage a lawyer and sue, then get justice be done.

When a ID tell me how good he is in the past, I always tell him I only look at the future, not the past. I don't walk with him in the past. Tell me what you can do for me now, and beyond.

True enough, I expect them to share their experiences instead of saying one line or two over an ID. Every ID/Contractor has pros and cons and I believe in sharing a true view. Like I mentioned, Lynn's customers have already shared about her work in their house.

There are too many ghost members in this forum so I asked for Mickey to be more convincing. I doubt there's anything wrong with me asking more about the experience but they threw me into the whole relation thing. Simply childish.

True enough, I expect them to share their experiences instead of saying one line or two over an ID. Every ID/Contractor has pros and cons and I believe in sharing a true view. Like I mentioned, Lynn's customers have already shared about her work in their house.

There are too many ghost members in this forum so I asked for Mickey to be more convincing. I doubt there's anything wrong with me asking more about the experience but they threw me into the whole relation thing. Simply childish.

Well, Trust7780 has agreed with me on my opinion of her. Those who spoke against the recommendation does not mean he is ghost member, vice versa. As I said before, everyone has different expectation and standard. I have seen your T-blog, it show that we really have different taste. Since you want to know, I have call off the deal with her due to her poor servcie. She didn't keep to her promise to produe the drawings in time. When the design is not to my liking, she is quick to blame the customer for not telling her the design he want and SHE suggested to call off the deal! She even asked me to go and select the tiles without any 3D drawings, how to select? But I still oblige to her request. Then she is unable to suit my timing, she asked me to go myself and collect the sample for her!

Is this the GREAT service you are talking about??

I can understand you are defending your house design to prove that you have make the right choice, or she is giving 'great discount' for you to defend her.

wah wah wah... long time neber come in look see the forum full of gun powder :rolleyes:

I did my reno with lynn and although cannto give 100%..... too much to ask for 100%....we are satisfy with her work.... we choose her because we feel that we can work well with her.......

Like choosing wife/husband, not your type, choose another lor... One man's meat is another man's vegetable...errrrr poison........ not happy with this one, choose another one.... it's your $$$$, your choice..... why need to like that leh... relac lar..... life already veri stress, got reno even more stress...... spend more time doing more meaningful thing then come here shoot here shoot there..... peace..... :D

Hi, there has been many good reviews with Lynn from Ideal House. But, I went over to find her and well she supposed to get back to me within 5 days or so, there was no reply from her. The same went for Cisceern. In the end, I went for Arter from Lor Lew Lian. My renovation is almost 40% done.

This forum is for sharing your encounter/experience with the ID regardless good or bad.

Sometime some ID initially is very good. But as he/she received good recommendation, with a lot of new business coming, the atitude will change and become arrogance. Therefore, there will be mix review from different forumers.

This forum is for sharing your encounter/experience with the ID regardless good or bad.

Sometime some ID initially is very good. But as he/she received good recommendation, with a lot of new business coming, the atitude will change and become arrogance. Therefore, there will be mix review from different forumers.

Not all the case like that lar...... maybe some will be arrogance when they become well known... ironically for some, due to the good reviews, their biz increase, they got too many projects to handle.... they do not want/dont know how to reject new biz..... the fella is after all still a human being..... so many work, the level of attentiveness will not be there..... thus leading to problems.... this partly got to do with the fella experience...... so if you catch them at the bad time, either go for somebody else, if die die must use the fella, then got to bear with it lor..... :unsure: