Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BunBun

My 'loft' Home In Jw

Hi all, just got back from work and dinner.

Skywolf : they charged for only the drilling & assembly ma. But assembly charges is not high compared to the drilling part. :( It's stated clearly in the invoice. If you want to install, maybe you can try sim siang choon since it carries both stainless steel products & does installation for a fee. I had my dishrack & spice rack installed on the wall by them. Other shops carrying stainless steel products for kitchen should also have. You can try checking out those first before deciding

Greycat : Yep it is very ex. I feel the pinch. :bangwall: They go by the drilling charges per hole. You try counting the no of holes involved for your bookshelf then work out the maths.

Cantona : Been away? lolx :P Yes living in JW and LLhome is my next block neighbour too! Hee. Gathering have to be at Greycat's place since she mention she having hsewarming plans coming up :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by BunBun

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Sidetrack here a bit.

the promised pic of the sofa bed by Nova

***Picts Taken Down***

Edited by BunBun

Hi all, just got back from work and dinner.

Skywolf : they charged for only the drilling & assembly ma. But assembly charges is not high compared to the drilling part. :notti: It's stated clearly in the invoice. If you want to install, maybe you can try sim siang choon since it carries both stainless steel products & does installation for a fee. I had my dishrack & spice rack installed on the wall by them. Other shops carrying stainless steel products for kitchen should also have. You can try checking out those first before deciding

Greycat : Yep it is very ex. I feel the pinch. :bangwall: They go by the drilling charges per hole. You try counting the no of holes involved for your bookshelf then work out the maths.

Cantona : Been away? lolx :( Yes living in JW and LLhome is my next block neighbour too! Hee. Gathering have to be at Greycat's place since she mention she having hsewarming plans coming up :sport-smiley-004:

Ok... see got space or not to install such stuff. Coz i have top cabinets. If no space, really :P liaoz.

Cantona, thot she mentioned in her t-blog @ the title liaoz?

Edited by skywolf

if you want to hang pots and pans, the best bet for you is to get a bar to put on the wall below the top cabinet instead of a rack cos can use the hooks to place on the bar and hang the pots, pans and even anything as long has a hole for the hook to latch on.

Otherwise another alternative is to get wall hooks to hang whatever so that you can save more storage space in your cabinets. Or else get a trolley like the Ikea Udden trolley? You're using the current kitchen cabinets shown in your blog? See what can be done. :bangwall:

Ok... see got space or not to install such stuff. Coz i have top cabinets. If no space, really :sport-smiley-004: liaoz.

Sidetrack here a bit.

the promised pic of the sofa bed by Nova

sofabedja5.jpg

tats a veri nice color... like purple a lot...guess ur doggy will love it. but u will hate when he jumps up. fur will stick... gotto get ready a brush to sweep away just in case he jumps up. dun let him spoilt it. :dancingqueen:

if you want to hang pots and pans, the best bet for you is to get a bar to put on the wall below the top cabinet instead of a rack cos can use the hooks to place on the bar and hang the pots, pans and even anything as long has a hole for the hook to latch on.

Otherwise another alternative is to get wall hooks to hang whatever so that you can save more storage space in your cabinets. Or else get a trolley like the Ikea Udden trolley? You're using the current kitchen cabinets shown in your blog? See what can be done. :notti:

Nopey... will be changing the cabinets. Bcoz it's too badly maintained...

I suppose a bar may look nicer as there are already top cabinets. If it's a rack, it's like so many 'horizontal' stuff... Hmm... will chew on it...

Cantona is a real sotong then. :(

LLhome: my hubby's dog doesn't jump up, it likes to go under the bed to sleep when its time for us to go to bed. Same for the sofa bed part when I or my hubby sitting or lying on it. :notti:

Skywolf: Hmm just wondering, the space above the fridge have any top cabinet??? If don't have, can consider to install 'open' shelves for more storage besides the bar. Got a floor plan of your kitchen? Maybe can give you some ideas along the way :bleah:

Cantona is a real sotong then. :P

LLhome: my hubby's dog doesn't jump up, it likes to go under the bed to sleep when its time for us to go to bed. Same for the sofa bed part when I or my hubby sitting or lying on it. :dunno:

Skywolf: Hmm just wondering, the space above the fridge have any top cabinet??? If don't have, can consider to install 'open' shelves for more storage besides the bar. Got a floor plan of your kitchen? Maybe can give you some ideas along the way :D

Hi BunBun, we are not doing any cabinets above the fridge... hubby says then we will not be restricted by height of fridge since we have the time frame to buy furniture n stuff slowly (other than those fixed ones like toilets, sinks etc). However, we are thinking of a tall cabinet next to the fridge since that area is quite big. "Open shelves" as in those not covered? :dunno: Like shelf by shelf? We lazy bummers leh... scared dust dust. !! :notti:

Err.. floor plan disappeared liaoz... i try to re-upload again soon. Didnt have it in this pc. :o

Ah. Im also curious how your kitchen layout is going to be like on paper cos i saw the photos in your blog but it didnt give me enough visualisation for what to put in for more storage. Somemore top cabinets for your case. :dunno:

Hi BunBun, we are not doing any cabinets above the fridge... hubby says then we will not be restricted by height of fridge since we have the time frame to buy furniture n stuff slowly (other than those fixed ones like toilets, sinks etc). However, we are thinking of a tall cabinet next to the fridge since that area is quite big. "Open shelves" as in those not covered? :dunno: Like shelf by shelf? We lazy bummers leh... scared dust dust. !! :notti:

Err.. floor plan disappeared liaoz... i try to re-upload again soon. Didnt have it in this pc. :D

Ah. Im also curious how your kitchen layout is going to be like on paper cos i saw the photos in your blog but it didnt give me enough visualisation for what to put in for more storage. Somemore top cabinets for your case. :dunno:

Err... that's the floor plan given by hdb... I had not confirmed which contractor/ID to go to, so no drawings yet.

Erm, i'm more concerned on pots and pans being left to drip the water... becoz the dish tray above the sink may not have that much space to let a big pot to drip the water. If leave it by the sink on the countertop also odd odd... :dunno:

Hmm the only way to let it drip is onto the floor since its all tiles right? Maybe you want to get those stick on hooks and stick them to the side of the cabinets and hang your pots/pans there? they'd just drip a bit on the tiles.

Err... that's the floor plan given by hdb... I had not confirmed which contractor/ID to go to, so no drawings yet.

Erm, i'm more concerned on pots and pans being left to drip the water... becoz the dish tray above the sink may not have that much space to let a big pot to drip the water. If leave it by the sink on the countertop also odd odd... :P

Ah now then you see the dog sniffing the latest addition! :P

dogcheckingitoutqy3.jpg

Greycat : This is for you as promised :P

The lil' dog posing

dogposervq5.jpg

Again another pose struck by the dog looking very innocent

dogposer2yw9.jpg

One more pose! Don't act cute, doggie, h'okay! LOL

dogposer1az9.jpg

hey you have one cheeky boi :)!!!!!!!

my oreo looks like him wor :notti:

related cheekiness ...

well done for all your hard work , your loft is very cozy ...

i like your lightings too ..

me done painting b4 ... and still can't make it ...

my old bedroom took me 2weeks to get a good even colour :) !!

Ranval: Thanks for the kind compliments! It's really hard work doing all the painting and very exhausting at one point that I told my hubby I didn't want to paint my next home if we ever move. keke It's all those endless cleaning up & endless painting, ie; touching up here and there till dunno when going to finish painting in the end.

Oreo looks similar to my hubby's dog that I thought oreo is also a silky terrier as well. lol Yep both are very cheeky and hyperactive. Would play 'partners in crime' part very well

Edited by BunBun