Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
BunBun

My 'loft' Home In Jw

wow bun bun, dunno u are such gd painter! it seems like u are pro. not easy to paint the hse bah? me n hubby tried painting the master room for our previous hse n we make a mess. :notti: oso ur dining and study lights are very unique. nvr see b4... and oso the pic for ur dining area...veri nice!

after all the hardwork i believe u will treasure ur hse more...with both of ur hard work n effort spent.

we oso used to diy our previous hse. but me n hubby not very gd on it so nvr dare to try again liaoz. :notti:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

LLhome, thanks thanks! It's my first time I do house painting. But its rather easy to paint although it is tiring to paint the whole house! I still have more painting to do for the last 2 rooms + the doors :wub: On one hand, its quite addictive if you're a perfectionist in wanting to do everything done nicely. HDB walls are very uneven for plastering. The red passageway took a longer time to paint due to the 'patchy' parts that were still visible even after painting. The study room also have but not as bad.

I agree that we'd treasure our home more now that we've spent alot of time making it work with what we've evisioned for a simple loft theme. You can do the painting with your hubby so long as you are willing to try better. :bow: We were lucky that we manage to see some nice & affordable lights at lightcraft which is worth a deal. Your lights are also nice too lei, LLhome. Makes me want to go your place touch touch including the pool table. LoL !!

Sidetrack a bit here, Im still trying to decide what to paint for the doors after seeing your condo-ish style doors. :wub: Any idea?

wow bun bun, dunno u are such gd painter! it seems like u are pro. not easy to paint the hse bah? me n hubby tried painting the master room for our previous hse n we make a mess. :wub: oso ur dining and study lights are very unique. nvr see b4... and oso the pic for ur dining area...veri nice!

after all the hardwork i believe u will treasure ur hse more...with both of ur hard work n effort spent.

we oso used to diy our previous hse. but me n hubby not very gd on it so nvr dare to try again liaoz. :~

Pictures in Daytime as promised

***Pics Taken Down****

It's kinda messy at the moment, will be much better after everything is settled fully. The latest addition which arrived just now from Nova furniture is this shoe cabinet beside main entrance... Got some problem with the cabinet though. Will post in next posting

Edited by BunBun

As mentioned in previous posting, the shoe cabinet have some probems. See picture as below.

Problem 1 : Allignment of doors!

Can see the silver part.. this is obvious to see how the alignment of the doors run

upcloseofshoecabinetalifa8.jpg

anotherupcloseofalignmevs6.jpg

Problem 2: Scratch marks or what kind of marks are those?

This is only visible if lift up the glass top to reveal the marks on the wood below. :bleah:

marksoncabinettopwm8.jpg

Another mark on the right

anothermarkoncabinettopyp1.jpg

There was also a minor problem with the door hinge. The delivery guy fixed this problem immediately and its

now ok. Only thing is the delivery guys didn't send the cabinet back with them as we have to call nova about it. Called nova up and was told the cabinet model is out of stock and will have to order one as replacement when it comes in. :rolleyes: Nova will send their carpentry guy to look at the cabinet next week to see if can fix the problems or not. Keeping my fingers crossed on this since the service by the nova salesperson attending to us has been satisfactory, no pushy tactics at all.

Having read up on the bad experience at nova furniture by other forumers, I was worried that they'd might not deliver on time as promised. Got to give them some credit for this as they called us to confirm delivery schedule yesterday morning & came today as scheduled.. :)

Edited by BunBun

Other than shoe cabinet, nova also delivered the sofa bed. It's in satisfactory condition having been sat on and checked by my other half. Firm and stable unless more problems pop up suddenly which I will definitely update later.

Will post pics of the sofa bed later as have not taken the pics of it yet.

Here's full view of the shoe cabinet

shoecabinetfrontcn5.jpg

Interior of shoe cabinet

interiorofshoecabinetdw6.jpg

Ah now then you see the dog sniffing the latest addition! :rolleyes:

dogcheckingitoutqy3.jpg

Greycat : This is for you as promised :bleah:

The lil' dog posing

dogposervq5.jpg

Again another pose struck by the dog looking very innocent

dogposer2yw9.jpg

One more pose! Don't act cute, doggie, h'okay! LOL

dogposer1az9.jpg

Will upload more pics of sofa bed & the grundtal shelves later on. Enjoy! :)

Edited by BunBun

LLhome, thanks thanks! It's my first time I do house painting. But its rather easy to paint although it is tiring to paint the whole house! I still have more painting to do for the last 2 rooms + the doors :rolleyes: On one hand, its quite addictive if you're a perfectionist in wanting to do everything done nicely. HDB walls are very uneven for plastering. The red passageway took a longer time to paint due to the 'patchy' parts that were still visible even after painting. The study room also have but not as bad.

I agree that we'd treasure our home more now that we've spent alot of time making it work with what we've evisioned for a simple loft theme. You can do the painting with your hubby so long as you are willing to try better. :lol: We were lucky that we manage to see some nice & affordable lights at lightcraft which is worth a deal. Your lights are also nice too lei, LLhome. Makes me want to go your place touch touch including the pool table. LoL :)

Sidetrack a bit here, Im still trying to decide what to paint for the doors after seeing your condo-ish style doors. :bleah: Any idea?

u sure u first time ar? me n hubby took almost 3 days to paint 1 room and a bad job somemore. nvr want to try again liaoz. my lights are veri simple ones compared to urs. been to a few shops but nvr seen them b4. anyway u r welcome to come to our hse. we love guests... oso can try out the pool table but tink the leveling for the table not veri gd yet. got to wait for the guy to come fix after his reservice. but still can play lah.

as for the painting of the doors...tink u ask the wrong person liaoz. i always hv veri bad taste. the oni thing i can think of is using 2 colors like us but different colors to match the hse bah. hehhe dun reali noe how to advise. hope maybe other forummers are able to provide u with better ideas.

Yes, confirm my first time to paint a house. My other half already have some experience in painting having done it for my parents in law house. I suppose it requires patience to do painting. The MBR took 1 and a half days to paint including touching ups. That was even before we'd moved in. If you want some painting tips, I be glad to offer you if you'd like. :rolleyes:

Ah, now don't know what to paint for the doors & frames. Got white colour left for the 1 Litre cans. Anyone can give some ideas? :)

Really, when we're free we go drop by see your place. Hehehe. You're at 274B ah? 'Cos I noticed only 1 'B' block near a basketball court from your description.

u sure u first time ar? me n hubby took almost 3 days to paint 1 room and a bad job somemore. nvr want to try again liaoz. my lights are veri simple ones compared to urs. been to a few shops but nvr seen them b4. anyway u r welcome to come to our hse. we love guests... oso can try out the pool table but tink the leveling for the table not veri gd yet. got to wait for the guy to come fix after his reservice. but still can play lah.

as for the painting of the doors...tink u ask the wrong person liaoz. i always hv veri bad taste. the oni thing i can think of is using 2 colors like us but different colors to match the hse bah. hehhe dun reali noe how to advise. hope maybe other forummers are able to provide u with better ideas.

Edited by BunBun

Yes, confirm my first time to paint a house. My other half already have some experience in painting having done it for my parents in law house. I suppose it requires patience to do painting. The MBR took 1 and a half days to paint including touching ups. That was even before we'd moved in. If you want some painting tips, I be glad to offer you if you'd like. 8|

Ah, now don't know what to paint for the doors & frames. Got white colour left for the 1 Litre cans. Anyone can give some ideas? :(

Really, when we're free we go drop by see your place. Hehehe. You're at 274B ah? 'Cos I noticed only 1 'B' block near a basketball court from your description.

no need lah...once bitten twice shy... but thx for the offer!

me at 274B... free can come up. jus pm me! :yamseng:

Steady leh, will do that when I'm free to drop by your place.

Now got to wait at home for ikea ppl to come. Today very cold weather also. Good to snuggle up at home under a blanket as well.

no need lah...once bitten twice shy... but thx for the offer!

me at 274B... free can come up. jus pm me! :(

Applefreak: As promised, here are the following pictures of the grundtal racks up in the kitchen & the Udden trolley from Ikea as well.

Taken from ktchen entrance. First thing to notice is the trolley standing in between the fridge & cabinets.

***Picts Taken Down***

Upclose shots of the grundtal racks from..

***Picts Taken Down***

Left Side

***Picts Taken Down***

Right side

***Picts Taken Down***

Again another angle shot, from the right side

***Picts Taken Down***

And the shelves for living room

***Picts Taken Down***

This shot is not very clear cos a bit bright on one side. Was wondering if the shelves look better in this position or on the right side just above the ottoman? For sofa bed, have not yet taken the pictures due to the fact study room is in a mess cos assembling some of the items purchased from ikea. But the sofa bed is steady having tried it out. Is satisfactory overall despite minor paint bubble bits on the silver support frame underneath

Other purchases from ikea not shown here:

1. Clothes stand for mbr to hang clothes ready for use instead of putting in wardrobe

2. A swivel chair for study room

3. A small computer table to put the PC as current study table is a bit small for some studying if place PC there.

Edited by BunBun

hi bunbun thanks for the pix

our kitchen really looks similar, think we've got really similar taste ;)

really :yamseng:8|:( to you and your hubby for painting your home

think i'd drop dead from the exertion liao :(

Yup more or less similar, just slight differences in our kitchen cabinets system.

I think we'd spent over 2 weeks alone just for painting the main living/dining, passageway & MBR cos we were shuttling between our previous place & our current place then. Not to mention that we'd had to stop for a while cos HDB was doing hacking, retiling the tiles FOC due to hollow tiles in common toilet besides cement screeding for the whole place except kitchen & balcony. I even fell asleep on the balcony floor tiles after taking a short break from the painting in living/dining area without caring a hoot. Hubby is the better one. He continued to paint that time while I slept on. It's the memories that are priceless just for painting the house as a perk. :(

Painting is really addictive and a good outlet to hold one's attention if one is too active. :)

hi bunbun thanks for the pix

our kitchen really looks similar, think we've got really similar taste :dribble:

really 8|:(;) to you and your hubby for painting your home

think i'd drop dead from the exertion liao :yamseng:

Don't worry about the painting part. I'm sure that when you and your bf settle down together, both of you probably might do the painting together. Who knows the memories & the bond will be even better? Its better doing it with your loved ones. :furious:

yup totally agree about the memory part :bleah:

makes me kinda regret that i didn't do the painting myself :good:

Hi... hehe... me came abit late to see yr t-blog... :dancingqueen:

Hmm... u bought yr furniture in JB? did they charge u alot for the transport fee??