Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sam Lee Poh Huat

Only 4 Rms Or Smaller Flat Bto Projects?

hello ladies and gentlemans,

M a noobie here.. some frustration to let go :(

I'm already a flat owner co-owning a 4 rm flat with my parents (wif 1st time HDB concessionary loan) and with the thoughts of tying knots with my spore PR gf, stay wif parent + my sliblings, which therefore need a bigger space. With such a heavy family commitment and not being able to afford red hot resale COV, my only route is to get my 2nd HDB concessionary loan opting under the condition to upgrade to a bigger flat size.

But hor, been monitoring recent HDB BTO's and it seem like my plan of getting a bigger roof seem to b on hold. So, wonder if HDB ever built 5 rms BTO's? :dribble: Some may suggest i shld apply under HDB balloting exercise (which i did in jan) but was told that: :dunno:

- im not eligible for Married Child Priority (MCP) as i m still single

- not eligible for fiancee scheme as my gf is jus a spore PR

- not eligible for new flat if apply under my name n wife-to-be, cos again shes a spore PR. Only resales

However, as mentioned earlier, i still proceed with my parents in applying during recent jan balloting exercise knowing the fact that my chances r near ZERO. Guess its always our GOVT polices to encourage and preserving filial ties and family bond but we shall (on our own) to bore all e obstacles.

But again, i fully understand the needs of 1st timers has to be meet 1st and this is to let go my frustrations. Thats y m here to learn more abt renovations tips to possible redo my small 4 rms for 6 occupiers. :)

:good:

Edited by FD1976

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Do remember that if you are to take a second new direct flat (with your parents), you will need to pay 40K CASH in resale levy. So depending on the area, some houses may have lesser than 40K COV. So maybe you can consider that.

Do remember that if you are to take a second new direct flat (with your parents), you will need to pay 40K CASH in resale levy. So depending on the area, some houses may have lesser than 40K COV. So maybe you can consider that.

hi ketong

Was told that resale levy wld not b applicable when if present flat is sold under my parents name whereas the next/ my 2nd direct flat is bought under my name.. they only as co-owners???

i always thought that govt nt building 5-rooms becoz people nowadays prefer 4-rooms or they rather pay a bit more to get EA.

but somehow, among my friends, some are also complaining they would rather get 5 room flats!:)

hi ketong

Was told that resale levy wld not b applicable when if present flat is sold under my parents name whereas the next/ my 2nd direct flat is bought under my name.. they only as co-owners???

if theres the case...........i guess you need to take away your name from your first flat........by doing that, your parent need to pay u your contributions in the past years.............all at one time in front of HDB officer........

just my 2 cents worth of view..

if theres the case...........i guess you need to take away your name from your first flat........by doing that, your parent need to pay u your contributions in the past years.............all at one time in front of HDB officer........

just my 2 cents worth of view..

Yeah, like what gohkm said...it depends on the situation.

But now you said that you and your wife cannot form a family nucleus, so does that means your parents name need to be the essential owner? Need to read up HDB to clarify the rules or speak to the HDB officer and explain the situation clearer. Sometimes they take for granted a default situation that may be slightly different from yours. Better to be double sure.

Also, if you and your gf married, you will be able to apply under the public scheme right?

just to share my experience here:

i am spore PR, and my husband is sporean...

we planned to get married beginning of last year, so we started to apply for flats under HDB direct sale.

we applied under fiancee scheme, it works...

i don't understand why yours doesn't work...

of course, our case is a bit different from yours, my husband's name not under any

HDB flat, since he stays with parents all the time and his parents stay in private

appartment, of course very very old type lah...

i remember i once read the terms and conditions when we apply for the flat..

it says that as long as between the fiance and fiancee, one is sporean, the other one

is at least spore PR, you qualify already. because last time my husband quite worry that

because my PR status, we cannot get new flat. in the end, everything goes smoothly, i

mean regarding the application and final transaction... not to mention the pain of balloting

and the queue number we got sometimes...

below is quoted from HDB website, from Feb 2008 BTO exercise, called "General conditions of purchase of flat",

under Eligibility:

"2.2 Citizenship

Each family nucleus must comprise at least two Singapore Citizens or one Singapore Citizen and one Singapore Permanent Resident. Applicant 1 must be a Singapore Citizen. The other applicant(s) and essential occupier(s) can be Singapore Citizens or Singapore Permanent Residents.

"

hey ladies n guys..

thanks for e reply..

Hmmm.. seem like there's some queries on my side wif regard howcome the HDB officer i called told me that i m not eligible for fiancee scheme for direct sales in my application as a spore citizen+ spore PR

also, resale levy doubts.. Anyway, as sole breadwinner doubt i wld remove my name from my present flat as parents didnt had too much CPF to "return", extra $$ might burn into my own pocket though it is refunding back to my own CPF acct.

Say, jus got my reply letter for jan balloting.. application status as a 2nd timer=zero chances :notti:.. Hope our property market cool down soon.

thanks again.. :notti:

Edited by FD1976

hello ladies and gentlemans,

M a noobie here.. some frustration to let go !!

I'm already a flat owner co-owning a 4 rm flat with my parents (wif 1st time HDB concessionary loan) and with the thoughts of tying knots with my spore PR gf, stay wif parent + my sliblings, which therefore need a bigger space. With such a heavy family commitment and not being able to afford red hot resale COV, my only route is to get my 2nd HDB concessionary loan opting under the condition to upgrade to a bigger flat size.

But hor, been monitoring recent HDB BTO's and it seem like my plan of getting a bigger roof seem to b on hold. So, wonder if HDB ever built 5 rms BTO's? :D Some may suggest i shld apply under HDB balloting exercise (which i did in jan) but was told that: :sport-smiley-018:

- im not eligible for Married Child Priority (MCP) as i m still single

- not eligible for fiancee scheme as my gf is jus a spore PR

- not eligible for new flat if apply under my name n wife-to-be, cos again shes a spore PR. Only resales

However, as mentioned earlier, i still proceed with my parents in applying during recent jan balloting exercise knowing the fact that my chances r near ZERO. Guess its always our GOVT polices to encourage and preserving filial ties and family bond but we shall (on our own) to bore all e obstacles.

But again, i fully understand the needs of 1st timers has to be meet 1st and this is to let go my frustrations. Thats y m here to learn more abt renovations tips to possible redo my small 4 rms for 6 occupiers. :good:

:D

my husband is PR, i'm Singaporean, we could get a new flat... they just need one applicant that is Singaporean

From what I heard, it's ok with you are applying for a new flat with your wife to be for first time, when I mean first time.. there should not be no 1st time of owning a flat before.

I think you can clarify with HDB why you are only eligible for resale flat, for your own benefit.

Step 1 : Apply for balloting with fiancee for BTO flat. As long as a sporean and a PR, then eligble for brand new HDB flat.

Step 2 : If you get the ballot and choose a flat, then Sell existing flat and put parent's name as seller.

Step 3 : Proceed to sign purchase agreement for new flat with fiance/wife.

Above condition may involve RESALE LEVY if the existing flat with your parents is a BRAND new flat and your name is included when they purchase the flat, and not added in recent years when you start working.

Resale levy applies if

1) 1st flat is Brand NEW, and want to apply a brand new flat again

2) 1st flat Resale WITH GRANT, and want to apply a brand new flat again.

vinz

you need to go ROM with ur gf. Go ballot. once you get queue number, go to HDB and tell the officer that you wish to use contra. That means they will give u a temp loan for the new flat while u sell the old flat then the money from the sales will be used to pay the new loan. You have 6 months from the collection of keys to sell your old flat.

My wife is a PR also. I am now currently holding on to a flat. I knew the resale levy would cause too much hassle so i didnt apply for it the first time.

Hi

you are the co-owner w your parent. It means you will also have enjoyed HDB benefit, i believe the resale levy will be charged unless you are buying from open market.

The logic is like as you can't enjoy "subsidies" twice, so in order to be fair to the others, they must charge you levy (aka fine u..keke).

I propose you write in your question to them, as least you have black and white. It involves $40K........

Hi FD1976,

You are already contributing to the current flat which makes you no longer eligible for the First timer etc scheme.

You can still apply to buy a direct new flat through HDB but subject to a levy on your current flat. 4 rm levy should be around 35k. If you are comfortable with the levy to be paid to HDB then u would have no problem. Otherwise u should consider resale.

Edited by chronograph

Hi FD1976,

You are already contributing to the current flat which makes you no longer eligible for the First timer etc scheme.

You can still apply to buy a direct new flat through HDB but subject to a levy on your current flat. 4 rm levy should be around 35k. If you are comfortable with the levy to be paid to HDB then u would have no problem. Otherwise u should consider resale.

hi chronograph,

Fully understand my status as a 2nd timer now. Well but even with a dropping COV these days, valuation of flats raises regardless new or resale. Fm my observation, valuation r set to remained on the high end n i guess future 2nd timer "upgraders" like myself maybe "force" to loan half a mil (5ook) if considering getting a nest in a mature estate but of cos IF provided u can "afford" n "earn" from ur 1st sale.. Otherwise, we may consider st john island for a flat 30 years down the road.. lol.. ulu enuff?