Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
imidazole

4k For Curtains!

Dear friends,

I am very confuse, I have seen some of the postings before, mentioning that curtains are not that expensive, but, i have ask a few of the curtain makers to come over my new condo at TPY and they are quoting me like 4k plus for curtains and bamboo chichs .... Is it consider expensive??

Items include:

1) Balcony curtain (Full length Day& night curtain)-1

2) Master bedroom curtain (half length-night curtain) 2 sets

3) 2 bedrooms (half length-night curtain ) 2 sets

4) Kitchen roller blind-1

5) small window outside toliet (roller blind-1)

6) Master bedroom toliet - rollerblind 1

7) common toilet- frosted

8) kitchen toilet-frosted

9) Bamboo chichs for balcony-3 of them to cover whole balcony

10) solar flims for 3 bedrooms n balcony window

* all the above are not roman blinds just normal curtains

Is it consider expensive? Or they charge more for condo? I was told that curtains only dont cost that much........... :bangwall:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Dear friends,

I am very confuse, I have seen some of the postings before, mentioning that curtains are not that expensive, but, i have ask a few of the curtain makers to come over my new condo at TPY and they are quoting me like 4k plus for curtains and bamboo chichs .... Is it consider expensive??

Items include:

1) Balcony curtain (Full length Day& night curtain)-1

2) Master bedroom curtain (half length-night curtain) 2 sets

3) 2 bedrooms (half length-night curtain ) 2 sets

4) Kitchen roller blind-1

5) small window outside toliet (roller blind-1)

6) Master bedroom toliet - rollerblind 1

7) common toilet- frosted

8) kitchen toilet-frosted

9) Bamboo chichs for balcony-3 of them to cover whole balcony

10) solar flims for 3 bedrooms n balcony window

* all the above are not roman blinds just normal curtains

Is it consider expensive? Or they charge more for condo? I was told that curtains only dont cost that much........... :bangwall:

4K do sound ex...

i jus quoted yr description to my frd who does curtains. :bangwall: lemme see what he says

the price includes solar film, i think is reasonable what! btw, u had the entire house covered - wow!

Er.... I had to cover the entire house because there are many windows ard and i dun seem to have much privacy..... Hmm... i didnt make any high end roman blinds... they are just the normal curtain type....... really surprise me when they quoted me so high.....

But i guess u r ritez... i had many items ........

Thanks ...........

sorry but to be frank. sometimes curtain makers quote according to the type of hse you stay in. but another possiblity is that perhaps ur ceiling i higher?

I notice got night curtains too.

Those are blackout light types right? If so, the cost per foot for the material involved will be more ex.

But yeah, you do have alot of curtains. I can't help but really visualise a 3D version of a landed property, not to mention a condo unit all 'decked' out in curtains drawn out like that. :sport-smiley-004:

Hi,

I am looking for a blackout curtain those roller blind types for my aircon ledge...any recommendations? I would like to get something white and easy to install DIY...something that will be anti-mould too... :sport-smiley-004:

You can buy from Ikea, brand is Tuppler...cheap but quality not really great. Easy to install though. Just need to drill 4 holes.

Another option is Spotlight. They do have better quality roller blinds compared to Ikea but of course at a higher price.

Hi,

I am looking for a blackout curtain those roller blind types for my aircon ledge...any recommendations? I would like to get something white and easy to install DIY...something that will be anti-mould too... :P

Dear pals,

I finally manage to find a curtain maker with reasonable price n i find him reliable. . . I manage to get

1) Day n Night curtain for my balcony

2) Night curtain for master bedroom -2sets

3) Night curtain for 2 smaller bedrooms-2sets

4) Roller Blind for bay window-1

5) Roller Blind for Toliet window-1

6) Roller Blind for Kitchen-1

7) Frosted for window in toliet

8) Bamboo chichs-3 pieces in all to cover whole balcony

price: S$2.5K ONLY!! :(

Well... mangae to do without the solar flim and the hanger

Oh, by the way, the night curtain means only one layer not two layer.. Not those that totally blocks out light .. coz we feel that it is to stuffy n too dark........ But tat is personal view

Anybody wants my curtain contact PM me.... :(

imidazole, I see! sorry i am not good with curtains knowledge. :(

But good that you got a reasonable quote for your curtains in the end. Depends on whether your place is windy enough or not? :(

Hi owm...thanks for the info...

Actually our current one is from Ikea...but its not very good as it attracts little insects (not too sure what they are though) and mould after some time...gotta keep cleaning it...

saw the spotlight one b4...but not too sure if the material will be the same as ikea and we end up with the same problem lor... :unsure:

Really? Ikea one will mouldy? I got 2 types, one is the white but can see through type for my rooms and one is the cheaper white cannot see through one for my aircon ledge, but notice HDB build the window very stupid, now still thinking to ac ledge one whether to install of not.

Hi keltong...

HDB aircon ledge window is frosted but if switch on the light can see through!! I'm sure you don't want ppl to see what's going on inside right...hehe... :jawdrop:

Well...cos' we hardly open the windows at the AC ledge...that's why probably got mould...we got the opaque white one....