Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest sugarmeg

Tau Interior

Guest sunshin387

i'm meeting kelvin this friday for my place. i'm doing a small reno as well, i.e. kitchen and toilets. will keep you updated on the quote!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Guest starrystar

hi pple.. im lookin for more info abt TAU & happens to see this forum.

I came across TAU at tampines & heard good reviews abt them, so thought of approaching them for my hse.

Anyone done any renovation recently or just completed with them? Can share your experience with them? Thanks :)

Guest careBnet
i'm meeting kelvin this friday for my place. i'm doing a small reno as well, i.e. kitchen and toilets. will keep you updated on the quote!

hihi....

Uncle winson will understand from us that what we want to renovate and quote according.

:sport-smiley-018:

Guest sarahkoh
Hi sarah

can i know about Tau Id film... Iam getting my new house key at sengkang central... their carpentry works??? Local made? :good:

thank you

Hi Care

Kelvin is really patient and easy-going. I only start paying only when the electric cabling and L-box is done. I offered to pay him the first installment instead of him asking from me, points added for tat

it was really tiring work when he brought us to select the tiles we want, as its the first time we are seeing so many different types of tiles, me and my hubby really got a headache. But he was very patient and told us not to worry and take our time, we can go back and think about it and he will bring us for the selection another day.

No regrets getting him to do up my place. In fact, I have recommended a few friends to him for their reno

if u already know wat you need then its better to get winson bcos he a very experienced contractor, if u need a designer's advice then u should get kelvin or gabriel. but dun worry thou the prices r the same.

I PMed u kelvin's hp, will get a faster response cause i understand hes quite busy n not always in office

Guest sugarmeg
hi pple.. im lookin for more info abt TAU & happens to see this forum.

I came across TAU at tampines & heard good reviews abt them, so thought of approaching them for my hse.

Anyone done any renovation recently or just completed with them? Can share your experience with them? Thanks :)

Me jus finished reno with them, very very satisfied with their workmanship. Tau was definitely not the cheapest quote among the 7 quotes I had sourced. However, the thing is that there's no hidden cost. At least for the extra $ I paid, I get a peace of mind knowing that kelvin will not run off half way thru the renovations.

I personally choose kelvin 'cos i feel he's honest, responsible, not petty, easy to talk to. Even when my wishy washy S/O keep changing his mind (even to last min), hes still like can can, no problem. When you ask for 1st quotation, include everything, then when meet up with Kelvin, minus out whatever you dun need. This way u should get lower revised quotation & it's unreasonable for them to charge u more expensive(unless theres hidden cost)

it's not for me to say kelvin's the best or u must choose Tau interior. No contractor / id is perfect, even for Tau ma... Maybe u'll meet someone whom u'll feel is even better or more trustable to put your future home in his hand

Good luck and & God bless, aniways heres a little something on wat i had done

General Works

Hack off existing kitchen & 2 toilets floor & wall tiles

Hack off existing living, dining & store floor tiles

Hack off existing 3 bedroom ceramic skirting

Discard existing kitchen cabinet & clear off site

Supply sand & haulage material to doorstep

Acid washing X 2 times

Masonary Works

Apply 3 layer waterproofing - kitchen & 2 toilet floors

Supply & lay kitchen ceramic/homo floor tiles

Supply & lay 2 toilets ceramic/homo floor tiles

Supply & install s/steel rubbish chute

Construct kitchen cabinet base(concrete)

Construct fridge & washing machine base

Supply & lay kitchen ceramic wall tiles till ceiling height

Supply & lay 2 toilets ceramic wall tiles till ceiling height

Patch up & make good 3 bedrooms skirting area

Supply & lay living, dining & store - 600mmX600mm homo floor tiles c/w skirting

Plumbing works

Rerun whole unit cold/hot water copper piping

Labor fee to install sink in/outlet piping

Labor fee to install washing mach in/outlet piping

Labor fee to install 2 set WC bowl

Labor fee to install 2 set wash basin

Labor fee to install 2 nos spray tap

Labor fee to install 2 set toilet accessories

Fibre Board & Plastering Works

Construct living/dining 9mm thickness fibre board ceiling

Plastering whole unit wall & ceiling

Painting Works

Supply & paint 1 layer Nippon Vinilex Oil base sealer whole unit

Supply & paint 2-3 coats (ICI/NIPPON) emulsion paint whole unit

Supply & paint whole unit door frame & piping in gloss paint

Alum & Door Works

Fabricate & install 2 toilet adjustable lovure

Fabricate & install 2 top track alum bi-fold toilet door

Supply & install 4 pcs solid timber flush doors (Veneer) c/w lockset & stopper

Fabricate & install wrought iron main gate

Carpentry Works

Fabricate top & bottom 28ft laminate kitchen cabinet c/w ABS trimming,

handles,s/steel dish tray & 2 panel frosted glass

Supply & install 16ft solid surface kitchen worktop

Supply/Install 900mmX700mm s/steel backing

Fabricate & Install 6ft TV console w back panel

Fabricate & Install MBR 7ft FH laminate casement door wardrobe

Fabricate & Install bedroom 1 6ft FH laminate casement door wardrobe

Fabricate & supply bedroom 1 5ft laminate study table

Fabricate & supply bedoom 1 5ft mount cabinet

Supply & lay parquet flooring on 2 bedrooms

TOTAL = $39,460

Edited by sugarmeg

Guest starrystar

hey thanks sugarmeg! Will consider TAU as one of my choices.. i called them up just now & was refered to another guy gabriel, got appointment wif him next week. Meanwhile will look ard & compare.. haha abit kiasu cuz getting my 1st flat.. =)

Guest sarahkoh

Good for u!!!!!!!

we will be waiting for ur good news!!

Guest myra
hey thanks sugarmeg! Will consider TAU as one of my choices.. i called them up just now & was refered to another guy gabriel, got appointment wif him next week. Meanwhile will look ard & compare.. haha abit kiasu cuz getting my 1st flat.. =)

They r in my top shortlisted ID also.... They have quite a few positive comments here... but still considering with hubbs abt getting uncle winson or his IDs

Guest sunshin387
They r in my top shortlisted ID also.... They have quite a few positive comments here... but still considering with hubbs abt getting uncle winson or his IDs

Kelvin and Gabriel look pretty beng but to be fair, at least they came all the way to Raffles Place to meet me. I just got the quote today and well, certain things are pricey but it really depends on what you guys are looking for. I'm going to get a quote from Classic Design as well so we'll see how.

TO SUPPLY LABOUR HACKING AND DISPOSE FOR DISMANTLE WORKS. (S$800)

1.To hack existing sink and stove.

2.To dismantle bathroom basin.

3.To dismantle existing kitchen cabinet.

4.To hack existing kitchen cabinet base.

TO SUPPLY LABOUR AND MATERIAL FOR MANSORY WORKS.

1.To construct low wall between kitchen sink and washing machine finish with tiles. ($480.00)

2.To construct base for kitchen cabinet, fridge and washing machine. ($380.00)

3.To construct base for washbasin. ($80.00)

4.To replace damage kitchen floor tiles after hacking work at hacking area only. ($380.00)

5.To replace damage wall tiles for kitchen and bathroom. BOS. Tiles given is 4”/4 X 4”/4 inch original HDB white tiles. Base on Per tiles. $ 4.00 each.

TO SUPPLY LABOUR AND MATERIAL FOR CARPENTRY WORK. USING SOLID PLY WOOD FINISH ABS TRIMMING AND LAMINATE.

1.To install top and bottom kitchen cabinet. ESTIMATED 22ft. per ft $90.00 ($1,980)

2.To install solid surface for worktop. ESTIMATED 11ft Per ft $ 70.00 ($770)

3.To install vanity storage between bathroom and toilets. ($380.00)

4.To install solid surface for vanity top. (Sink provide by owner) ($380.00)

Kelvin and Gabriel look pretty beng but to be fair, at least they came all the way to Raffles Place to meet me. I just got the quote today and well, certain things are pricey but it really depends on what you guys are looking for. I'm going to get a quote from Classic Design as well so we'll see how.

1.To construct low wall between kitchen sink and washing machine finish with tiles. ($480.00)

4.To replace damage kitchen floor tiles after hacking work at hacking area only. ($380.00)

5.To replace damage wall tiles for kitchen and bathroom. BOS. Tiles given is 4”/4 X 4”/4 inch original HDB white tiles. Base on Per tiles. $ 4.00 each.

TO SUPPLY LABOUR AND MATERIAL FOR CARPENTRY WORK. USING SOLID PLY WOOD FINISH ABS TRIMMING AND LAMINATE.

1.To install top and bottom kitchen cabinet. ESTIMATED 22ft. per ft $90.00 ($1,980)

Anyone know if they are able to do Blum kitchen system?

Guest careBnet

hi sunshin....

This is what i like about they service. They put in their heart to serve us. Wow , cant believe that they can meet you up at RP. some ID film wont do that lo. i like about their quotation that i have compare with the rest. tau quote is very detail after we both went through it, i dont have any feeling of hidden items and nature feeling of confident with them.you try to get other Q to compare first. then you will understand wat iam trying to say.

:sport-smiley-003:

Guest sunshin387
hi sunshin....

This is what i like about they service. They put in their heart to serve us. Wow , cant believe that they can meet you up at RP. some ID film wont do that lo. i like about their quotation that i have compare with the rest. tau quote is very detail after we both went through it, i dont have any feeling of hidden items and nature feeling of confident with them.you try to get other Q to compare first. then you will understand wat iam trying to say.

:sport-smiley-003:

Yeah, i didn't mind going to Tampines to meet them since i'm staying at Eunos but my partners needed an agreement to go out that night. Thankfully, Kel and Gab were understanding.

I'm meeting Kel today to make some changes to the quote. Thinking of doing laminated flooring... Btw, do you guys think that it's cheaper to get an ID to construct a cabinet below my wash basin or shall i just buy a wash basin that comes with a cabinet?

Was tempted to do something like this - http://www.aos-bathroom.com/vama2/V-038.jpg .. but need to figure out the cost effectiveness.

Edited by sunshin387

Guest sarahkoh
Btw, do you guys think that it's cheaper to get an ID to construct a cabinet below my wash basin or shall i just buy a wash basin that comes with a cabinet?

hmmm.... i think it will b nicer for your ID to construct the cabinet if they r doin ur kitchen cabinet as well. things will look more uniform n nicer ba.....

Guest IceCreamhouse
Yeah, i didn't mind going to Tampines to meet them since i'm staying at Eunos but my partners needed an agreement to go out that night. Thankfully, Kel and Gab were understanding.

I'm meeting Kel today to make some changes to the quote. Thinking of doing laminated flooring... Btw, do you guys think that it's cheaper to get an ID to construct a cabinet below my wash basin or shall i just buy a wash basin that comes with a cabinet?

Was tempted to do something like this - http://www.aos-bathroom.com/vama2/V-038.jpg .. but need to figure out the cost effectiveness.

hello hello......

i agreed with sarah. sunshine. Or you may get some advice from gab or kel. See what they say. ha ha .. made them headache. :furious: they can give you good advice.

ice...