Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest sugarmeg

Tau Interior

i went to visit them on saturday. just ogtten their quote in email... quite over my budget....

kelvin mentioned that customeres from referrals will get more discounts :P so anyone here who engaged tao can give me ur name and maybe ur house blk no., level and street? its a mutual benefit cause next time you got problem with ur renovation works, im sure they will be much much much more wiling to help u if you actually referred customers to them... right? so faster PM me your details if u used tau... thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
i went to visit them on saturday. just ogtten their quote in email... quite over my budget....

kelvin mentioned that customeres from referrals will get more discounts :P so anyone here who engaged tao can give me ur name and maybe ur house blk no., level and street? its a mutual benefit cause next time you got problem with ur renovation works, im sure they will be much much much more wiling to help u if you actually referred customers to them... right? so faster PM me your details if u used tau... thanks

I would really appreciate if anyone could PM me as well :)

Thanks in advance! :yamseng:

Guest myra

Is that true!!!??? but will they compromise on workmanship & quality? I am afraid of getting a good price & compromising the other stuff.

Anyway any ex custmers of tau interior kind enuff to refer me, pls PM me. jus wanna try my luck also.... :sport-smiley-004:

Guest emmalogy
Me jus finished reno with them, very very satisfied with their workmanship. Tau was definitely not the cheapest quote among the 7 quotes I had sourced. However, the thing is that there's no hidden cost. At least for the extra $ I paid, I get a peace of mind knowing that kelvin will not run off half way thru the renovations.

I personally choose kelvin 'cos i feel he's honest, responsible, not petty, easy to talk to. Even when my wishy washy S/O keep changing his mind (even to last min), hes still like can can, no problem. When you ask for 1st quotation, include everything, then when meet up with Kelvin, minus out whatever you dun need. This way u should get lower revised quotation & it's unreasonable for them to charge u more expensive(unless theres hidden cost)

it's not for me to say kelvin's the best or u must choose Tau interior. No contractor / id is perfect, even for Tau ma... Maybe u'll meet someone whom u'll feel is even better or more trustable to put your future home in his hand

Good luck and & God bless, aniways heres a little something on wat i had done

General Works

Hack off existing kitchen & 2 toilets floor & wall tiles

Hack off existing living, dining & store floor tiles

Hack off existing 3 bedroom ceramic skirting

Discard existing kitchen cabinet & clear off site

Supply sand & haulage material to doorstep

Acid washing X 2 times

Masonary Works

Apply 3 layer waterproofing - kitchen & 2 toilet floors

Supply & lay kitchen ceramic/homo floor tiles

Supply & lay 2 toilets ceramic/homo floor tiles

Supply & install s/steel rubbish chute

Construct kitchen cabinet base(concrete)

Construct fridge & washing machine base

Supply & lay kitchen ceramic wall tiles till ceiling height

Supply & lay 2 toilets ceramic wall tiles till ceiling height

Patch up & make good 3 bedrooms skirting area

Supply & lay living, dining & store - 600mmX600mm homo floor tiles c/w skirting

Plumbing works

Rerun whole unit cold/hot water copper piping

Labor fee to install sink in/outlet piping

Labor fee to install washing mach in/outlet piping

Labor fee to install 2 set WC bowl

Labor fee to install 2 set wash basin

Labor fee to install 2 nos spray tap

Labor fee to install 2 set toilet accessories

Fibre Board & Plastering Works

Construct living/dining 9mm thickness fibre board ceiling

Plastering whole unit wall & ceiling

Painting Works

Supply & paint 1 layer Nippon Vinilex Oil base sealer whole unit

Supply & paint 2-3 coats (ICI/NIPPON) emulsion paint whole unit

Supply & paint whole unit door frame & piping in gloss paint

Alum & Door Works

Fabricate & install 2 toilet adjustable lovure

Fabricate & install 2 top track alum bi-fold toilet door

Supply & install 4 pcs solid timber flush doors (Veneer) c/w lockset & stopper

Fabricate & install wrought iron main gate

Carpentry Works

Fabricate top & bottom 28ft laminate kitchen cabinet c/w ABS trimming,

handles,s/steel dish tray & 2 panel frosted glass

Supply & install 16ft solid surface kitchen worktop

Supply/Install 900mmX700mm s/steel backing

Fabricate & Install 6ft TV console w back panel

Fabricate & Install MBR 7ft FH laminate casement door wardrobe

Fabricate & Install bedroom 1 6ft FH laminate casement door wardrobe

Fabricate & supply bedroom 1 5ft laminate study table

Fabricate & supply bedoom 1 5ft mount cabinet

Supply & lay parquet flooring on 2 bedrooms

TOTAL = $39,460

i think that when you haggled too much for the best deal, you might not be getting value-for-money material after you have signed on the deal and may even invite reno worries after that.....

it may be penny wise but pound foolish. :bangwall:

BTW sugar can do u have pics of ur home? can PM me? jus wanna take a look at their works

:drunk:

Guest myra
i think that when you haggled too much for the best deal, you might not be getting value-for-money material after you have signed on the deal and may even invite reno worries after that.....

BTW sugar can do u have pics of ur home? can PM me? jus wanna take a look at their works

Hi all

i second to that 2. as customers we naturally do not want to be treated as carrot. on the other hand, if we push the price too low we are also afraid of the chinese saying 'tou kong jian liao' + bad attitude. hahaha....

Will be meeting kel later after knocking off. keep u guys updated, seeya

I'm meeting Kel today to make some changes to the quote. Thinking of doing laminated flooring... Btw, do you guys think that it's cheaper to get an ID to construct a cabinet below my wash basin or shall i just buy a wash basin that comes with a cabinet?

maybe u should depend on ur budget. its better to ask for quotes and check out the various prices b4 hand

cheers

Edited by myra

Guest IceCreamhouse

hi hi.... emm..

If sugar havent got the time to send you the pict, You can let me know, i can send those pict that TAU have done for my fren and family. for my house as i mention early on is not done by tau ID. shown nothing to let you see as it is a very regret reno by other ID film. Ha Ha ... may be if my hubbs could strike 4D today, then we will move to my parent house and ask uncle winson to renovation the whole house again..

ice

Guest sugarmeg
Anyone know if they are able to do Blum kitchen system?

Yes they do.

we wanted to do blum kitchen system also, but kelvin adviced us not to. he said otherwise it wouldnt fit our budget. furthermore we may have to strike off some other carpentary work. he also said it was not really worth to spend so much on a kitchen system. very patient & tactful in explaining it to us as well

in the end, he told us it would be better to concentrate the bulk of our budget on the design & carpentary of the living rm/bedrms.

very good advice he gives i must say. points added for tat

Yes they do.

we wanted to do blum kitchen system also, but kelvin adviced us not to. he said otherwise it wouldnt fit our budget. furthermore we may have to strike off some other carpentary work. he also said it was not really worth to spend so much on a kitchen system. very patient & tactful in explaining it to us as well

in the end, he told us it would be better to concentrate the bulk of our budget on the design & carpentary of the living rm/bedrms.

very good advice he gives i must say. points added for tat

Thanks sugermeg. I will check with Tao when I am ready to do up the kitchen. I did check with my former ID and she sugested that the Blum system will cost an additional $800-1K.

I don't mind sacrificing some other carpentary work as I think that storage and layout of the kitchen is very impt. The kitche in AMK 5 RM (110sqm) is tiny and any space saver is most welcome.

We reno-ed our place 4 yrs ago when we bought it. So homo tiles built in wardrode in MBR and son's room all in place. Only need bulit-in wardrobe for our daughter's room and maybe a study module cum bookcase for one of the kids rooms.

We plan to re-do kitchen and both toilets, repaint and get some new furniture.

Guest IceCreamhouse
hi ice. would be great if u can PM me on the pics of their works too

yo yo...

Have PM you with a few picture of my fren house done by Tau ID. it might not very clear becos is taken by handphone. ha ha using 2.0 mega pixel. . so understand la , just to share with you all.

ice day.....

:jawdrop:

yo yo emm..

i have PM you and aves a few pict of my fren place that done by tau ID. let me noe again if you didnt recieved it. if sugar got send you any pict ,if possible to PM me of pict , would like to see other ppl house done by Tau ID. :dribble:

ice

yo yo...

Have PM you with a few picture of my fren house done by Tau ID. it might not very clear becos is taken by handphone. ha ha using 2.0 mega pixel. . so understand la , just to share with you all.

ice day.....

no PMs in my inbox.... maybe u can email me. aves at rocketmail dot com

Guest myra

Met up with kelvin at his showroom, very nice, very presentable.

As the others said friendly & cheerful person. we managed to hit off well & he gave us alot of suggestions for our home. We brought some magazines tat we thought had some very nice ideas for our home. but he told us that these were the current trend and told us to go with the incoming trend instead. after which he recommended to us with some other mags in his office which were imported from italy and japan, mind you, they do look thick n expensive & some were in foreign languages. to our surprise he offer to lend us. hubbs tot it was a very nice gesture of him to do so. :good:

added bonus for his warm attitude, unlike some IDs who give their suggestions & try to psycho you to do their style.

awaiting patiently for his quotation........ :)

Guest makiy30

hello there...

Recently my fren recommended me a ID & when I called them up... it happened to be Tau interior :dancingqueen:

I was referred to gabriel, will wait for his reply to set a date n come my house for discussion. He sounded very happy even though I told him it will be minimal carpentry work.

I didn't search for any IDs, Tau interior is my 1st contact I got from my friend and I am glad to find this forum n read so many good comments about them..... I heard that their carpentary & workmanship skills is superb.

Can't wait to meet up with gabriel & hopefully Kelvin as well for discussions..

Regards