Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest sugarmeg

Tau Interior

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi alamak

he only give me $50 discount (which is less than 0.5% out of the total bill). The question is whether all the quotes you get are of the same materials. Like my baywindow, some quote me granite, whole plank of good quality wood, plywood wood with laminates, PU cushions, material cushions etc etc, and the costs can be very very different. example granite will cost me $1300 whereas plywood with simple laminates is $300. Must compare apple with apple.

Thanks for the reply.

Actually his carpentry and some other services, the prices are all right. But the demolishing and hacking fees are a lot higher compared to my other quotes. Demolishing and hacking should be straight forward so shouldn't be of much different. 1st time I see a quote, I will get a shock. Hehe

Anyway, I've emailed him my feedback. See what he reply then maybe meet up to clear things up.

They just finished my altar table, not very impress with the workmanship as the joint lines are very obvious and wide. Does any previous owner who use them have such problem? Have feedback to them as I am very worry now as I am only doing mostly carpentary work and if all like that, then die la.

For those who used white laminates, is the joint line black in colour? so ugly !!

Anyone know if they are able to do Blum kitchen system?

I sent an email to them....but hasnt got a reply from them.....

think they r too bz to clear emails or my project is too small

They just finished my altar table, not very impress with the workmanship as the joint lines are very obvious and wide. Does any previous owner who use them have such problem? Have feedback to them as I am very worry now as I am only doing mostly carpentary work and if all like that, then die la.

For those who used white laminates, is the joint line black in colour? so ugly !!

Oh No.I'm also all white laminates.Hopefully they can solve it fast. :o

Hi Stw9444

I think it depending on the design and laminate. For my display, Kevin's designs have some curve, I choose white laminate with cube bubble bubble kind. And when my hubby checked again this morning, there were some cracks, design flaw I think, so now must change design and Kevin not in town :bangwall:

Ok, then we change the design....worst is all have curve so all need to change (from my platform bed to study cabinets to display cabinets) ....THEN they told hubby mirrors not big enough to cover my entire dining wall, so now last minute have to change design again. Hubby too upset and STOP the mirror delivery guy from coming as not sure what he is giving us.

Although I mentioned that Winston come within 3 hrs, my hubby was jumping MAD.....Winston's suggestion is to use another type of white laminate and don't know what process so that we will not see black joint lines on white laminate. will have to wait and see next week.

Edited by yuenyuen

Hi Stw9444

I think it depending on the design and laminate. For my display, Kevin's designs have some curve, I choose white laminate with cube bubble bubble kind as recommended by him. And when my hubby checked again this morning, there were many cracks, design flaw, so now must change design and Kevin not in town :bangwall:

Ok, then we change the design....worst is all have curve so all need to change ALL (from my platform bed to study cabinets to display cabinets) ....THEN they told hubby mirrors not big enough to cover my entire dining wall, so now last minute have to change design again. Hubby too upset and STOP the mirror delivery guy from coming as not sure what he is giving us.

Although I mentioned that Winston come within 3 hrs, my hubby was jumping MAD.....Winston's suggestion is to use another type of white laminate and don't know what process so that we will not see black joint lines on white laminate. will have to wait and see next week.

The altar doors have wrong design...how....should get them to change or not??? if change even that, then we practically changed everything except painting work...... :furious: I guess the consolation is that uncle agrees to try to fix them.

Hi yuenyuen,

Kelvin also did TV console and kitchen cabinet with white laminate for me. We've finished the reno few weeks ago. Just curious, can you please take picture and share on the cracks and joint lines you mentioned earlier? I want to compare if the joint lines on my cabinet is considered "okay" or even worse that yours.

Cheers,

Will post tomorrow as I can't remember the image website password. so you mean you see black joint lines? for white laminates....if I know than will not select white as the other brown laminate with the black joint lines not so bad. Aiyo my TV console also white... :~

I saw your kitchen cabinet, like no black joint lines what? how come?

Edited by yuenyuen

crack2.png

Crack on left side....at first I thought pencil marking, it is not

can't sleep so.....

can see the joints? did not take direct picture of it.

Edited by yuenyuen

Winston has suggested that we change to the gloss laminate instead of the bubble bubble kind above as the one above might have weak points due to the design. He suggest MBF kind.

Edited by yuenyuen

We called Kevin this morning.....although he is on holiday, we are glad that he is still available and contactable throughout this few days when we have issues :good: Now we will wait for him to return.

We called Kevin this morning.....although he is on holiday, we are glad that he is still available and contactable throughout this few days when we have issues :good: Now we will wait for him to return.

He told me he will return today.i also finding him ler.

He told me he will return today.i also finding him ler.

You also got things to check with him? must take Q-number lei...anyway since I not so urgent, let you cut-Q. How is the progress at your place, can move at month-end? If you are getting white gloss laminates, I think no problem as I saw 'beruang.ndut' kitchen cabinets, look nice without black joint line.