Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
keltong

Sembawang Budget Terminal

My wife likes everything hung up but in this case no choice and the only place to hung is too far away from the sink, so convinced her I will but a nice drainer, just bought yesterday and she seems to like it. :bangwall:

This is what I bought, not sure practical or worth it boh but like the look so just buy it. :D

simplehuman u-frame two level dishrack

p-dsrk-uframe.jpg

Hi keltong, where you bought the dishrack drainer & how much ?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi keltong, where you bought the dishrack drainer & how much ?

Hi hoseyman,

Bought it at Novena Square HomeFix at $78 less 10% = $70.20. It's high grade stainless steel (according to the box) and I only saw 2 there. I saw it at Novena Square HomeFix last week and cannot decide, than when I decided to buy, went to Northpoint, Thomson Plaza and Causeway Point HomeFix but didn't see it. So went back to Novena Sqaure HomeFix to buy. Didn't know got 10% discount until I saw the bill. :yamseng:

at least better than staring at a wall with hdb 'selected' tiles !!

more pix for me to zz zz can?

More pix rolling out slowly... :D

Spam Chop! 8|

After looking at ur photos ur MBR actually not so bad not so many wastage area. :bath:

But ur gust room is really veri small. !!

The guest room original is suppose to be the study room, but we need to put in 3 study tables, 1x 80cm bookshelf, 3x 60cm bookshelves, 1 corner bookshelf and 3x 20cm CD Tower rack. So no choice have to change change change. !!

wow you went for ceiling fan all the way :bangwall:

now a bit regret didn't install it for my parents liao :bangwall:

did i mention earlier that i like your gate?

very unique and quaint :jawdrop:

Finally, after I have started to move in, that I begin to find bits of time to start a Reno T-blog. Will take my time to slowly post some pictures here.

As we are on a tight budget, we plan to do up everything we need with a 20K budget (including any reno + appliances and furnitures). No hacking of any sort to cut cost. We do have quite a bit of existing furnitures/appliances we can reuse.

Reno Plan

Kitchen Cabinet

Master Wardrobe

Painting

Wallpaper

Roller blind/Curtains

Feature to hide bomb shelter door

Master Toilet Shower Screen

Window Grilles + 2 sliding window

Some plumbing work (min)

Some electrical work (min)

Appliances

Ceiling Fans

Instant Water Heater

Lights

Washing Machine

Hood

Hob

Oven

Aircon

Light switch/Heater Switch

TV

Furnitures

TV console

Sofa

Storeroom racks

Desk

Bathroom accessories

Kitchen accessories

CD Tower rack

Wardrobe for guest room

Side table for guest room

That's all for now.

Hi, I'm new to spam or blogs but I have been faithfully following up on renotalk (every day!) as I just exercised my option to buy a resale flat (4NG at Jalan Rajah)..... I'm hooked to the forums here, stealing :notti: ideas :dancingqueen: and learning....

U see, this is my first house purchase; like evryone I have dreams but tight budget :unsure: Is it too much if I were to ask you how you manage with 20K budget for reno works, furniture and appliances?

:dribble:

wow you went for ceiling fan all the way :dribble:

now a bit regret didn't install it for my parents liao :dancingqueen:

did i mention earlier that i like your gate?

very unique and quaint :notti:

Yeah...7 ceiling fans in all, 1 for each room and 3 in living dining. My wife is a big fan of ceiling fans and she hate those standing fan taking up spaces. Especially in rooms which is very small.

You are the 1st to say the gate nice leh, my wife hate it, but gonna live with it till we can afford to change. Hahaha....

Woosh... 3 ceiling fans in the Living / Dining area? Gonna be super windy... 8|

Super windy not really lah, coz my living dining are is quite big and take up most of the floor space in the house leaving us with tiny rooms to work with. 3 is just nice we feel. :unsure:

Hi, I'm new to spam or blogs but I have been faithfully following up on renotalk (every day!) as I just exercised my option to buy a resale flat (4NG at Jalan Rajah)..... I'm hooked to the forums here, stealing :notti: ideas :dancingqueen: and learning....

U see, this is my first house purchase; like evryone I have dreams but tight budget :unsure: Is it too much if I were to ask you how you manage with 20K budget for reno works, furniture and appliances?

:dribble:

Hi kalista,

As I mentioned, this is not my first house so I have quite a bit of 'recycled' furnitures and appliances.

A list of 'recycled' items include:

Queen bed

4 chest of drawers

bedside table

Room TV

Boy's bed

Boy's underside bed

Boy's CD rack

Boy's Wardrobe

Boy's 3 chest of drawer

Boy's bookshelf

Boy's short bookshelf

4 bookshelves

1 corner bookshelf

Guestroom single bed

Dining table and chairs

Microwave

Fridge

Wine Chiller

Shoe Rack

Small bench beside shoe rack

Not sure if I missed out anything. As you can see, this list already save us quite a bit. Some of the items we DIY ourselves, some we got some help to squeeze price, and also a lot of hunting for value items. The final bill is not out yet but it should not deviate too much from our initial budget.

We also kept carpentry work to the minimal (it is a huge chunk of the cost) and we take simple lights and ceiling fans with lights (no need to headache what light to take) to keep the lighting cost down. The only carpentry work we have is actually kitchen cabinets only. We did a partition for our Alumix wardrobe for master bedroom and the guest room we bought a cheap wardrobe. We kept all the original HDB items to keep cost low (any hacking will be another cost).

Since yours is a resale flat, there should be a significant number of items that you do not need to fork out. Than again, it depends on how much you like their current deco.

My 1st flat is also a 4NG resale flat. I painted the entire house, stick to the existing kitchen cabinet, do up the window grille, change the kitchen and toilet flooring (coz they are original 20yrs ago type), installed sys2 aircon, some furniture, and pretty much live in. It's not something we would like if we have more budget as once we move in we find the kitchen cabinets to be in bad condition, and other things we don't like, but have to live with it.

8 yrs on, we re-renovated the whole house, change the kitchen cabinet, wardrobe, room and living flooring (with laminated wood), repainted the whole house, and pretty much live more happily. 8|

This time round coz it's a premium new flat, some of the things are already done by HDB so we did save a bit.

Edited by keltong

Hi kalista,

As I mentioned, this is not my first house so I have quite a bit of 'recycled' furnitures and appliances.

We also kept carpentry work to the minimal (it is a huge chunk of the cost) and we take simple lights and ceiling fans with lights (no need to headache what light to take) to keep the lighting cost down. The only carpentry work we have is actually kitchen cabinets only. We did a partition for our Alumix wardrobe for master bedroom and the guest room we bought a cheap wardrobe. We kept all the original HDB items to keep cost low (any hacking will be another cost).

Since yours is a resale flat, there should be a significant number of items that you do not need to fork out. Than again, it depends on how much you like their current deco.

My 1st flat is also a 4NG resale flat. I painted the entire house, stick to the existing kitchen cabinet, do up the window grille, change the kitchen and toilet flooring (coz they are original 20yrs ago type), installed sys2 aircon, some furniture, and pretty much live in. It's not something we would like if we have more budget as once we move in we find the kitchen cabinets to be in bad condition, and other things we don't like, but have to live with it.

8 yrs on, we re-renovated the whole house, change the kitchen cabinet, wardrobe, room and living flooring (with laminated wood), repainted the whole house, and pretty much live more happily. :D

This time round coz it's a premium new flat, some of the things are already done by HDB so we did save a bit.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Keltong,

Thank you so much for your reply....

Yeah, becos of tight budget, V will be making do with what can b used at d hse :good: ...got our own furniture like sofa and dining sets, bar counter...will need the other basics & of course need to repair some parts (eg. the piping r all rusty and MBR flooring spoilt amongst other things...not gd condition but less COV so grabbed it)....

On the brighter side, :yamseng: I have been getting wonderful tips from this forum; KPOing in everyone's blog... :notti: Thanx you guys... I think I am more prepared having chanced upon renotalk forum :dunno:

Yeah, I always believe to renovate according to our means. And I don't have tips from this forum in my 1st reno. So am glad to find this forum too.

All the best to your new home and I am sure it will turn out just fine, with a little bit of effort. :P