Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dracula

~----~ Our Toy Shop ~----~

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Haha... yeah man.

It was not easy to have a curved tile. I did not see them cut the tile, but it must have took them very long to cut them.

Hey Dracul! Why do you have a curve in your floor tiles at the corner of the bomb shelter? So interesting! And must be good workmanship by tiler, not easy this one i guess.

groovygenie,

The curve tile is to accommodate my curved feature wall which took us quite some time planning it out :notti:

The remaining blank space beside the bomb shelter will be glued pebbles below the feature wall :D

Hopefully all turns out well.

My ID is very patient and was there most of the time to co-ordinate the important details.

:yamseng:

Edited by Dracula

Hey Dracula,

it had been awhile i had not seen such design liao, wavy pattern kind of false ceiling.

e floor tile olso cut curve 2 fit/blend in e feature wall & pebbles wash finishes.

:jawdrop:

Aniway, lok 4ward more of ur reno pix. :notti:

Lucky you with a good ID! I can't say our ID is as patient as yours :) THings are so slow now...sigh....

Everything is like being done halfway...

Anyway...i thought your process of putting in tiles are different from us. Did they cement the floor flat first for your whole living room and then lay the homo tiles on top? OUrs is diff, its like...a bit of cement below, tile on top...cement below, then tile on top...wonder which one is the better method.

Your house is looking good!

Haha... yeah man.

It was not easy to have a curved tile. I did not see them cut the tile, but it must have took them very long to cut them.

groovygenie,

The curve tile is to accommodate my curved feature wall which took us quite some time planning it out :notti:

The remaining blank space beside the bomb shelter will be glued pebbles below the feature wall :D

Hopefully all turns out well.

My ID is very patient and was there most of the time to co-ordinate the important details.

:yamseng:

Hey Dracula,

it had been awhile i had not seen such design liao, wavy pattern kind of false ceiling.

e floor tile olso cut curve 2 fit/blend in e feature wall & pebbles wash finishes.

:jawdrop:

Aniway, lok 4ward more of ur reno pix. :notti:

Hi jacky,

Think it must be me which is fussy and wants all to be curvy instead of sharp edges :notti:

ID was scratching head for a few days before committing if he can be able to process what i wanted... Hehe... :D

Hopefully all turns out well. I am also looking forward to the end product :D

Lucky you with a good ID! I can't say our ID is as patient as yours :) THings are so slow now...sigh....

Everything is like being done halfway...

Anyway...i thought your process of putting in tiles are different from us. Did they cement the floor flat first for your whole living room and then lay the homo tiles on top? OUrs is diff, its like...a bit of cement below, tile on top...cement below, then tile on top...wonder which one is the better method.

Your house is looking good!

Thanks groovygenie!

My ID is like a friend to me... We can chit chat on anything and will he will discuss with me if any problem comes up so that it can be resolved. Most important is you must be able to communicate well and trust what your ID can provide for you. Thats what i think ah. Hehe... :D

Yeah mine was done with cement first then lay the tiles. Cant comment on which is better, guess it must be each tiler have their own methods of doing it ah. :notti:

Edited by Dracula

Just curious, I thought cement screed done by HDB is for paraquet, laminate flooring?

Also to do the tiles, the tiler got to apply the cement himself first so that the tiles can stick better before the cement dries completely? As for the curve,it doesn't look easy to cut the tile that way. :)

Edited by BunBun

Just curious, I thought cement screed done by HDB is for paraquet, laminate flooring?

Also to do the tiles, the tiler got to apply the cement himself first so that the tiles can stick better before the cement dries completely? As for the curve,it doesn't look easy to cut the tile that way. :)

Hi,

Yeah the cement screeding is done by HDB for laminate flooring, which is in my bedrooms only ah. For tiles, i think they got to apply a base coat first then apply another thin coat to stick onto the present cement base. Anyway it could be wrong too :D

Yeah the tile was quite difficult to cut from what i have heard from my ID. But then my tile was cut wrongly, it was suppose to be more curvy. So the poor tiler got to cut again till the correct angle is formed :notti:

My Foyer Tiles

foyer_tiles.jpg

Living Room Tiles Complete

livingroom_floor_done.jpg

Next should be either painting or aircon installation already....

Stay Tuned :notti:

Edited by Dracula

Today they did the whole house tile and skirting already.

They re-cut the curved tile again. Now it is perfect :D

curved_tile.jpg

Living Room Tiles & Skirting all Done!

livingroom_floor_done_b.jpg

Master Bedroom Wall all Done!

mbr_walls.jpg

I wonder whats next.... :notti:

Looking good there, Dracula.

You must be keeping Derek busy until he haven't come to collect the final 20% payment from me. :notti:

Thanks euphobear,

Haha... yeah man... He is also doing hotel reno now, so his schedule kind of pack. Even my 40% before commencement also forgot to collect till recently. :D

Thanks euphobear,

Haha... yeah man... He is also doing hotel reno now, so his schedule kind of pack. Even my 40% before commencement also forgot to collect till recently. :D

Yup, he's quite busy as a senior manager. He also does landed property renovations too.

One thing I like about him is no matter how busy he is, you can always reach him and inform him of your concern. :thumbs up:

Yup, he's quite busy as a senior manager. He also does landed property renovations too.

One thing I like about him is no matter how busy he is, you can always reach him and inform him of your concern. :thumbs up:

Yeah... but he is getting old too... always seem to forget stuffs. Haha.... :D

Yeah... but he is getting old too... always seem to forget stuffs. Haha.... :D

Haha... Too many things on hand for him. I was hoping he'll forget my final payment too. :bleah:

Haha... Too many things on hand for him. I was hoping he'll forget my final payment too. :bleah:

He will sure forget, but his accounts girl will chase him for it when its time to... Hehe... I wish too ah :notti:

ah that explains why cement screeding is done. :P

First time I really see a curved tile to suit a curvy ceiling too. keke hm there's a base or a feature wall for that curved area ah?

Hi,

Yeah the cement screeding is done by HDB for laminate flooring, which is in my bedrooms only ah. For tiles, i think they got to apply a base coat first then apply another thin coat to stick onto the present cement base. Anyway it could be wrong too :D

Yeah the tile was quite difficult to cut from what i have heard from my ID. But then my tile was cut wrongly, it was suppose to be more curvy. So the poor tiler got to cut again till the correct angle is formed :notti:

My Foyer Tiles

foyer_tiles.jpg

Living Room Tiles Complete

livingroom_floor_done.jpg

Next should be either painting or aircon installation already....

Stay Tuned :notti: