Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dracula

~----~ Our Toy Shop ~----~

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
wah can see your home is gonna turn out really swee :wub:

Hehe... TQ TQ hopefully.... Still praying hard nothing goes wrong :D

I see your pebbles so nice. :dribble: the curve looks good now with the addition of pebbles.

Yeah.... The curve looks better and smoother with the pebbles. I like the curved area :D

Same mbr layout as mine. U joining ur original MBR and Bedroom3?

Wow! Have not seen ur unit before. Yeah I hacked the wall to join the 2 rooms together.

Now i am thinking either i carpet the area of the platform of laminate it. Wondering which would be nicer.

Any ideas?

Okay its not a matter of which will be nice since it will be up to your personal preference but u got to consider the pros & cons of carpet vs laminate flooring?

Carpet can trap dust and you need to vacuum regularly but vacuuming the carpet will only suck away top dirt but not the dirt buried deeper which requires thorough cleaning if anyone of you is allergic to dust that is

Laminate is easier, can vacuum and clean thoroughly but requires proper attention, ie; cannot have water overnight on it / don't use too much water for cleaning only damp cloth, mop will do or else it will warp.

Hehe... TQ TQ hopefully.... Still praying hard nothing goes wrong :D

Yeah.... The curve looks better and smoother with the pebbles. I like the curved area :D

Wow! Have not seen ur unit before. Yeah I hacked the wall to join the 2 rooms together.

Now i am thinking either i carpet the area of the platform of laminate it. Wondering which would be nicer.

Any ideas?

Edited by BunBun

True enough, by the way, are you using System 3 or 4? Cos I only see one compressor and you have aircon in living room (trying to do mental workings of your aircon system!) If 3 then you sacrificed one room, right?

We are thinking of having glass too but top and side hung, means it covers the whole area and will hide the washing machine and the stacked dryer. Haven't found out quotation yet or can be done or not due to safety, but don't see an issue there. Also, since I have the contact to plastic maker from Liana, will custom make acrylic to cover the back of the L-shape cabinet and have silicone around it too. Hope can keep the water and moisture away. (there goes our secret, in case ID reads this, haha! We refused to tell him what we'll do) Certainly much cheaper than building a wall there.

Yeah man! I love that 2nd curve too, but as u should know the aircon height is blocking the way, it got to be removed ah. Haiz....

For the glass backsplash, we used glass and no wall behind the sink. Just got to take note that the silicon supporting the glass will ware off as time passes and water will start to seep through it. With a wall it would be longer lasting. I wanted to build a wall there too, but after considering it, i decided to go with the glass. Just got to be extra careful when water is around that area, quickly wipe it off and let that area dry. Dun let the water start to soften the silicon, thats wat my ID told me ah.

:yamseng:

Any ideas?

Yeah, new flat rooms really small, put bed liao, not enuf space for a decent wardrobe.

My MBR simple simple nia, not so many design like ur 3D pics. Can see via my link in my signature if interested.

Carpet the platform? Think better not. Sure they look nice in showroom but maintenance will be a chore. We only got a piece of rug in the living room and now already lazy to clean it :D .

Edited by TYM

Okay its not a matter of which will be nice since it will be up to your personal preference but u got to consider the pros & cons of carpet vs laminate flooring?

Carpet can trap dust and you need to vacuum regularly but vacuuming the carpet will only suck away top dirt but not the dirt buried deeper which requires thorough cleaning if anyone of you is allergic to dust that is

Laminate is easier, can vacuum and clean thoroughly but requires proper attention, ie; cannot have water overnight on it / don't use too much water for cleaning only damp cloth, mop will do or else it will warp.

Oh...... ok i guess i will stick to laminate flooring then. Maybe get a carpet from ikea, then if next time lazy juz throw the carpet away. Hehe.... :D

We may be a little allergic to dust, especially my wife. So idea would have to be scrapped again. Thanks for your help. :notti:

True enough, by the way, are you using System 3 or 4? Cos I only see one compressor and you have aircon in living room (trying to do mental workings of your aircon system!) If 3 then you sacrificed one room, right?

We are thinking of having glass too but top and side hung, means it covers the whole area and will hide the washing machine and the stacked dryer. Haven't found out quotation yet or can be done or not due to safety, but don't see an issue there. Also, since I have the contact to plastic maker from Liana, will custom make acrylic to cover the back of the L-shape cabinet and have silicone around it too. Hope can keep the water and moisture away. (there goes our secret, in case ID reads this, haha! We refused to tell him what we'll do) Certainly much cheaper than building a wall there.

I am using system 3. Initially wanted to use a system 4 but the **** outdoor unit cannot squeeze out of the mini window which the hdb have provided. What a joke man. Dunno why pay them so much for a 4 room unit but cannot use a system 4 in the house.

Anyway for the acrylic, its a good idea but do remember to go for a thicker acrylic like 10, 12 or 14mm types. Otherwise it will warp due to intense heat from your hob. Even with thicker sizes, chances of warping is also high. The price for a thick acrylic is not as cheap as a 10mm tempered glass if i am not wrong. So for longer lasting, i would prefer to go for tempered glass. :D

Yeah, new flat rooms really small, put bed liao, not enuf space for a decent wardrobe.

My MBR simple simple nia, not so many design like ur 3D pics. Can see via my link in my signature if interested.

Carpet the platform? Think better not. Sure they look nice in showroom but maintenance will be a chore. We only got a piece of rug in the living room and now already lazy to clean it :D .

Ok... I will peek into your link to have a look. :D

Yeah. Guess will make do without the carpet then. I will predict that i will be lazy in time to come too. Hehe... :notti:

Np about it, we're all here to share tips and knowledge on home reno. :lol:

Oh...... ok i guess i will stick to laminate flooring then. Maybe get a carpet from ikea, then if next time lazy juz throw the carpet away. Hehe.... :D

We may be a little allergic to dust, especially my wife. So idea would have to be scrapped again. Thanks for your help. :notti:

I am using system 3. Initially wanted to use a system 4 but the **** outdoor unit cannot squeeze out of the mini window which the hdb have provided. What a joke man. Dunno why pay them so much for a 4 room unit but cannot use a system 4 in the house.

Anyway for the acrylic, its a good idea but do remember to go for a thicker acrylic like 10, 12 or 14mm types. Otherwise it will warp due to intense heat from your hob. Even with thicker sizes, chances of warping is also high. The price for a thick acrylic is not as cheap as a 10mm tempered glass if i am not wrong. So for longer lasting, i would prefer to go for tempered glass. :D

Yeah. Guess will make do without the carpet then. I will predict that i will be lazy in time to come too. Hehe... :notti:

Hi Dracula, just wondering how much have you spend on your job with the ID? Bet it's very expensive eh?

Hi Dracula, just wondering how much have you spend on your job with the ID? Bet it's very expensive eh?

Hi ilmare612,

My reno cost approx less then 30k with my ID. IF include electrical, lights, WIW will be about 36k ah.

:D

Hi ,

Love your kitchen lights, where did you get them from ?

It is a good idea that you dun carpet the platform, my previous owner did it and trust me even though she took care of it, the pink carpet looks greyish and cannot imagine the amount of dirt dust, dead skin in it, especially you cannot remove it since it is glued to the platform.

Hi ,

Love your kitchen lights, where did you get them from ?

It is a good idea that you dun carpet the platform, my previous owner did it and trust me even though she took care of it, the pink carpet looks greyish and cannot imagine the amount of dirt dust, dead skin in it, especially you cannot remove it since it is glued to the platform.

Hi enz,

I got my lights from Point One @ Jln Besar. You can look for Ivy, she give good price :D

Yeah for the carpeting, i have decided not to do it already. Will be too lazy to vacuum too ah. I guess i will just stick to the usual laminates. :notti:

Thanks.

:yamseng:

nice choice of lights, esp the foyer light :dribble: :dribble:

Hehe... thank you.... There should be more to come... I especially like my new addition of ceiling.

:notti: