Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Dracula

~----~ Our Toy Shop ~----~

Finally i have been waiting for this day is arriving.... Its the time to collect the keys to our precious home.

When 79 blocks were building back in 2006/7, we could only envy those whom have gotten a haven at our dream place. We knew that many ppl will be eyeing these blocks of flats as it was in the prime area right in front of HDB hub. We went for a BTO at Sengkang but got 2200+ and knew that chances was almost nil. So we decided to look for other haven's at other locations. We have been home hunting for the past 1+ year before finally able to get the home of our dreams.

We finally got our number by half for Feb Bi-Monthly with applications hitting a record high of 10,000 ppl. We were shocked to see the number of ppl balloting with us. We were glad to be in the top 10% of the results, hoping that those in front of us will not snatch the haven we have been targeting. So it all started with looking at the availability of the flats in Toa Payoh 79A to 79E on the internet and teletax, striking off those taken on the books provided by HDB. When the time got nearer, we got more stressed as many of the units were taken up by the days.

Finally the day came for us to choose the unit and we went there 2 hours earlier hoping to get to choose earlier only to realise that the numbers will not move unless there is an appointment at the allocated timings. Haiz.... So we just waited and waited, did not dare to go toilet or for lunch too. Afraid that our number will appear anytime so we just held our breath till it finally appeared.

We quickly rush in and told the officer the location, block and unit. So kiasu man.... Hehehe..... when the officer said that it is ours already then only were we finally relieved and a big stone have been lifted off us. Then came the process of signing lots of papers and made the Option Fee payment and had a happy sumptuous meal together with my Fiancee.

So it comes till today when we will be collecting our keys and sign the agreement to deplete all our CPF (minus those we invested out :notti: ) and collect the keys to our haven. Door opening day will be on Labor Day, so I will be updating this blog as time passes with photos of the unit and renovations to come.

Our chosen ID will be decided this Sunday, 4th of May 2008.

Our Toy Shop floorplan

79efloorplansmallcr4.jpg

:sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Finally i have been waiting for this day is arriving.... Its the time to collect the keys to our precious home.

CONGRATULATIONS !!

:dancingqueen: Your Journey starts here I guess, all the best ya !!

Congratulations, new neighbour!

We've just started our reno too, from 79B, ballot no. in the 700s, which made us rivals back in the day :notti: hehe...anyway, glad to know that you've landed a prize! its true, the location is simply too good!

Probably we can exchange reno tips in the future, cheers, mate!

When 79 blocks were building back in 2006/7, we could only envy those whom have gotten a haven at our dream place. We knew that many ppl will be eyeing these blocks of flats as it was in the prime area right in front of HDB hub. We went for a BTO at Sengkang but got 2200+ and knew that chances was almost nil. So we decided to look for other haven's at other locations. We have been home hunting for the past 1+ year before finally able to get the home of our dreams.

We finally got our number by half for Feb Bi-Monthly with applications hitting a record high of 10,000 ppl. We were shocked to see the number of ppl balloting with us. We were glad to be in the top 10% of the results, hoping that those in front of us will not snatch the haven we have been targeting. So it all started with looking at the availability of the flats in Toa Payoh 79A to 79E on the internet and teletax, striking off those taken on the books provided by HDB. When the time got nearer, we got more stressed as many of the units were taken up by the days.

Finally the day came for us to choose the unit and we went there 2 hours earlier hoping to get to choose earlier only to realise that the numbers will not move unless there is an appointment at the allocated timings. Haiz.... So we just waited and waited, did not dare to go toilet or for lunch too. Afraid that our number will appear anytime so we just held our breath till it finally appeared.

We quickly rush in and told the officer the location, block and unit. So kiasu man.... Hehehe..... when the officer said that it is ours already then only were we finally relieved and a big stone have been lifted off us. Then came the process of signing lots of papers and made the Option Fee payment and had a happy sumptuous meal together with my Fiancee.

So it comes till today when we will be collecting our keys and sign the agreement to deplete all our CPF (minus those we invested out :notti: ) and collect the keys to our haven. Door opening day will be on Labor Day, so I will be updating this blog as time passes with photos of the unit and renovations to come.

Our Toy Shop floorplan

Hi Dracula,

Congras :dancingqueen:

Must be very excited and looked forward to the door opening rite :notti:

So you managed to get a good price from Supreme?

Must post more pics on your reno progress leh :P

spam chop :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen:

or can i only spam at night? :unsure: :unsure:

you are good, still can tahan to wait

when i got my keys, i almost 'flew' down to my unit to open the doors :lol:

Edited by applefreak

spam chop :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen:

or can i only spam at night? :unsure: :unsure:

you are good, still can tahan to wait

when i got my keys, i almost 'flew' down to my unit to open the doors :lol:

apple jie jie must be very busy with work, you used to be the first to spam chop leh :notti:

Ya lor, I also like you, rushed to my flat to open the doors upon getting the keys. Luckily I flew very fast, cos Patrick arrived at my door step 1 min after me :sport-smiley-004:

Is 1st May a good day to open door? Dracula, have you prepared the pineapple, rice and other barang barang to open the door?

congrats, Dracula. same block neighbour, maybe we'll meet in the lift one day :) remember to submit your defects list (at 79C) and apply for cement screeding (if doing parquet or laminates) (at branch office) cos it will take a while. I've been waiting for past 2 wks liao..

Hi big orange,

my unit cost S$296,000 :unsure:

Hi,

Do you mind how much does your unit cost?

Thanks.

Hi yokine,

Supreme quoted me S$4.30psf too, then i told my ID the price they say also can match and lower their quote. Haha.... anyway i also got quote from Pergo for S$4.50psf.

Hi Dracula,

Congras :dancingqueen:

Must be very excited and looked forward to the door opening rite :notti:

So you managed to get a good price from Supreme?

Must post more pics on your reno progress leh :P

Due to some complications on paperwork today between HDB and us, the key collection got delayed till mid May... Haiz.... its our fault to assume :(

Hehe.... Thanks everyone. Will post up any photos once available.

Today went on a window shopping spree to tile shops with so many designs to see..... I like the tile designs at Hafary better then the rest. Very nice and cheap :notti:

Edited by Dracula

:dancingqueen:

Our Toy Shop floorplan

79efloorplansmallcr4.jpg

congrats... people will say buying a house is like buying toto.. you strike big this time.. :dancingqueen:

who is ur chosen ID..

are you going to cover the bomb shelter door in your foyer area?

Haha... thanks :D

My chosen ID would either be Fuse Concept or Unimax Creative, at the moment Unimax have quoted all that we want for our reno and yet to see what Fuse can provide to us.

Yup i gonna cover the bomb shelter like everyone else :notti:

:dancingqueen:

congrats... people will say buying a house is like buying toto.. you strike big this time.. :dancingqueen:

who is ur chosen ID..

are you going to cover the bomb shelter door in your foyer area?

Darcula,

Thanks. Is it this year's bi monthly? Febs'?

Darcula,

My number is 1440.. i think..

can get TPY?

Hi big orange,

yeah its this feb bi-monthly. The final batch for TPY 79 flats. Hehe... I got it because i not chinese :D

So i lucky still manage to grab a nice floor before it was all gone.

:notti:

Darcula,