Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Most BE guys will not have any flooring in 3 room and living room.

Others stuff is included.

SERS guys will be able to choose whether they want this or not.

Regards.

Hi bubbly, you signed up with intradesign? Will there be any open house to let us view the WMS of them? It will be good for those who had no make up their minds about IDs and design.

Keep us updated. :)

No problem. More than willing. I will be there this Sunday and I am open to anyone who is interested to take a look. However, currently my house has only the kitchen cabinets & washing machine base, electric wiring, false ceiling and aircon trunking done up. So, not much workmanship to talk about.

Would open my house up on the weekend of 19/20 Jul. That is where all the cabinets are done up.

DSA.. there alot of defects. But will HDB agree on this defects? By the way, do you still remember on the short wall TV points. How your talk with Subaran? Will they retify for you?

If you are free, it will be very good if you can able to compile in term of excel sheet, what are the possible defects in term of living room, common room, bathroom, kitchen and others. You seem GOOD :sport-smiley-003: in finding defects!! :)

Hi bubbly, i dun think it approved to remove the spring back box. It actually meant for fire kinda of thing. If fire break out, it dun spread.

:)

Totally agree. DSA is the best when it comes to spotting defects!!!

You mean the spring back box cannot remove!!! Then got to get a stronger magnetic stopper then. Really love the wind and would be a waste if door is closed.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
DSA.. there alot of defects. But will HDB agree on this defects? By the way, do you still remember on the short wall TV points. How your talk with Subaran? Will they retify for you?

If you are free, it will be very good if you can able to compile in term of excel sheet, what are the possible defects in term of living room, common room, bathroom, kitchen and others. You seem GOOD :sport-smiley-003: in finding defects!! :):)

I rather the workers are better trained to build, fabricate & perform their duties diligently with a quality mindset. This will greatly reduce the amount of time owners have to spend to scan, detect, identify & report defects. My responsibilities as an owner is to report defects to the BSC; it is their perogative to rectify. Remember, they are not rewarded for entertaining our requests. The TO is already hinting & implying last week that I should cease reporting defects to her. So far I have chalked 4 pages of defect report sheets.

I don't do spoon feeding - in fact I am strong opposition against it - It is the responsibility of owners to ensure their units are in the condition they want. After all, the benefits of defects reporting & rectification flow to the owner, thus the owner should rightly pay the costs of time & efforts. You said it yourself:

There's no such thing as a free lunch, I would say.

You can refer to Diva79's defect checklist since u wanna take the easy route. I started from there too and learnt & worked my way through the entire unit.

HDB will never admit to their mistakes, as with the entire cabinet of ministers, ministries & stat boards. I intend to bring this matter of wrong placement of TV points & phone socket all the way up but I will need help & legwork. And I will visit all 958 units if I have to. Bloody HDB has pissed me off big time with replies from that senior engineer. I doubt HDB will rectify the design wrong even if I managed to secure an overwhelming % of signatories from owners condemning the original placement positions of the TV point & phone socket. But it is the right thing to do. To me.

Edited by DSA

I rather the workers are better trained to build, fabricate & perform their duties diligently with a quality mindset. This will greatly reduce the amount of time owners have to spend to scan, detect, identify & report defects. My responsibilities as an owner is to report defects to the BSC; it is their perogative to rectify. Remember, they are not rewarded for entertaining our requests. The TO is already hinting & implying last week that I should cease reporting defects to her. So far I have chalked 4 pages of defect report sheets.

Hi DSA,

U have 4 over pages in defects huh? can help me check my house??haha treat u kopi after that..

i only able to see 10 over defects. and one more thing, i contacted the TO thru phone and when i ask her can report defects more than 1 time,the TO give me the impression that i should report whatever defects in one go. Tell her that maybe i miss out some during first inspection mah and she was like not very happy.give me impression she not very willing to help us. anyway its just the first talk and she might be irrated by my questions..

haha . hope she is friendly and helpful in person.

No problem. More than willing. I will be there this Sunday and I am open to anyone who is interested to take a look. However, currently my house has only the kitchen cabinets & washing machine base, electric wiring, false ceiling and aircon trunking done up. So, not much workmanship to talk about.

Hi buddy,

So can i come see your house?? :unsure: cos me and u same blk 219C. wan to see see whether some things is it defects or it is just that way..

I don't do spoon feeding - in fact I am strong opposition against it - It is the responsibility of owners to ensure their units are in the condition they want. After all, the benefits of defects reporting & rectification flow to the owner, thus the owner should rightly pay the costs of time & efforts.

You can refer to Diva79's defect checklist since u wanna take the easy route. I started from there too and learnt & worked my way through the entire unit.

HDB will never admit to their mistakes, as with the entire cabinet of ministers, ministries & stat boards. I intend to bring this matter of wrong placement of TV points & phone socket all the way up but I will need help & legwork. And I will visit all 958 units if I have to. Bloody HDB has pissed me off big time with replies from that senior engineer.

Hahaha.. actually it should be the HDB personnel who check for these defects before handling them to us.

Bro, Spoon feeding is very subjective. Internet itself is a big spoon. Dun u agree? If you will like to bring it up to the top. I guess the 38 family here can help a bit if you are willing to share your defects. We are neighbor :) help one another lo... :sport-smiley-003: I sure DSA is helpful :)... heee...

i do not care much about ministers level. As my level now, i just hope HDB can treat us as a customer. Help us to settle the problem. I alway enjoy talking to top management. :)

Would open my house up on the weekend of 19/20 Jul. That is where all the cabinets are done up.

Totally agree. DSA is the best when it comes to spotting defects!!!

You mean the spring back box cannot remove!!! Then got to get a stronger magnetic stopper then. Really love the wind and would be a waste if door is closed.

Think i will chop a place on the 19/20 when everything is ready! so i can see bubbly beauitful house! heee..

For the spring box, u might want to check with HDB directly. As far as i remember, cannot lo.

BTW.. who doing your aircon? :)

Hahaha.. actually it should be the HDB personnel who check for these defects before handling them to us.

Bro, Spoon feeding is very subjective. Internet itself is a big spoon. Dun u agree? If you will like to bring it up to the top. I guess the 38 family here can help a bit if you are willing to share your defects. We are neighbor :) help one another lo... :sport-smiley-003: I sure DSA is helpful :)... heee...

i do not care much about ministers level. As my level now, i just hope HDB can treat us as a customer. Help us to settle the problem. I alway enjoy talking to top management. :)

Think i will chop a place on the 19/20 when everything is ready! so i can see bubbly beauitful house! heee..

For the spring box, u might want to check with HDB directly. As far as i remember, cannot lo.

BTW.. who doing your aircon? :)

I am getting Hong Tar to do my aircon. This is actually recommended by my ID and my wife have done research in the net and they generally get good comments.

I am getting Hong Tar to do my aircon. This is actually recommended by my ID and my wife have done research in the net and they generally get good comments.

drop me a pm on price and brand u bought. Maybe can ask them do also if it good... :)

PM us the price too as I'm might be looking for systems 4.

Hi DSA,

U have 4 over pages in defects huh? can help me check my house??haha treat u kopi after that..

i only able to see 10 over defects. and one more thing, i contacted the TO thru phone and when i ask her can report defects more than 1 time,the TO give me the impression that i should report whatever defects in one go. Tell her that maybe i miss out some during first inspection mah and she was like not very happy.give me impression she not very willing to help us. anyway its just the first talk and she might be irrated by my questions..

haha . hope she is friendly and helpful in person.

Hi buddy,

So can i come see your house?? :unsure: cos me and u same blk 219C. wan to see see whether some things is it defects or it is just that way..

Hi mario, not a problem at all. Will inform you the timings near to the date.

Only at the rate of S$50 on the spot for each defect I spot, then I might consider. The cheaper alternative, mario, is visit your unit & focus your inspection to one room or area a day. You have 7 days after date of key collection to submit the list of defects. Hint: BSC doesn't know when u collected your keys.

Do note there is only ONE Technical Officer receiving the defects sheets from owners, handling all the admin & the coordination of the workers to rectify defects. It is a lot of work! And when sharp-eyed owners like me who are adamant on identifying all defects, it is no surprise that she doesn't relish receiving defects reporting sheets, it means more work for her!

She is doing owners a great & superb service by entertaining their requests for defects rectification. So the onus is on owners to be nice to her. It is her whom u should treat kopi. Or you can jolly well engage an external contractor to rectify all the defects.

When you are in need, you can't demand just because you paid. It doesn't work that way: You are in a lower position with no bargaining power. Imagine if u were to demand the chef of a restaurant to cook your favourite dishes, you think he will give in to your demands? Maybe he will but you never know what u are eating. Swallowing your pride and be nice to service providers usually get things done your way.

"There is no defect when you can't see."

Mega Discount Store @ Katong Mall quote a better price for System 3 Inverter.

Toshiba System 3 @ $2550

3 x RAS-M10NKCV (9k BTU) + Compressor model RAS-3M20SACV (24k BTU).

Mitsubishi Electric System 3 @ $2780

3 x MSXY-GA10VA (9k BTU) + Compressor model MXY-3A28VA (30k BTU)

Poh Joo's price on Rinnai hobs & hoods are pretty good.

is this the link ?

Hong Tar

Only at the rate of S$50 on the spot for each defect I spot, then I might consider. The cheaper alternative, mario, is visit your unit & focus your inspection to one room or area a day. You have 7 days after date of key collection to submit the list of defects. Hint: BSC doesn't know when u collected your keys.

Do note there is only ONE Technical Officer receiving the defects sheets from owners, handling all the admin & the coordination of the workers to rectify defects. It is a lot of work! And when sharp-eyed owners like me who are adamant on identifying all defects, it is no surprise that she doesn't relish receiving defects reporting sheets, it means more work for her!

She is doing owners a great & superb service by entertaining their requests for defects rectification. So the onus is on owners to be nice to her. It is her whom u should treat kopi. Or you can jolly well engage an external contractor to rectify all the defects.

When you are in need, you can't demand just because you paid. It doesn't work that way: You are in a lower position with no bargaining power. Imagine if u were to demand the chef of a restaurant to cook your favourite dishes, you think he will give in to your demands? Maybe he will but you never know what u are eating. Swallowing your pride and be nice to service providers usually get things done your way.

[

Hi DSA,

U say until i like very bad like that lei. :( I just say my first impression of her thru that one single teleconversation. i get what u mean as i handle customer as well and my job scope is very similar to her except my is IT. but i dont really agree that she is doing us a big favour like that by entertaining my request on the defects. we pay for the house, we expect the house to be in a good condition.

Now i am just reporting those supposed to be good or correct things to her. This is her job and she get paid for this. I am not even asking for more.

And of course i didnt treat her badly or what. i spoke to her nicely. u say like i scold her like that and very proud like that. :( . Maybe its the way i phrase my sentence. Pardon me as my english not good..

Anyway i shld be reporting the defects this week.

:yamseng:

we pay for the house, we expect the house to be in a good condition.
If you refer to your stack of lease documents you signed at 1st Storey HDB Hub, HDB never warrants its flats are free of defects nor does it state the quality of flats. Because it is practically impossible to ensure each & every flat are consistent in terms of finishing quality. Inconsistency & defects 2 of the numerous building quality issues that plague every man-constructed development. Moreover, good condition is subjective: There are no defects if you can't see.

BLANCO - TRANSFORMS THE SINK INTO A SINK CENTRE

Quality and convenience at the heart of the kitchen.

The sink is the most important workplace in the kitchen. 60% of time spent in the kitchen is spent at the sink. After all, food preparation, washing and cutting are important tasks which should be as efficient as possible and which no kitchen appliance can do for you.

Sensible space utilisation, ergonomic design and ease of cleaning - BLANCO solutions incorporate these benefits into all products – with outstanding design on top.

Learn what is important when choosing the right sink centre.

Hi DSA, have you decided which one are you getting? I'm still choosing between RH-90CD with RB-2CG ($1650) or RH-KATANA with RB-90CD ($2084) :dunno:
I think I am more or less set on this for my choice of a hob:

07%20RB-2CG(B).JPG

As the choice of hood, Fujioh's FX 900 seems better as it has oil tray to collect the oil from the > 83% of the oil/fumes produced that is absorbed by its oil filters.