Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Share some of my experiences to the furn shops i went yesterday:

Kakit Bukit/Ubi (enterprise one and ubi techpark)

• Massimmo - service is gd, price middle range...
  • Sofaalab - service gd, price lower-middle range depend on the date of yr delivery
  • mode studio/red apple - service so-so, demo one of the sofa to me and end up cock up.. haha
  • lozeno - no one serve, cos need to attend to rich ppl.. haha.. higher end... all zen look

and some other shops in enterprise one, neber note their names... note: Massimo and Sofaalab are sister companies..

Upper paya Leba

• Lush - no ppl attending.. furn more of designer types...
  • silver river - 5 level of showrooms wif diff themes.. service so so... items look normal like vhive, novena type...

missed out on Mesin furniture.. going nxt time..

Will be going to Beng Tuan, OM, Morris, Defu, Mesin nxt time rd...

not going those high end shops.. bo $$... :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Share some of my experiences to the furn shops i went yesterday:

Kakit Bukit/Ubi (enterprise one and ubi techpark)

• Massimmo - service is gd, price middle range...
  • Sofaalab - service gd, price lower-middle range depend on the date of yr delivery
  • mode studio/red apple - service so-so, demo one of the sofa to me and end up cock up.. haha
  • lozeno - no one serve, cos need to attend to rich ppl.. haha.. higher end... all zen look
and some other shops in enterprise one, neber note their names... note: Massimo and Sofaalab are sister companies..

Upper paya Leba

• Lush - no ppl attending.. furn more of designer types...
  • silver river - 5 level of showrooms wif diff themes.. service so so... items look normal like vhive, novena type...
missed out on Mesin furniture.. going nxt time..

not going those high end shops.. bo $$... :D

care to do a mini review on the sofalab product? R they soft and comfortable?

:)

TIA

DSA looking at system 3 only?
Yea, no point installing a FCU in the living room since mine enjoys some wind from the direction to the MRT track so won't be using the FCU much. Besides the area is rather large: 3.45 m x 5.2 m + 4.8 m + 3.6 m = 26.823 m² which requires more than 12551.79594 BTU, probably 16k BTU of cooling capacity as there's extensive heat gain from the bay windows & the TV.

Also, running trunking to the living area mars the look coz I'm not going for false ceiling or cornices that can hide the trunking.

If it gets too hot, just run into the bedroom for coolness or enjoy a cold shower.

Do make a search on RenoTalk forums for Beng Tuan - you'll be surprised by the ferocity of some of the comments. Edited by DSA

care to do a mini review on the sofalab product? R they soft and comfortable?

:)

TIA

erm.. not bad i think.. but u must try it yourself.. i will buy it (cos price is lower and i pretty much like the one i shown u before...) if i cannot find suitable 1..

if u wan to noe where the shop is.. i can guide u there or when i buying.. i can go down wif u...

Do make a search on RenoTalk forums for Beng Tuan - you'll be surprised by the ferocity of some of the comments.

haha.. i searched before on this thread called beng tuan vs mesin... but it quite near to my wife place.. so try to make a trip n c hw it goes.. and newspaper advertising sales..

Edited by yokoyoko

erm.. not bad i think.. but u must try it yourself.. i will buy it (cos price is lower and i pretty much like the one i shown u before...) if i cannot find suitable 1..

if u wan to noe where the shop is.. i can guide u there or when i buying.. i can go down wif u...

haha.. i searched before on this thread called beng tuan vs mesin... but it quite near to my wife place.. so try to make a trip n c hw it goes.. and newspaper advertising sales..

mmm.. maybe i will go and try myself. u planning 3mth or 6mth price? :)

mmm.. maybe i will go and try myself. u planning 3mth or 6mth price? :)

Me planning the delivery date to be on sept to oct period... the place is at the opposite(across the road) of those car selling showrooms at ubi.. have one kou fu kopitiam there..

Me planning the delivery date to be on sept to oct period... the place is at the opposite(across the road) of those car selling showrooms at ubi.. have one kou fu kopitiam there..

I was there last friday! Meeting customer.. haha.. but i forgot to find out where is sofaalab.. wasted.

Welcome Shor!

I'm also in the same block 5rm like you & lovelee, just gotten keys too.....(Big Orange, please help to bold it as well :-) thank you)

Similarly, the placement of dining table is a headache for me too, still pending for a good layout from the IDs.

And the positioning of sofa is another problem too, how far do you all intend to place it away from the TV?

Meanwhile, spend more time shopping while GSS is still on!

Thanks everyone :)

Hi lazurite & lovelee,

I'm going to position the sofa at the dotted line between the living and study rm in the floor plan. Behind my sofa will be my bar counter.

As for the dinning table, I plan to seal up the existing kitchen entrance and hack away the balance wall between the living & kitchen (with PE endosement). Then i can place the dinning table just infront of the "existing kitchen entrance" (which is a seal up wall).

This 5rm layout really giving us a headache. Have you all appointed a ID and which company? Anyone engage a Feng Shui Master and how much? (haha I want to ensure the feng shui before doing anything)

:yamseng:

Hi herbman & mario, thks for the reply! i've just changed my 2nd appmt date with HDB to july, am tied down at work these 2 weeks.. so i'll be collecting my keys in July! yipee.. initially thot i have to wait till aug/sept.. hehe..

Shor, i am engaging a fengshui master for my new home. His name is David Tong, can check out his website at http://www.cmgconsulting.com.sg/

My hubby is the one liaising with him, but i met up with him once, pretty nice guy. He mentioned that fengshui is not about placing those ornaments ard ur hse, but about harnessing the good Qi and identifying your wealth spot. I guess this is impt because i've seen some house in weird colour combi becoz their FSM told them so..

Thanks everyone :)

Hi lazurite & lovelee,

I'm going to position the sofa at the dotted line between the living and study rm in the floor plan. Behind my sofa will be my bar counter.

As for the dinning table, I plan to seal up the existing kitchen entrance and hack away the balance wall between the living & kitchen (with PE endosement). Then i can place the dinning table just infront of the "existing kitchen entrance" (which is a seal up wall).

This 5rm layout really giving us a headache. Have you all appointed a ID and which company? Anyone engage a Feng Shui Master and how much? (haha I want to ensure the feng shui before doing anything)

:yamseng:

I'm from 5-room too and I am placing my dinning table right at the proposed study room shown in our floor plan. Sofa will be right after that and TV on the long wall.

I have tried many combination and think this way is the only way that I feel there is no obstructions. Used to think that dinning table will be placed right outside the kitchen but realise that place is so small that I would have to tuck in my dinning chairs to walk out from kitchen, very accident prone. Another place that i have considered is outside the bomb shelter but unfortunately, I am building a shoe cabinet right in front of the shelter to cammoflage and thus eating beside my shoes doesn't make sense.

Hi herbman & mario, thks for the reply! i've just changed my 2nd appmt date with HDB to july, am tied down at work these 2 weeks.. so i'll be collecting my keys in July! yipee.. initially thot i have to wait till aug/sept.. hehe..

Shor, i am engaging a fengshui master for my new home. His name is David Tong, can check out his website at http://www.cmgconsulting.com.sg/

My hubby is the one liaising with him, but i met up with him once, pretty nice guy. He mentioned that fengshui is not about placing those ornaments ard ur hse, but about harnessing the good Qi and identifying your wealth spot. I guess this is impt because i've seen some house in weird colour combi becoz their FSM told them so..

Thank you so much mscupid11!

Hi Bubbly, your idea is good also, however I require a bar counter that why have to think other ideas.

Hi everyone, we are like living in a condominium with a mall next to it soon, sport facilities at the other side, a community center opposite & etc, this place is value more than a condominium and yet we are paying so much lower than a condominium. With the active forum participation of Bedok Central owners, this indeed evolves a sense of neighbourliness at the new town. :D

Yea, no point installing a FCU in the living room since mine enjoys some wind from the direction to the MRT track so won't be using the FCU much. Besides the area is rather large: 3.45 m x 5.2 m + 4.8 m + 3.6 m = 26.823 m² which requires more than 12551.79594 BTU, probably 16k BTU of cooling capacity as there's extensive heat gain from the bay windows & the TV.

Also, running trunking to the living area mars the look coz I'm not going for false ceiling or cornices that can hide the trunking.

If it gets too hot, just run into the bedroom for coolness or enjoy a cold shower.

Do make a search on RenoTalk forums for Beng Tuan - you'll be surprised by the ferocity of some of the comments.

Are you intending to go for ceiling fan in living? I'm also going for the 'bare' look with regards to the ceiling and thinking if I should have a ceiling fan with lights for the living.

I'm from 5-room too and I am placing my dinning table right at the proposed study room shown in our floor plan. Sofa will be right after that and TV on the long wall.

I have tried many combination and think this way is the only way that I feel there is no obstructions. Used to think that dinning table will be placed right outside the kitchen but realise that place is so small that I would have to tuck in my dinning chairs to walk out from kitchen, very accident prone. Another place that i have considered is outside the bomb shelter but unfortunately, I am building a shoe cabinet right in front of the shelter to cammoflage and thus eating beside my shoes doesn't make sense.

Hi Bubbly, thought u MIA liao ;) got any floorplan to show? wanted to build a shoe cabinet in front of the shelter too.