Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Anyone has contact for window contractor? Hoping to do sliding windows for the service yard.

Also, will I have to get the renovation permit from HDB before I do the windows?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hihi..

staying in 221A. looking at the progress now, my block will be the last to be done so i guess it makes me the most junior in this neighbourhood... haha..

just went to see Home Interior (www.homeinteriorsg.com) designer last weekend. Abit aggressive and gave us alot of promises. Feel that this designer is more like a salesman than designer... Didnt feel he is the right man. so many verbal promises.. say until machiam he is willing to lay his life for my house like tt. haha.. I wonder is this always the case when you visit these designers? Seriously, i kind of hate it....

ALso, any comments on Parquet / laminated flooring? :)

be confortable with the person you engaged :)

I spent a good amount of time today & examined the inner structure of Rinnai RH-ER90i in Rinnai's showroom at Eton House and that of Fujioh FX 900V in Hoe Kee at Tanjong Katong Complex and here are my findings:

Watch the animation here. Notice the 180% U-turn in the airflow when the air enters the all-around gap at the edge of the rectifier panel. In basic aerodynamic theory, this total reversal of airflow direction reduces the speed of airflow. This is verified by the weak suction of Rinnai RH-ER90i; Fujioh's suction did felt a little stronger.

This design is prevalent in both Rinnai RH-ER90i & Fujioh FX 900V, which uncannily echos the comment of the sales personnel at Hoe Kee, who said the design of one of Rinnai's hood is from Fujioh.

You can watch 2 Rinnai hoods in action here.

Here's the account of 1 user of Rinnai RB-2CG hob + Fujioh FX 900V

Closeup shot of his FX 900

DSC_7840.jpg

FX900V_en.gif

The Rinnai RH-ER90i probably looks nicer, then again beauty is subjective. A hood's job to suck air, extract most, if not all, of the cooking fumes from the air & absorb them so looks of hoods is secondary to me.

Ok now, who's going for Rinnai hob? According to the excellent sale executive at Rinnai showroom in Eton House there will be a promotional package consisting of RB-3SS with RH-Katana coming on 1st July.

Edited by DSA

Rinnai Inner Flame Burner design is one unique innovation.

What is Inner-Flame Technology?

The purpose of the unusual design is to create a coherent, unified flame that rises under the center of a pan, then flows outward, bathing the entire bottom of the pan in flame. This approach heats the pan with greater uniformity and improves the efficiency of heat transfer from the flame to pan, which is good for even frying without getting burned food.

In addition to aiming the ports inward, two other design factors assist in shaping the flame. One is that the burner sits slightly below the surface of the cooktop, helping the individual flames to coalesce toward the center as they rise through a hole in the cooktop surface.

Secondly, and more importantly, the burner ports are angled slightly on the horizontal plane. The effect of the flames shooting out an angle is to create a fiery vortex. The swirling flame is meant to accomplish two things. One, it assists in driving the flame outward across the bottom of the pan, helping to evenly bathe the pan bottom with flame. Two, the vortex creates a pressure drop that assists in drawing air in for combustion allowing for a strong consistent flame.

Here's how Rinnai came up with it.

DSC_7961.jpg

Credits: BlueFly, BFC Asia

Feel the sheer heating power of the Rinnai Inner Burner Flame. A good hob is one that produces an array of blue flame, thus generating heat fast & efficiently. One that looks good is a bonus - looks should not be the first and overriding consideration when choosing a hob; this isn't fashion. A good looking hob is less than one which cooks delicious dishes.

DSC_7972.jpg

saoirse describes it aptly:

The appliance-maker Rinnai has turned burner design completely around with its inner-flame burner. The purpose of the unusual design is to create a coherent, unified flame that rises under the center of a pan, then flows outward, bathing the entire bottom of the pan in flame. This approach heats the pan with greater uniformity and improves the efficiency of heat transfer from the flame to pan. Hence, it requires less gas consumption yet heat up the food faster as compared to the normal ordinary burner. And here is the facts Rinnai claims what their inner flame burner is capable of.

Rinnai's exclusive "Inner Flame"

• Powerful & controllable even heat
  • Higher heat efficiency as compared to normal burners
  • Perfect simmer control, superb for making soup
Burner Performance Comparison Boil 2 litre water

Input: Inner Flame - 3.6kW, Normal Burner - 4.5kW

Heat efficiency: Inner Flame - 403 sec, Normal Burner - 442 sec

Keep Warm Performance: Inner Flame - 142g/h, Normal Burner - 181 g/h

Edited by DSA

..... Basically the lady told me it can be install at either the service yard/ kitchen but not bathroom. Not sure about the reason though.....
This is the reason why gas water heater cannot be installed in bathrooms: Production of Carbon Monoxide that may result in poisoning due to lack of oxygen. CO is very dangerous to fauna for it is colourless, odourless, and tasteless.

Anyone has contact for window contractor? Hoping to do sliding windows for the service yard.

Also, will I have to get the renovation permit from HDB before I do the windows?

Windows at Parapet/Balcony of New Developments [new flats handed over from 1 Jul 07 onwards]

For installation/replacement of windows at balcony/parapet, flat owners need to comply with the colour scheme, proportion and type [ie casement to casement, sliding to sliding] with that of the original windows provided by HDB, in addition to existing requirement.

same here. Somehow they decided to install a stone-age flushing system with only 1 full flush, when dual flush is invented like donkey years ago.

haha.. this is a good one.. all the ppl having the same prob? 1 full flush type? can we raise to BSC/HDB on this... i m green..so need to save the world n $$...

electricity bills going up by 4.9% nxt mnth.. wat a 'gd timing' for us... looks like we will need to find smelly smelly 3 ticks electrical products ..

anyone knows what shops will be opening at our linear green? and i m not wrong, there is a kopitiam rite? which "major" company or small small ones will take over?

This is the reason why gas water heater cannot be installed in bathrooms: Production of Carbon Monoxide that may result in poisoning due to lack of oxygen. CO is very dangerous to fauna for it is colourless, odourless, and tasteless.

Hi guys, I have an appointment with Citygas tml between 3.30pm to 5pm at my place. The staff will show me how the piping will be if I want to install the heater in the service yard. PM me if you are interested to come too.

anyone knows what shops will be opening at our linear green? and i m not wrong, there is a kopitiam rite? which "major" company or small small ones will take over?
The shop spaces have yet to be taken up & still available for rental.

lovelee, do have a look at my post on the routing of gas piping issue, you should have no problems holding a discussion with the City Gas contractor on the possible routing.

Edited by DSA

Hi guys, I have an appointment with Citygas tml between 3.30pm to 5pm at my place. The staff will show me how the piping will be if I want to install the heater in the service yard. PM me if you are interested to come too.

Oh no. i be going to malacca for 1 day biz trip. mmm.. lovelee. can take photo or not ?

pai sey ... :unsure:

Oh no. i be going to malacca for 1 day biz trip. mmm.. lovelee. can take photo or not ?

huh? take pictures? how to? I guess he only use his finger to point to me but i will try to ask him to draw on my floor plan :notti: Don't worry I will try to share as much info as possible :yamseng:

lovelee do take some photos of the heater and location installed. Is bubbly having her open house this sunday?

Thanks DSA for the photo and also the introduction of diva79's defect checklist, I will be going to my flat to check the defect soon :horse: I hope I can find some defects as my unit seems to be ok, otherwise I shall engage DSA for assistance :help: and shall treat you kopi too.

lovelee do take some photos of the heater and location installed. Is bubbly having her open house this sunday?

Thanks DSA for the photo and also the introduction of diva79's defect checklist, I will be going to my flat to check the defect soon :horse: I hope I can find some defects as my unit seems to be ok, otherwise I shall engage DSA for assistance :help: and shall treat you kopi too.

I won't have the photos for the heater & the location. The guy is only coming down to advise me before I decide to have it installed or not.