Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Hi all,

For those who are doing tiles for whole house. What is the area that your renovator quoted to you? Mine is quoted 750sq feet, but I calculated is about 660sq feet (excluding skirtings). Wanna survey first before banging the table. :unsure:

97sq metre floor area --> 750sq feet tiles

May I know how much the contractor is charging you for doing the tiles?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Welcome Jsin! We have 41 family here! :dancingqueen:

- 85 m2 so MBR is very small and in fact bout the same size as the other 2 rooms

Q1 - air con condenser can't bring out hence have to choose other brands

I heard some System 4 condenser cannot bring out. If die die want to bring out, you must redo the whole window frame.

Q2 - electrical point not enough for living room hence have to add

It kind of enough for me. Quite a handful of plugs in living room. 2 on short wall, 1 at long wall, another **** room. Or am i wrong?

Do take note of the namelist in 1st post. Then u can start to direct your qns to those who have took their key and start to reno already. They will be at best position to advise. I still not yet get my key :bangwall:

Sighz.

Edited by big orange

For those who are doing tiles for whole house. What is the area that your renovator quoted to you? Mine is quoted 750sq feet, but I calculated is about 660sq feet (excluding skirtings). Wanna survey first before banging the table. :unsure:

97sq metre floor area --> 750sq feet tiles

Maybe he is lazy to calcuate. I think it will be better if you can just poiletly let him know your concern. Ask him how he compute this amount. In this way, you are already stating the fact that you know there is differences in sqm calcuated.

Actually that is why most ID not do charge u by sqm. but rather by one lump sum as a package.

Does anyone getting LG Art Cool Mirror Series Aircon?

Is it 4 tick + cheap cheap? How much huh? if it priced good. I get anything...

:)

Lovely, just think about the purpose of air-con: What is its core purpose? Do air-con need to look like art? I doubt a strip of mirror is art; it's just a piece of mirror. As long as the FCU ain't scaring the bazookas outta ya, however it look will do just fine. Do you even have to know where the FCU is as long as U can feel cool, clean air the second U press the power on button on the air-con remote controller.

Know the core benefit that u are buying in this product: Cool, clean air that is produced by FCUs & compressor put together by highly skilled assemblers or machinery using quality components, which should add to the durability of the air-con system that will be trouble-free. If the look of FCUs are that important, why ain't Mitsubishi Electric or Toshiba or Daikin producing it: there's no engineering science to attaching a mirror plate to the cover of the FCU; it's just simple product or industrial design.

Other than the attributes listed above, the rest are just gimmicks. Doesn't take much to see through the hocus pocus of some manufacturers, eg Korean ones. Case in point, Samsung/LG ain't the best in class; they're just cheaper than Japanese superiors.

In short, that mirror plate is a poor gimmick. Such means are used when the firm is unable to match the sheer engineering technologies of market leaders. And HVAC is under mechanical & electrical engineering, not product/industrial design.

hi to all bro and sis staying at bedok central, i myself is at blk 220C. it seems that these flat do have some problem which all might face??

- mine is 85 m2 so mine MBR is very small and in fact bout the same size as the other 2 rooms

- air con condenser can't bring out hence have to choose other brands

- electrical point not enough for living room hence have to add

comments and advise are welcome. thanks. jason sin (jsin)

Welcome - i hear too that system 4 may have problem bring it out unless there is someway to get it across from service yard. but it may be very risky.....

welcome neighbour, we r from 220C too. which floor r u at?

nope I am getting Toshiba.. curious, why are you considering this model? what is the feature ?

Edited by herbman76

Everybody have their piece of idea to be filled into their ideal house (jigsaw puzzle).

No matter it A aircon, B aircon.

Respect others (decision), respect yourself (own decision)

For myself, i go for cheap and good! :deal:

Hi. Who HDB manager in charge is Mr Quek Chin Moon?

:)

Welcome - i hear too that system 4 may have problem bring it out unless there is someway to get it across from service yard. but it may be very risky.....

nope I am getting Toshiba.. curious, are you considering this model? what is the feature ?

don know yet. the art cool looks pretty in design.

if my calculation is correct living + 2 x bed room +MBR +walkway total is approx 69.40 m^2 = 736.25 Ft^2

living room => (3.45 x 5.2) + (1.7 x 3.6) = 24.06m^2

bedroom 2 => 3.7 x 3.3 = 12.21m^2

Bedroom 3 => 3.7 x 3 = 11.10m^2

MBR => 5.1 x 3.3 =16.83m^2

Walk way to MBR =>4.2x1 =4.2m^2

total =68.4m^2

1m^2 = 10.76391 Ft^2 => 736.25ft^2

pls chk

Dear herbman76, thanks, I recalculated roughly to be about 729sq ft, which is very near to my contractor's quote of 750sq ft. Initially I calculated by ruler measurement, not by numbers from the drawing. Think it's ok now.

• MBR => (5.1-0.3) x 3.3=15.84 (minus the ledge)
  • Walkway => (4.2+0.3) x 1=4.5 (including an estimation of ~0.3m, little section between MBR entrance and end of walkway)

May I know how much the contractor is charging you for doing the tiles?

$4.8k + $450 (haulage)

Mr Lim quote $850 for haulage leh.. why huh? anyone can explain?

then how much is your tiling first? These 2 things are interlinked.

welcome neighbour, we r from 220C too. which floor r u at?

Woo, another same block neighbour.. wondering if same floor?? hehe

So far for air con, did not heard of anyone getting LG brand, hmm.. perhaps can try.. Most important it is energy saving. :)

Dear herbman76, thanks, I recalculated roughly to be about 729sq ft, which is very near to my contractor's quote of 750sq ft. Initially I calculated by ruler measurement, not by numbers from the drawing. Think it's ok now.
  • MBR => (5.1-0.3) x 3.3=15.84 (minus the ledge)
  • Walkway => (4.2+0.3) x 1=4.5 (including an estimation of ~0.3m, little section between MBR entrance and end of walkway)
$4.8k + $450 (haulage)

glad to had help =)

tiles type homogeuous? laminate? or others? these will effect the pricing

Edited by herbman76

Anyone got good curtain maker to recommend? Since this is largely affect by WMS. I will love it if anyone willing to share their cheap and good curtain maker. So when bedok ctrl guys went .. we get special discount.

How how...

Anyone got good curtain maker to recommend? Since this is largely affect by WMS. I will love it if anyone willing to share their cheap and good curtain maker. So when bedok ctrl guys went .. we get special discount.

How how...

Bro,

found this on another thread.. just do a search u can find a lot... quote one of the forumer's post :)

" If you have your floor plan and exact measurements of your windows and wall height, go to Jimmy Textiles at Tanjong Katong Complex. They buy material in bulk and prices are good. The sales staff quote based on plans, and will not go down to your premises to quote on site. They just don't have the time.

If you want some value added service, such as the sales staff bringing materials to your premises to select, and take site measurements on the spot, I have 2 to recommend

Yours Furnishing at River Valley Road & Meridian Curtains and Furnishings at 338 Changi Road, Mera East. "

For cheaper alternatives, maybe can try IKEA?