Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

hi Herman, now i'm veri confused... i do not know wat to have in my new home at blk 221B although I have not collected my keys yet... Do u have any ideal to share? :dunno:

consider

1. budget

2. basics - no matter what must have - eg flooring & in my humble opinion kitchen

3. optional - good to have. eg feature wall ?

The Toliets are done up; kitchen & shelter flooring already done

but still these are my humble opinion, you have to discuss with your half to determine this portion. =)

chk out these Useful Links i had gathered

Reno advise by Wai Leong

Reno Esitmator

NEA Energy Calculation for Fridge & Aircon

Air con Blog

rdgs

Herbman

Edited by herbman76

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all, i'm not promoting CD. Its just tat orange say he would like to see CD WMS, so i say ok for him to come down. Anyway its up to u all to decide Ur ID, most important is u must click with the ID tat u are engaging.

For those interested i do welcome, just let orange know in advance. :yamseng:

Thanks steve from dropping by here for the bedok ctrl community. :)

Dear all,

Wall paper contacts

Tree Cube - Tonny Neo tonny@treecube.com.sg, 67477877, 91007682 loc 207 Balestier road #01-04 Belestier Tower Singapore 329683.

My Wife and I went to visit them. (by appointment) they also have Richgood products. you can enquire pricing first then see how. My personnal opinion this thing good to have not must have quite exp.

--

Air con trunking matter, I was advise by my ID that there are certain guidelines on the trunking... I am chking to see if it is true. If anyone of you goes to the BSC dun mind can ask them.. My ID inform me that there are a few pple kana for the trunking thing.

TO BE CONFIRM :It appears that it is a must for the trunking to go thru the wooden pcs that is under the aircon window. There are a few illegal installations whereby pple did not go thru the bottom pcs they entered the room from the top portion of the windows.

My Aircon is coming on 02.07.08 most likely will confirm with Gain City pple as they should be aware of it. It appears that going thru the bath room may be a no-no there are pillars & Beams, tiles. hmmm end up may have to run it along the walk way....

----

Hdb relaxed renovation Guidelines for your easy reference not everything need permit

Edited by herbman76

Anyone getting Fujioh/Rinnai/Turbo cooker hood & hob? :unsure:

Anyone installing the system 4 aircon???

Most likely will get Fujioh Fx900 Cooker Hood and Rinnai RB-2CG SV Hob.

Yet to find out which dealer offers the lowest price.

Appliances Price List (a little outdated but better than nothing)

Edited by LimeGreen

--

Air con trunking matter, I was advise by my ID that there are certain guidelines on the trunking... I am chking to see if it is true. If anyone of you goes to the BSC dun mind can ask them.. My ID inform me that there are a few pple kana for the trunking thing.

TO BE CONFIRM :It appears that it is a must for the trunking to go thru the wooden pcs that is under the aircon window. There are a few illegal installations whereby pple did not go thru the bottom pcs they entered the room from the top portion of the windows.

My Aircon is coming on 02.07.08 most likely will confirm with Gain City pple as they should be aware of it. It appears that going thru the bath room may be a no-no there are pillars & Beams, tiles. hmmm end up may have to run it along the walk way....

Hi Herbman,

Found this, not sure gt any help ant: Guidlines on electical and aircon installation for HDB flats

There are certain approved installation methods and locations for air con.. did not read throught it.. too long :P But from the drawing, i think might need to go through the wooden panel but it is best to ask BSC.

List of approved BCA approved aircon installers: Approved installer name lists

From the pdf file, its stated that Gain city, courts and etc air-con installers might nt be BCA approved installers.. FYI onli..

BTW is your toliet flush powerful? meaning water pressure strong or weak?

Hi all,

seems like my toilet flush is also weak.. as in dun think can flush away our poo. :furious: haha..

how abt the rest?

Hello everybody,

I have talked to another forumer in renotalk - stevetang from SK fernl

His house is done by classicdesign of Jalan Mebina.

He will like to invite bedok ctrl member for a look of what he is doing on this coming sat. 5-7-2008

for those who is interested in Classic Design, it will be a good time to access their WMS without the Gina and Tony around. This will give you greater flexibity of spotting the defects too. In a way, we can contributed back to Stevetang.

Do reply in the thread if you might be interested.

1. big orange

Please add in the names...

Yo Big Orange,

What time will you be going? might be interested.. haha.

:yamseng:

Hi all,

seems like my toilet flush is also weak.. as in dun think can flush away our poo. :furious: haha..

how abt the rest?

mine too and i wonder anyway to improve that :dunno:

Hi Herbman,

Found this, not sure gt any help ant: Guidlines on electical and aircon installation for HDB flats

There are certain approved installation methods and locations for air con.. did not read throught it.. too long :P But from the drawing, i think might need to go through the wooden panel but it is best to ask BSC.

List of approved BCA approved aircon installers: Approved installer name lists

From the pdf file, its stated that Gain city, courts and etc air-con installers might nt be BCA approved installers.. FYI onli..

thks i think i heard the wooden thing before.. my flush seem normal hee hee.. perhap you open the water cristen up see got anything that can adjust

mine too and i wonder anyway to improve that :dunno:

ok.. so mani ppl face this prob.. will call and ask the BSC side or pUB to take a look.. hopefully can adjust the water pressure n solve the prob...

meanwhile as wat herbman mentioned.. check the water cristen..

Edited by yokoyoko

Hi all,

For those who are doing tiles for whole house. What is the area that your renovator quoted to you? Mine is quoted 750sq feet, but I calculated is about 660sq feet (excluding skirtings). Wanna survey first before banging the table. :unsure:

97sq metre floor area --> 750sq feet tiles

Edited by hihihi

Hi all,

For those who are doing tiles for whole house. What is the area that your renovator quoted to you? Mine is quoted 750sq feet, but I calculated is about 660sq feet (excluding skirtings). Wanna survey first before banging the table. :unsure:

97sq metre floor area --> 750sq feet tiles

if my calculation is correct living + 2 x bed room +MBR +walkway total is approx 69.40 m^2 = 736.25 Ft^2

living room => (3.45 x 5.2) + (1.7 x 3.6) = 24.06m^2

bedroom 2 => 3.7 x 3.3 = 12.21m^2

Bedroom 3 => 3.7 x 3 = 11.10m^2

MBR => 5.1 x 3.3 =16.83m^2

Walk way to MBR =>4.2x1 =4.2m^2

total =68.4m^2

1m^2 = 10.76391 Ft^2 => 736.25ft^2

pls chk

Edited by herbman76

Hi,

Dedicated to brothers/sisters who got their unit at 219-221. :dancingqueen:

Let form a neighborhood.

Those bolded nick mean that they had already gotten their KEY!

219A - DSA

219B - sidney93, jeaniebaby, tyrix, snow_bell

219C - big orange, LimeGreen, snowman, Bubbly, s_mario, eipsy

219D - mscupid11, Mozaith

220A - hihihi, herbman76, spidey

220B - 2BeMe, nuggets, raayn, effie, mocchi, yokoyoko, pandaz, Archetype, blurer23

220C - seraphinee, lovelee, lazurite, soojin, jiazhen, Sho, jsin

221A - isc90152, crookedheart

221B - sheppy, cohiers, darcbleu, cacky, wkyong

221C - tfujiwara8, xiaoair29

Total of 40 family here :sport-smiley-003:

So roughly we got around 20plus over 199 applicant for bedok huh? that about 10%!! Good good..

Also, courtesy from DSA

A FaceBook group named Linear Green @ Bedok Central.

Regards.

hi to all bro and sis staying at bedok central, i myself is at blk 220C. it seems that these flat do have some problem which all might face??

- mine is 85 m2 so mine MBR is very small and in fact bout the same size as the other 2 rooms

- air con condenser can't bring out hence have to choose other brands

- electrical point not enough for living room hence have to add

comments and advise are welcome. thanks. jason sin (jsin)

hi to all bro and sis staying at bedok central, i myself is at blk 220C. it seems that these flat do have some problem which all might face??

- mine is 85 m2 so mine MBR is very small and in fact bout the same size as the other 2 rooms

- air con condenser can't bring out hence have to choose other brands

- electrical point not enough for living room hence have to add

comments and advise are welcome. thanks. jason sin (jsin)

welcome neighbour, we r from 220C too. which floor r u at?

Does anyone getting LG Art Cool Mirror Series Aircon?

Shouldn't the cost of flooring be based on the number of tiles laid or used + cost of cement + workmanship cost + tiling firm's profit? Surely it cannot be based on the floor area because there are walls, skirting.