Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Can anyone confirm if the main door should stay open once it's fully opened?

Mine don't stay open even when fully opened. That metal thing above the door should keep the door close.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Can anyone confirm if the main door should stay open once it's fully opened?
Mine doesn't. And this building material is not listed on HDB Building Materials List so you can verify with the supplier:

YONG TAI LOONG PTE LTD.

461 Macpherson Road, Singapore 368179.

105 Neythal Road, Jurong, Singapore 628593.

77 International Road, Jurong, Singapore 619628.

PHONE: (65) 62880355

Fax: (65) 62879396

E-mail us: sales@yongtailoong.com

There are two general styles of door closers: manual and automatic. Manual door closers come in two main forms, overhead and jamb mounted. Overhead door closers, such as those from Briton, Dorma and Geze, can be concealed or surface mounted, whereas jamb mounted closers, such as Perko-Powermatic, fit between the door and the door frame and are totally concealed when the door is closed.

A manual door closer stores the energy used in the opening of the door and releases it to close the door. To limit the speed at which the door closes, common door closers use hydraulic (oil-filled) dampers, although spring mechanisms may also be used. The speed at which the door closer closes the door may be adjustable by up to two set screws. These screws often adjust the sweep speed and the latch speed of the door. The latch speed is the speed that the door travels in the last third to 10 degrees as it closes and is often set fast so that the door can properly latch closed. The sweep speed is the speed which the door travels at along the first two thirds of its travel and is often set slower than the latch speed. Door closers which provide this two-stage action and close doors at a determined rate are called 'controlled' door closers.

Door closers are most commonly used on fire doors, which need to be closed in the case of fire to help prevent spread of the fire and smoke. Choosing a door closer can involve the consideration of a variety of criteria. In addition to the closer's performance in fire situations, other criteria may include resistance to opening forces (for use by disabled or infirm) as well as health, safety, durability, risk of vandalism/ligature and aesthetics.

Anyone's external clothes drying racks is this shiny??? :dribble: I think I'll have to use Brasso to polish the rods so they do not stain my cleaned wet laundry!

ExternalClothesDryingRack_Photo_1.jpgExternalClothesDryingRack_Photo_2.jpg

DIY is waaay cooler. Save Big Orange the trouble of updating the 1st post which, by now, is hardly read.

Hi DSA.. I think it ok with me to do the edit. no hassle. :sport-smiley-003:

Also, the very 1st page will serve a very good summary of neighbor around.

:dancingqueen:

Does anyone realise that we are not issued keys to the bathroom doors which can be locked from inside?

No key is needed as u can open it with a coin outside and i already tested that.

No key is needed as u can open it with a coin outside and i already tested that.

Hi lovelee,

so your toilet doors got key inserition hole? mine dun have. think all other pple got. i going to report as defect liao. :(

One more thing regarding the main door, does the main door close slow and automatic when u leave it open, as in it will swing back and close it? cos my just stuck at the abt to close position. need to push it to close it.

One more thing regarding the main door, does the main door close slow and automatic when u leave it open, as in it will swing back and close it? cos my just stuck at the abt to close position. need to push it to close it.

s_mario read the posting by DSA below. The "metal box", u can slide open the top panel. There u will find the screws for adjustments.

A manual door closer stores the energy used in the opening of the door and releases it to close the door. To limit the speed at which the door closes, common door closers use hydraulic (oil-filled) dampers, although spring mechanisms may also be used. The speed at which the door closer closes the door may be adjustable by up to two set screws. These screws often adjust the sweep speed and the latch speed of the door. The latch speed is the speed that the door travels in the last third to 10 degrees as it closes and is often set fast so that the door can properly latch closed. The sweep speed is the speed which the door travels at along the first two thirds of its travel and is often set slower than the latch speed. Door closers which provide this two-stage action and close doors at a determined rate are called 'controlled' door closers.

Hi lovelee,

so your toilet doors got key inserition hole? mine dun have. think all other pple got. i going to report as defect liao. :(

Toilet doors got no key hole. Main door automatic close fast.

It not a key hole, but rather a slot of a coin side to inside and twist and open the toilet door. As i mention, i wonder if it mean to be any safety measure. I notice my current HDB toilet door also is the same. we can insert a coin into the slot and turn the knoc. Hope it helps.

To Guys & Girls who opted for premium finishing with doors, floor & wall tiles installed:

Please check each & every tile for dents, scratches & irremovable stains.

I found 15 1/2 tiles in my MBR stained with rust-like spots, 1 of which has 5 scratch marks, 1 tile in the living area dented.

Check the walls in the household shelter as well

I discovered tiny little holes in the wall.

In addition, the wall joints are not painted over which has turn slightly very faint yellowish due to oxidation of the plaster. The workers were lazy to paint the wall joints with small brushes and instead plastered over them.

Feel each & every door with your fingers, both the front & back

I found scratches & dents on all three bedroom doors.

Feel each & every handle of the top hung window pane.

I found two scratched.

Edited by DSA

To Guys & Girls who opted for premium finishing with doors, floor & wall tiles installed:

I balloted for the flat without indicating anything. Does it mean that my flat comes with no tiles and other stuff?

thks :)

Edited by isc90152

Hi Bubbly, thought u MIA liao ;) got any floorplan to show? wanted to build a shoe cabinet in front of the shelter too.

Ha ha ha :D Yalor, very busy with daytime work for the past 2 weeks and I also got night time & weekend work (the reno). So not much time to log on.

Wuh, floorplan huh, abit difficult cos all the design with my ID. Will try to draw that out and send it to you as soon as possible.

I balloted for the flat without indicating anything. Does it mean that my flat comes with no tiles and other stuff?

thks :)

Most BE guys will not have any flooring in 3 room and living room.

Others stuff is included.

SERS guys will be able to choose whether they want this or not.

Regards.

Ha ha ha :D Yalor, very busy with daytime work for the past 2 weeks and I also got night time & weekend work (the reno). So not much time to log on.

Wuh, floorplan huh, abit difficult cos all the design with my ID. Will try to draw that out and send it to you as soon as possible.

Hi bubbly, you signed up with intradesign? Will there be any open house to let us view the WMS of them? It will be good for those who had no make up their minds about IDs and design.

Keep us updated. :)

Yes, main door got no stopper and it closes very fast. I am thinking of getting rid of the box and put a stopper behind the door so that I can enjoy the wind!!! Also, do not attempt to try an buy those rubber stopper to stop the main door. It will damage the bottom of your door. That is what happens to my parents and DSA and Effie have already witness it!!!

Edited by Bubbly

Please check each & every tile for dents, scratches & irremovable stains.

I found 15 1/2 tiles in my MBR stained with rust-like spots, 1 of which has 5 scratch marks, 1 tile in the living area dented.

Check the walls in the household shelter as well

I discovered tiny little holes in the wall.

In addition, the wall joints are not painted over which has turn slightly very faint yellowish due to oxidation of the plaster. The workers were lazy to paint the wall joints with small brushes and instead plastered over them.

Feel each & every door with your fingers, both the front & back

I found scratches & dents on all three bedroom doors.

Feel each & every handle of the top hung window pane.

I found two scratched.

DSA.. there alot of defects. But will HDB agree on this defects? By the way, do you still remember on the short wall TV points. How your talk with Subaran? Will they retify for you?

If you are free, it will be very good if you can able to compile in term of excel sheet, what are the possible defects in term of living room, common room, bathroom, kitchen and others. You seem GOOD :sport-smiley-003: in finding defects!! :)

Yes, main door got no stopper and it closes very fast. I am thinking of getting rid of the box and put a stopper behind the door so that I can enjoy the wind!!!

Hi bubbly, i dun think it approved to remove the spring back box. It actually meant for fire kinda of thing. If fire break out, it dun spread.

:)