Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

4. Cement screeting

When u collect your key, u can ask HDB to do it for you for FOC.

5. Switch SCV point across living room

my contractor charged me $120

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
my contractor charged me $120
If all those who incur such fee in relocating the TV point in their living point write in to HDB, that will help towards compelling HDB admitting its negligence & take Surbana International Consultants to task for its architect's lack of thought in his design of this development. Edited by DSA

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and manage to find this forum from the Singapore Brides website. I just received my key last week and I'm from 220c 5 rm :D

Anyone start renovating their house?

Friends of Linear Green,

some information from shop -- stainless steel prices likely to go up next week i.e. item increase price.

My Wife went to buy sink from a shop (<$180 I am not sure wherether allowed to indicate name here, but can look at my blog for address & details of my sources if you are interested) recommended by Her Aunty, I peronnally find the item cheaper then another shop.

People who are getting stainless steel thingy may want consider to do purchase earlier.

---

reno update

- water heater + lightings pend delivey

- kitchen cabinet design & colour confirmed

- Sink & tap delivered

Edited by herbman76

dear ALL,

i seek your advise. my dad just passed away a few days ago and I dont think i want to ROM this year.

the AHG is finaly just granted 2 days ago.

what shall i do now ...can i ask them to defer giving me the keys? or must I really go through with the ROM even though i am not ready for it..*all of a sudden*

:(

Oh ..My condolences to you and your family . Agree with yokoyoko - Talk to HDB abt it see how it goes.

Finally, I am seeing the completion of defects rectification on this Saturday! Hopefully! The BSC TO has hinted that the BSC might extend its operation till the end of the year.

Anyone visiting his/her unit can take photos of the air-con window? I wish to ascertain if the glass is supposed to be clear or frosted?

hi DSA,

so how we go abt reporting defects to BSC huh? i went inspect my house and spot quite a bit of defects lei. :( .

so how will they rectify the defects? they have keys to access the house? btw the glass of the aircon window is frosted.

hi all,

what are the defects u guys check huh? i did a check on fri but my check might not be detail.

maybe we can organise a grp visit to whoever collect keys so that we can help spot defects. :good:

btw when is the latest time we need to report defects huh? is it 7 days after u collect key or before reno can liao?

I'm thinking of doing ala-carte renos to save cost, but not sure if my order of works is correct. Could you guys kindly advise. I got my flat from BE so kitchen, bomb shelter all tiled, bathrooms done up. House is fully painted and I'm happy with the colour.

1. Install air-con

2. Install kitchen (getting from Ikea), including installation of sink, tap and induction hob

3. Install sliding windows for service yard

3. Purchase washing machine and fridge

4. Cement screeting

5. Switch SCV point across living room

7. Install lightings, ceiling fan and electric heater

6. Install parquet flooring for living/dining and bedrooms

8. Touch-up paint and clean-up

Basically these are the simple stuff I'm doing. Aiming to do parquet flooring last so as not to damage the flooring due to other works or moving of heavy equipment such as washer and fridge. Is the order ok, or should I rearrange any tasks. Appreciate your input!

i see that you are parquet flooring the whole place perhap you ID can advise better ? I think if they are done first when moving things in there should be some protective measures?

item 2 may want to consider ikea website to download their software there is a price list generated or visit them at their site they do have contractor that will come to to installation.

item 5. should be quite fast my contractor did that the first thing before doing any other things. There is one telephone distribution point, I was advise by SCV people try not to block it.

hi all,

what are the defects u guys check huh? i did a check on fri but my check might not be detail.

maybe we can organise a grp visit to whoever collect keys so that we can help spot defects. :good:

btw when is the latest time we need to report defects huh? is it 7 days after u collect key or before reno can liao?

HDB give you a form, it is either 7 days or before your reno start, chk if you ID is able to assist. from Linear Green we have our own DSA :) (maybe you can forward your charges hee hee) currently there is a BSC under 220A which you can approach.

Dearl all - it appears that the window for aircon is frosted

i see that you are parquet flooring the whole place perhap you ID can advise better ? I think if they are done first when moving things in there should be some protective measures?

item 2 may want to consider ikea website to download their software there is a price list generated or visit them at their site they do have contractor that will come to to installation.

item 5. should be quite fast my contractor did that the first thing before doing any other things. There is one telephone distribution point, I was advise by SCV people try not to block it.

HDB give you a form, it is either 7 days or before your reno start, chk if you ID is able to assist. from Linear Green we have our own DSA :) (maybe you can forward your charges hee hee) currently there is a BSC under 220A which you can approach.

Thanks... I no ID, that's why trying to work out flow myself. Doubt the shops delivering the electrical appliances will take adequate measures to protect my flooring so thought of shifting them in earlier. But I realised getting the appliances so early with the house not in move-in condition also no use. Somemore need to waste electricity to keep fridge on, so decided to leave all the appliances to the end, including the air-con. Is that ok or should I still go ahead and do the air-con first. Thought I will do it just before I get the painter to do touch-up.

If I didn't request for cement screeting when I collected my keys, can I request it now? Where should I direct my request to? The office at Blk220A?

If I didn't request for cement screeting when I collected my keys, can I request it now? Where should I direct my request to? The office at Blk220A?

hmm - not too sure maybe try BSC at 220A

mine actually also not so ID i only ask then to do flooring & kitchen cabinet.

refer to my blog see if the item under list of event suit your needs

dear ALL,

i seek your advise. my dad just passed away a few days ago and I dont think i want to ROM this year.

the AHG is finaly just granted 2 days ago.

what shall i do now ...can i ask them to defer giving me the keys? or must I really go through with the ROM even though i am not ready for it..*all of a sudden*

:(

Hi Raayn, my condolences to you and your family. I totally agree to Yokoyoko and herbman to call the HDB. However, I personally feel that there are always exceptionals and hope that the extension that you will be asking will be granted without a fuss.

Everyone, today have been a very busy but fruitful day. I have finally purchase my sofa and the cupboard to my baby. Relatively cheap from Nova. I am also nearing decision on my dryers!!!

dun scare bubbly. :) he be fine...

Ha ha ha!!!! No wonder I need three sheets to fill in all my defects!!!! :P

Luckily all is remedied except for the stupid hanger at the service yard where I put in down and now it got stuck and I couldn't rise it up again!!! :(

hi DSA,

so how we go abt reporting defects to BSC huh? i went inspect my house and spot quite a bit of defects lei. :( .

so how will they rectify the defects? they have keys to access the house? btw the glass of the aircon window is frosted.

Thanks for the info on the air-con window glass, mario.

For submission of the list of defects, you should have a form in the thick folder given to u by HDB when u collected your keys. Do a search on this thread for diva79's comprehensive defects checklist.

You can adhere masking tape marked by a defect title next to the defects for easy identification by the workers.

As for giving BSC access to your unit, get a sturdy padlock with multiple keys which u can pass one copy to the technical officer.

Do not give keys to your unit to anyone other than your family, not even your ID or renovation contractor.

Edited by DSA

You have us Linear Greeners' condolences to you and your family. I believe u can call HDB Sales/Resale Customer Service to discuss postponing the key collection at 1800-8663066 if you bought your unit under the Balloting Exercise.

Weekdays:

8.00am - 5.00pm

Saturdays:

8.00am - 1.00pm

For Selective En bloc Redevelopment Scheme (SERS) Atrium 2nd Storey, the number is 1800-8663070.

Weekdays:

8.00am - 5.00pm

Saturdays:

8.00am - 1.00pm