Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
The hawker food centre cum market (either one or both) at Blk 216 will be closed for upgrading from 30th Sept 2008 to 31 Dec 2008. These dates are recalled from memory of the PVC banner hung along the covered walkway linking Blk 213 to Blk 216. You can verify it near the POSBank branch at Blk 213.

A temporary market will be set up at the back apron of Blk 215.

I rather they don't upgrade it coz the hawker food centre is one place where we can find good, cheap food...

Btw, Big Orange you can bold my id as I've gotten the keys today, thanks.

Added. Welcome! You 4 rom or 5 room? SERS or BE? :)

Got your key already? :)

hehe.. mine is 5 room from BE..

going to get my keys soon.. supposedly next mon.. but think me and partner going to postpone

hehe.. mine is 5 room from BE..

going to get my keys soon.. supposedly next mon.. but think me and partner going to postpone

hi..you mean next monday or next month?

lovelee - if you are a very good mj player, you are not 'welcome' hahaha :D we would not want to lose $$$ to you...we only welcome amateur players...heehee..

Haha not really gd lah, seldom play actually :sport-smiley-018:

Big Orange you can bold my id as I've gotten the keys today, thanks.

Edited by lovelee

Big Orange you can bold my id as I've gotten the keys today, thanks.

congras!

Actually herbman are pretty right in reno cost. Must learn to save for the raining days..

I am a practical person hee hee (or pple say square type) anyway young couples usually doesnt have lot of $$ so need to look at what you really need no matter what must have then if there is still extra consider those that are good to have :)

It is likely you may be tied down by Wedding/banquet preparation also. if possible avoid loans. the interest may be high. if you are using credit cards, or credit line or ready credit make sure you can top it up in time to avoid high interest.

sometime simple may be the way in order not to complicates matters :) my 5cents worth.

Edited by herbman76

Can start a Linear Green Mahjong Club? :drunk:

Current Status of Linear Green @ Bedok Central: 21 members out of 35 RenoTalkers listed here. 14 missing in action or non-FaceBookies.

Edited by DSA

Like my colleague mentioned, no point spending too much on reno, $15k is enuf..

I have met up with a few IDs and went to their showrooms. My deadline for choosing the ID is by end of June. me not hacking floors/ overlaying tiles...even the IDs discourage me from doing that...

This is list of 'compulsory' things I need to do:

1. Window grilles for all windows plus windows for service yard

2. Kitchen cabinet, sink, cooking area

3. Painting works

4. Electrical re-wiring for my Tv sockets

5. Built in wardrobe for MBR

6. Cabinet for MBR bathroom

7. Bifold door for MBR bathroom (for convenience reasons)

8. Glass door for kitchen

9. Plumbing works for sinks

10. Fridge base, washer base etc.

optional

1. False ceiling for living/ dining room/ MBR (on one hand, I think false ceiling is really extra, on the other hand, I m really a bit particular about lighting effects) will i be able to find nice lights without false ceiling? sigh...

2. Shower screens (I m still undecided)

3. Feature walls for living room and MBR (I can just do with a movable tv console, its my hubby who is still considering..)

Did i miss out anything for the 'compulsory' list? (I m assuming all other appliances will be installed by the delivery persons, e.g.aircon)

if i recall correctly i can remember issit ICI paint or nippon or some another brand hmm they give out flyers to Mum hse some months back paint 4 rm should be abt $800 -$1000 maybe you can chk out

refer to posting by effie. for some reason, the heater cannot be install in the bath room - Safety??
Indeed, the overriding concern against mounting the Rinnai REU-8 CG Gas Water Heater in the bathroom is the risk of gas poisoning in the event of a gas leak. The low ceiling of the bathroom coupled with the cramped 1600 mm x 2600 mm floor area compound the risk.

Is City Gas safe?

City Gas is safe. Gas supplied by City Gas comprises of properties that is lighter than air therefore it dissipates into the atmosphere in the event if there is a gas leak. With good ventilation in most kitchens, City Gas is safe for usage. Unlike City Gas, the properties for bottled gas are heavier than air and will sink and accumulate at ground level when there is a leakage from the bottle.

Edited by DSA

hello ppl, pls welcome me. i just found out this forum when searching for contractors. i got a unit at 220A and is scheduled to take keys on 26June :)

hello ppl, pls welcome me. i just found out this forum when searching for contractors. i got a unit at 220A and is scheduled to take keys on 26June :)

welcome :D SERS or BE?

Indeed, the overriding concern against mounting the Rinnai REU-8 CG Gas Water Heater in the bathroom is the risk of gas poisoning in the event of a gas leak. The low ceiling of the bathroom coupled with the cramped 1600 mm x 2600 mm floor area compound the risk.

Is City Gas safe?

City Gas is safe. Gas supplied by City Gas comprises of properties that is lighter than air therefore it dissipates into the atmosphere in the event if there is a gas leak. With good ventilation in most kitchens, City Gas is safe for usage. Unlike City Gas, the properties for bottled gas are heavier than air and will sink and accumulate at ground level when there is a leakage from the bottle.

Hi, please refer to the following reply from Citygas for your info.

We refer to your enquiries on 16 Jun 08.

The gas water heater can be installed in the service yard area provided

the existing gas and water pipes are able to access to the location. The

hot water pipes in the premise will be able to link up to the gas water

heater hot water outlet, however at any 1 time only 2 hot water points

can be use.

Installation of the heater will be done during the renovation stage as

your plumber may need to know the location of the heater in order for

him to extend the water pipes.

Gas dryer installation can be done after you have move-in as long as the

gas pipe extension to the dryer position has been carried out during the

process of renovation.

We hope your enquiries have been answered, if you have further enquiries

please drop me an email. Thanks

Yours sincerely

Tan Hee Khoon

City Gas Pte Ltd(as Trustee)

Tel 67517813

Fax 67517808

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, June 16, 2008 1:55 PM

To: City_Gas_Corpcomms

Subject: Online Feedback & Enquires

This form was sent on 2008 Jun 16 01:54:16

Feedback & Enquires: Hi, we are thinking of getting the gas heater from

Citygas. Can it be installed at the service yard? Will it connect to all

the water taps for the house? When do we need to install? Before or after

the reno? Can we buy & install the dryer after some times after we stay

in the house? Will it affect the piping of the house?