Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Oh really ah. How come they called you??? You asked them to contact you previously??? *sigh* Aug/Sept timeframe no good leh, it's 7th month. How to open door then???

i know 7th lunar mth is 1st aug to 31st aug....

:)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
herbman76 - cannot connect the gas pipes all way to service yard? or to the batheroom itself?

can do like this? minimum ?

mine layout of room is different from your.

dsc00209cr2.th.jpgdsc00213zt2.th.jpgp1010647ga8.th.jpg

dsc00208zy3.th.jpg

Your layout may be a posible one in that case you may not be abt to close your service yard door. There will be pipe running from the bath room out thru the toilet small windows to have it at the service yard.

maybe your ID can advise :)

Edited by herbman76

Herbman76 - your a 5 room version? That why? cannot gas pie till service yard by any means? and in/out pipe of the water extend to service yard too? gas only can route outside the walls? can go through the walls to service yard?

Mine 4 rm, for my case I perfer the pipe to not to be distrub, anyway my Wife also dun like to see so many pipe running all over the place and we are not comfortable drilling the wall so we decided to drop

I had update pic in my postiing hope it clarify.

If you have methods to conceal the pipe then it is not a problems :)

CityGas This combo is also available at selected Home-Fix and Gain City stores:

Home-Fix stores - Marina Square (#02-248), IMM Building (#02-46), Compass Point (#B1-11), Thomson Plaza (#01-85) and HarbourFront Centre (#03-10).

Gain City stores - Choa Chu Kang Centre, Level 1; Marina Square #03-100; Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2; Towner Road Blk 102 (#01-252)

City Gas Gallery might be a good place to visit as it features 15 vendors of kitchen & home appliances:

City Gas Gallery

Add: 111 Somerset Road #01-07 Singapore Power Building S238164

Tel: 6586 8865 / 6586 8866

Email: gallery@citygas.com.sg

Operation Hours :

Monday – Friday : 8:30am to 6pm

Saturday : 8:30am to 1pm

Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays

I think anyone would need photos to have a full & complete picture of the routing issue described by herbman; it is virtually impossible to visualise the issues without photos or on-site observation. This, we have to trouble herbman.

In summary, upside of gas heater/dryer are they're cheaper to use than electric powered versions. Current City Gas tariff is 19.34¢ per kWh vs current electricity tariff of 23.88¢ per kWh - that's a 15.47% difference. The downside is the placement of the water heater and the ugly gas pipes running. Perhaps stainless pipes may alleviate the aesthetic aspect but they cost more than copper pipes. Painting the pipes might help too.

how you get pic so big have to pay subscription?

Congras!

Edited by herbman76

the HDB person just call....keys collection in Aug/Sept....so long..... :(

hi tfujiwara8

is the late key collection is for the whole block 221C?

i believe u have gotten all the documents approved right (eg. HLE)?

i managed to speak to one of the workers there over the weekend, and was informed that they will hand over blk 221c's keys to HDB on 25 jun. perhaps there's a delay bah

herbman, perhaps you would like to reflect the difficulties you face in placing the gas water heater to HDB Building Technology Department, Technology Development Section and City Gas. 6586 8854 should connect you to City Gas Mechanical Engineers.

when i was speaking to the staff of Citygas, she did asked why i wanted it remove and i told her my concern. I am sharing here for my fellow Linar Greenians to take note when considering water heater :). if the rest are ok with the piping done that way i guess it would be ok.

wow i just click on was DSA mentioned on the ORC. suddenly ORC sent 3-4 email to me introducing me on ORC. is my account being tab hee hee.

anyway for pple who like to do some feekback to Online Reporting Centre (ORC)

the HDB person just call....keys collection in Aug/Sept....so long..... :(

congras!

Edited by herbman76

how you get pic so big have to pay subscription?
ImageShack provides free image hosting. I believe you just need to %7Boption%7D image of the right size [/img ] - you've been attaching the thumbnail images which are kinda too small for a good look.

Posted on SGHotDeals on 06/15/08 at 3:45pm

Redeem an exclusive gift with your latest utility bill and win fabulous prizes at City Gas Roadshow

Saving Energy Starts at Home. Now you can enjoy the benefits of City Gas Clothes Dryer and Water Heater at just $668.

City Gas ROADSHOW 11am - 7pm, 23 to 25 June 2008, Chevron House, Raffles Place MRT Raffles Xchange Surface exit.

Join us for an afternoon of fun and games with your favourite Radio100.3 DJs Wen Hong and Li Mei.

Redeem an exclusive gift with your latest utility bill and win fabulous prizes in our lucky draw.

From 15 June to 12 July 2008. Special bundle price includes one-time installation fee of up to S$200 and GST.

First-come-first-served basis for 1st 200 customers per day.

For more information on natural or town gas energy solutions.

Hotline: 1800 555 1661. Email: gallery@citygas.com.sg

Visit http://www.citygas.com.sg for more details.

Now on to the main event: The optimal placement position of the Rinnai REU-8 CG Gas Water Heater, that I can come up with is in the Bathroom 2.

gas004mi1.th.jpg

The gas pipe will run from the source along the length of the 3300 mm wide kitchen wall

gas001fy2.th.jpg

(an T extension will run the gas pipe down to the hob) to the top edge of the bifold door to the service yard, then through a hole drilled through the frame of the bifold door and turn towards the ventilation window of Bathroom 2. Be warned that drilling through the aluminium bronze frame affects its structural integrity.

NOTE: After a review of the floor plan, this alternative routing described below is not possible because the wall chosen to be drilled is a supporting wall which is not to be drilled. Thus it's back to the routing above.

An alternative routing can done which, in my view, is slightly better: The gas pipe exits the kitchen through above the top ventilation pane,

dsc00213zt2.th.jpg

turns and go through the wall and snakes towards the ventilation window of Bathroom 2. Drilling is still required but at least it goes through a wall instead of the frame of the bifold door. Drilled holes through wall can be plastered but drilling through aluminium bronze affects its structural integrity.

gas009kl0.th.jpg

This is not the end of the problem. The gas pipe layer has to figure out how to connect the gas pipe plus the cold water inlet and hot water outlet to the gas water heater as the gas inlet, cold water inlet and hot water outlet are all located at the base of the gas water heater.

In summary, no drilling can be avoided if one were to opt for this gas water heater. Unless someone can figure out how to run a gas pipe through this white trunking plate reserved by the electricity source wire for electric water heater.

gas006ec6.th.jpg
Edited by DSA

In summary, no drilling can be avoided if one were to opt for this gas water heater. Unless someone can figure out how to run a gas pipe through this white trunking plate reserved by the electricity source wire for electric water heater.

Thank! DSA :thumbs up:

if the Heater is in the bath room, water inlet/outlet can be connected, with copper pipe and gas pipe if hole can be drill thru the top of bi fold frame of the service yard and routed thru the toilet's ventilation window then drill thru the wall can be avoided.

Make sure there is a power tool availble to do the drilling when Citygas's contractor come to do installations.

This could be somthing that is missing for my installation. hmmm.. anyway DSA solution is an alternative for consideration. :good:

Edited by herbman76

correct correct :yamseng:

hope so....

big orange, u in a hurry to get ur keys? dun worry. they'll call you soon! i guess mine is earlier cos my block the keys was alrdy ready on my FIRST appt at hdb!

ours is the other way round. everything is happening too fast and we wanted to take the keys later. but now bo bian. :curse:

big orange, u in a hurry to get ur keys? dun worry. they'll call you soon! i guess mine is earlier cos my block the keys was alrdy ready on my FIRST appt at hdb!

ours is the other way round. everything is happening too fast and we wanted to take the keys later. but now bo bian. :curse:

Dear Sidney, when are you collecting your keys? :)

my ideal time to get key around sept too..

can we thru a hole thru the wall and run the gas pipes throught the hole on wall?

hi all, i had went down to Rinnai showroom yesterday and saw the gas heater. Basically the lady told me it can be install at either the service yard/ kitchen but not bathroom. Not sure about the reason though. Now they are offering the heater at SGD160. Also asked about the hood and hob, it seems like we will get a better deal if we buy from their dealers. :good: Is anyone still interested in getting?

btw, big orange, you can bold my name on the list. :notti:

Dear Sidney, when are you collecting your keys? :)

hello girl! i don't have an appt to collect my keys yet. but hle & ahg are approved, so i need to get the keys before the hle expires in 3mths time, which is sept. if not must apply hle all over again.

yours? :)