Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
big orange

Bedok Central

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Linear Green neighbour,

some Lobangs

For lightings you may want to check out this warehouse located at

3 Kaki Bukit Road 2 #01-08A - Singapore 417837 of look for Ah Teck 67438605 or Tel 68440634

This warehouse is from word of mouth of my Spouse's Aunty.

1 thing for sure alot of lights!!!

There is also any interesting Sofa Shop that we come across it has a website for your consideration. the later you get your sofa it is cheaper (up to 6 mths)

hope the above is useful

Hi friends,

Personnally after looking at the Gas Heater, I find that it may not be suitable for our house configuration.

Do considerhow the pipings going to be, before buying heater for your unit

pls learn from my mistake 8|

now i am considering removing the gas heater :P maybe install in my parent place hee hee if it can be return

Hi friends,

Personnally after looking at the Gas Heater, I find that it may not be suitable for our house configuration.

Do considerhow the pipings going to be, before buying heater for your unit

pls learn from my mistake 8|

now i am considering removing the gas heater :P maybe install in my parent place hee hee if it can be return

Hi. Please explain more on not being suitable for our hse config. I am tempting to use this in my house too since it free. Why do you say that?

Anyway all, anyone got good price supplier for mirror to be install on walls? Can share contact?

TIA

Hi. Please explain more on not being suitable for our hse config. I am tempting to use this in my house too since it free. Why do you say that?

Anyway all, anyone got good price supplier for mirror to be install on walls? Can share contact?

TIA

The promotion is ended in Feb 2008 refer to my previous posting i was thinking of the convience therefore just place the order.

At first I thought that Citygas pple would had know how to connect to the bath room. however it seem like it may not be the case. My contractor called me asking if i would like it in the service yard or bath room initially. Afterwhich, he called again saying that it cant be place at the 2 locations therefore can only have it place in the kitchen. At first I was thinking that should be ok.

When I visit my unit, I was lookig at the piping I realise the inlet and outlet for the cold and warm water are only in the bath room. if i wish to connect from kitchen either i route the piping from kitchen thru the service yard then to the bath room. Alternately would be to drill 2 hole thru the wall of kitchen/toilet and have the pipe routed to the inlet/outlet. By doing this, there is a few consideration

1. there will be 2 parallel pipe on the bath room area which we felt may be unsightly.

2. I am not too comfortable with drilling thru the wall.

3. There is a pipe running from the gas inlet on the top portion which my Wife is complaining. To cover it most likely will have to do a wall cupboard (which i do not hae the intention)

However, above are my considerations. if your ID had other ways to connect perhaps you can consider the options. If you are interested i can let go at half price. i take it as paying for my lesson :rolleyes:

Hope this would be consideration for others.

Edited by herbman76

at the 1st place, why cannot be in service yard? i though can route into toilet and route to whole hse water supply?

You see.. it does not matter what heater u use, but u must attach to the correct inlet and outlet?

I still dun get it.

DSA. can explain?

Edited by big orange

CityGas Water Heater Promo is back. Gas Water Heater at S$168. City Gas Clothes Dryer and Water Heater at a special bundle price of $668. This combo is also available at selected Home-Fix and Gain City stores:

Home-Fix stores - Marina Square (#02-248), IMM Building (#02-46), Compass Point (#B1-11), Thomson Plaza (#01-85) and HarbourFront Centre (#03-10).

Gain City stores - Choa Chu Kang Centre, Level 1; Marina Square #03-100; Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2; Towner Road Blk 102 (#01-252)

City Gas Gallery might be a good place to visit as it features 15 vendors of kitchen & home appliances:

City Gas Gallery

Add: 111 Somerset Road #01-07 Singapore Power Building S238164

Tel: 6586 8865 / 6586 8866

Email: gallery@citygas.com.sg

Operation Hours :

Monday – Friday : 8:30am to 6pm

Saturday : 8:30am to 1pm

Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays

waterheateriw2.jpg

Courtesy of xlan.

I think anyone would need photos to have a full & complete picture of the routing issue described by herbman; it is virtually impossible to visualise the issues without photos or on-site observation. This, we have to trouble herbman.

In summary, upside of gas heater/dryer are they're cheaper to use than electric powered versions. Current City Gas tariff is 19.34¢ per kWh vs current electricity tariff of 23.88¢ per kWh - that's a 15.47% difference. The downside is the placement of the water heater and the ugly gas pipes running. Perhaps stainless pipes may alleviate the aesthetic aspect but they cost more than copper pipes. Painting the pipes might help too.

Edited by DSA

The Previous promotion was free water heater but it was over. Perhap for DSA case the location of the inlet.outlet slightly differs

currently the water inlets are located in the bath room.

The gas pipe comes into the kitchen it needs to be routed to the bath room

Incoming gas it will travel at the top portion of the kitchen to the opposite side

dsc00209cr2.th.jpgdsc00211rh5.th.jpgp1010647ga8.th.jpg

p1010645hp7.th.jpg

on the other side (Bath room)

diagram1a-1.jpg

The white color refers to copper pipe that would be need to connect to the water inlet/Outlet

It is not like the other other which DSA posted. when the inlet & outlet is in the kitchen. (if i guess correctly).

Therefore for the water cold inlet and hot water outlet to be connected to the water heater the shortest way is for me to drill 2 holes and do piping across. to the bathroom

know that my Wife want nice nice she not going to like the piping this way

DSA: in short, do u foresee problem faced by herbman? Do you usow e citygas? How about ways to "hide or shorten" the gas tube in service yard? TIA.

for my house the hot water inlet outlet is not inthe service yard it is in the bath room

Edited by herbman76

wow, this placement basically kills your placement of kitchen sink there.

well that gives me another reason to remove it hee hee.. learning from my mistake so sharing with pple :P, how your reno going hihihi?

well that gives me another reason to remove it hee hee.. learning from my mistake so sharing with pple :P, how your reno going hihihi?

So far so good. Now waiting for aircon and painting. Did some little work myself but that almost killed me. My new neighbour lent me his power tools, and that is really really a great help, saved me some blood, sweat and time.

So far so good. Now waiting for aircon and painting. Did some little work myself but that almost killed me. My new neighbour lent me his power tools, and that is really really a great help, saved me some blood, sweat and time.

wow you are really doing some works

Edited by herbman76

Perhap for DSA case the location of the inlet.outlet slightly differs
My unit is a 4 room version. And your kitchen looks similar! Mine is short of the free gas water heater sticker though.

The workers who rectified the cement splatter on the exterior ledge from the master bedroom inadvertently damaged the sliding windows at two spots. Sigh.... report one defect to get it rectified and incur another. Moreoever, they patched up the wall next to the bedroom 2 door, on which I don't remember reporting any defect. It's another trip to the BSC tomorrow. People, remember they cease their operations on the development handover date 16th July 2008.

Edited by DSA