Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
millienium_bear

Dryer From Citygas

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

was thinking of getting it as there isn't much sunlight in my kitchen.. should be helpful especially during rainy seaons..

I'm using it. It's very easy and convenient to use. No more worry of rain. :good:

I hate using bamboo poles as need to hang and unhang clothes. With gas dryers, I just need to throw all the washed clothes into it and take out from it when dried.

Edited by TheCube

I'm using it. It's very easy and convenient to use. No more worry of rain. :good:

I hate using bamboo poles as need to hang and unhang clothes. With gas dryers, I just need to throw all the washed clothes into it and take out from it when dried.

so i assume u always use dryer to dry up ur clothes ... will it shrink the clothes??

some experience with citygas items , just thot of sharing with u ,

u need to arrange in this order

1) call citygas n ask their technician to come down to tell u where to place the dryer / gas heater

2) make sure there is a connecting point in beams for the gas pipe to either your gas heater or gas dryer

3) if no connecting point , ask them where they will drill, if its thru aluminium door frame , when the thing come crashing down , who is liable??? that frame can be comes to 400 for replacement.

i stay in bedok central n engage their city gas - gas water heater , the end result is it will go thru my aluminium door frame n this frame can fall off.

i give up after going thru all this ordeal and decided to use instant water heater after spending 2 seperate days of 3 hrs to go thru the drama.

where to place the filter for letting out heated warm air? near the windows?

if it is placed away frm the windows, the kitchen shld be more warmer... is it true?

The warm air duct is on top of the dryer and can be turned left or right. It's advisable to install the dryer somewhere near/close to the windows and point the air duct towards to the windows.

My dryer is installed in the service balcony and the air duct is pointing towards the side windows. So I don't feel warm in the kitchen.

where to place the filter for letting out heated warm air? near the windows?

if it is placed away frm the windows, the kitchen shld be more warmer... is it true?

I've been using it for at least 3 years. Clothes will shrink or not, would depend on the material. Some clothes have instructions to indicate that they cannot be tumbled dry. If it's so, don't use the dryer.

so i assume u always use dryer to dry up ur clothes ... will it shrink the clothes??

It is not advisable to place it on top of a washing machine. The dryer vibrates during operation and might topple. The washing machine might be spoilt by the vibration of the dryer.

Is it possible to put it on the top of washing machine?

Hi All

I went to the City Gas road show yesterday at Chevron house, and my husband is veri interested in installing both the water heater and dryer.

The Cube.....am glad to read about yr review. I was kia-si with using both the GAS water heater and dryer, i nvr used b4 ma... :dancingqueen: ya, mountain gu i know :D

The Cube, did u installed the water heater as well? Is it true that PUB bill is cheaper as compared to using the electricity water heater **storage type** and dryer?

Thanks for sharing.

SarahC

Sarah C, already bought them from the roadshow?

Gas Clothes Dryer and Water Heater at a special bundle price of $668^ ONLY! (UP: $1,086) :deal:

sound good deal.. it ends on 12th July..

I want to buy them during the promotion but only intend to install them in the nov this year.

I dunne whether there will have another promotion for these products..

TheCube, u bought it at the retail price or promotional price 3 years ago?

Edited by millienium_bear

Sarah C, already bought them from the roadshow?

Gas Clothes Dryer and Water Heater at a special bundle price of $668^ ONLY! (UP: $1,086) :deal:

sound good deal.. it ends on 12th July..

I want to buy them during the promotion but only intend to install them in the nov this year.

I dunne whether there will have another promotion for these products..

TheCube, u bought it at the retail price or promotional price 3 years ago?

Hi M Bear

We've put our name down with them to lock the deal at $668. The guy was telling us they are gng to be at Marina Square, some kind of family fair leh.. maybe u can keep a lookout on tomorrow's newspaper?

It's ok to just leave yr name and locked the deal leh, that guy told us alot pple are doing tat. I told him we dun need installation until Aug/Sep and he said, got pple blocked for more than 5 months!

U confirmed wan to instal the heater and dryer ah? I still considering leh...

Anyone else also looking this combination? Pls add yr comments leh...

SarahC