Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
millienium_bear

Dryer From Citygas

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Am considering to get the special bundle package as well but heard from 1 ID that the heater will take a LONG time to heat up... Approx 15mins... How true is it??

Can anyone pls advise?

i'm using the 5l one so can't really comment on the 8l one in the promo

but hor, 8l one should be faster right?

the 5l one is instant heater i.e. switch on = water hot

it takes approximately 1 min or less for hot water to reach the MBR bathroom

coz the cold water need to be flushed out from the pipes

if take 15 min means your home must be HUGE!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

i'm using the 5l one so can't really comment on the 8l one in the promo

but hor, 8l one should be faster right?

the 5l one is instant heater i.e. switch on = water hot

it takes approximately 1 min or less for hot water to reach the MBR bathroom

coz the cold water need to be flushed out from the pipes

if take 15 min means your home must be HUGE!!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Wahahaha :D ..... My hse not big lor :notti::notti: ...... The ID say his brother is using one and from the time he start to shower til he finish, still not hot.... Dun know how true lei......

hmm that's very strange

i getting pretty hot water here

can't turn my mixer all the way to hot coz i'll scald myself :notti:

Will probably go down and take a look.... Thanks for sharing applefreak :yamseng:

Hi M Bear

We've put our name down with them to lock the deal at $668. The guy was telling us they are gng to be at Marina Square, some kind of family fair leh.. maybe u can keep a lookout on tomorrow's newspaper?

It's ok to just leave yr name and locked the deal leh, that guy told us alot pple are doing tat. I told him we dun need installation until Aug/Sep and he said, got pple blocked for more than 5 months!

U confirmed wan to instal the heater and dryer ah? I still considering leh...

Anyone else also looking this combination? Pls add yr comments leh...

SarahC

i confirmed installing the dryer but still considering whether to buy the heater..

need to know how it works and whether needs to drill holes thr' the wall to connect the pipes of the heater inside the bathroom.. am going down to the ciygas gallery this sat morning...

Edited by millienium_bear

any one knows if this 'instant heater' thingy works like a normal instant heater or like a storage heater? do we need to run hot and cold pipes or just cold piping?

must install in open area since its gas operated? i scared if i choose this then cant install in common bathroom and need to run pipes into my kitchen or something... then the thing will stick out like a sore thumb

any one knows if this 'instant heater' thingy works like a normal instant heater or like a storage heater? do we need to run hot and cold pipes or just cold piping?

must install in open area since its gas operated? i scared if i choose this then cant install in common bathroom and need to run pipes into my kitchen or something... then the thing will stick out like a sore thumb

Hi aves,

I'm also checking out all these info... tried calling them

the last few hours and no one is picking up the phone :furious::furious::furious:

Will let you know once I can get thru to them...

This city gas heater is a normal instant heater, not a storage heater. It works like a central heater providing hot water thoughout the house. For new flats, the pipes are already laid out and concealed (marked out by the red and blue tape on the wall). So all you need to do is to install the heater at a specified location (usually the kitchen or service balcony) and you will have hot water throughout the house. For old house, you will need to run the hot and cold water pipe youself, to where you want hot water. And the heater will have to be installed in an open well-ventilated space, usually the kitchen also.

And dun expect instant hot water the moment you turn on the tap cos the cold water in the pipe will have to be "pushed" out first before the hot water reaches you.

This city gas heater is a normal instant heater, not a storage heater. It works like a central heater providing hot water thoughout the house. For new flats, the pipes are already laid out and concealed (marked out by the red and blue tape on the wall). So all you need to do is to install the heater at a specified location (usually the kitchen or service balcony) and you will have hot water throughout the house. For old house, you will need to run the hot and cold water pipe youself, to where you want hot water. And the heater will have to be installed in an open well-ventilated space, usually the kitchen also.

And dun expect instant hot water the moment you turn on the tap cos the cold water in the pipe will have to be "pushed" out first before the hot water reaches you.

'normal' instant heaters usually dont require any hot/cold piping. u just adjust the temp and turn on the shower attached to it. so the citygas one is not a storage heater in the sense it does not store water but it requires hot and cold piping huh?

'normal' instant heaters usually dont require any hot/cold piping. u just adjust the temp and turn on the shower attached to it. so the citygas one is not a storage heater in the sense it does not store water but it requires hot and cold piping huh?

Mayb i should correct myself by saying this citygas heater is not a storage heater. Yes, u need pipings for this. And you dun install this in bathroom like an electric heater, but in an open ventilated place.

Mayb i should correct myself by saying this citygas heater is not a storage heater. Yes, u need pipings for this. And you dun install this in bathroom like an electric heater, but in an open ventilated place.

ok thanks for the info. will take note of this

oh i just read the specification again.. only install in the kitchen or yard.. no electricity is required and only battery operated..

yup like what TYM said, the gas heater is an instant heater

by instant, it refers to the speed of the water heating up

however, it's a central heater i.e. it supplies hot water to all the hot-water points in the unit

e.g. i have 3 hot water points - 2 bathrooms and kitchen.

the hot water pipe runs from the heater to the kitchen

and from the heater to the common bathroom to the MBR bath :yamseng: