Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Starscream

Great Singapore Sale!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Stan chart credit card holders can enjoy 25% discount for purchase at OG, seems quite a good deal, we can go there shop for household things

spend $3k on your SCB credit card and get a sony 40" lcd free

not sure of the T&C though :notti:

Haha...I also "bio-ing" at the free 40" LCD TV. Called them up to find out more. You'll have to charge at least $3000 to your SCB card during a qualifying period, then SMS your purchase details on a few specific dates. There are a total of 200 TVs to be given away (50 for each qualifying period). The 1st 50 to SMS will get the free TV. They told me it's on a first come first served basis, there's no catch. Then again, u just never know. We can easily spend $3000 on home stuff, but if they say you are the 51st to SMS, what can u say? :unsure:

They also giving away iPods and Sony digicams for those who are not successful for the free TVs.

Some details as follows :

http://www.standardchartered.com.sg/credit.../free_sony.html

Don't be mistaken, I don't work for SCB. Thus, not doing any advertising for them...just sharing here. :P

will there be any chance that we dont get anything at all? i mean those ipod,sony cams etc..

If u refer to the SCB website, it says that first 50 SMS receive the 40" TV, while the next 200 receive the iPod. So if u happen to be the 251st who SMS, then won't receive anything lor. :(

It sounds too good to be true...so dunno if it's a marketing gimmick or what. When I called, they said that all purchases count, except for interest-free installment items and bill payments.

Personally I don't like SCB. Very hard for them to followup on item.

Esp since there is this cashline which I didn't sign up yet cannot cancel unless go down to branch.....

Personally I don't like SCB. Very hard for them to followup on item.

Esp since there is this cashline which I didn't sign up yet cannot cancel unless go down to branch.....

Most of these banks are like that. They are always so quick and eager to make u apply for their credit cards but when u request to terminate, they take forever! 8|

Few years back, I had bad experience with DBS and thus requested to cancel their credit card. They took in my request but somehow the termination never happened...it's almost 5 years now. Since they are giving me waiver of the annual fees, I just let it go....really so sick of calling them again and again to ask why the card wasn't terminated.

why all the banks like that ;)

maybank ... had cancel the card but still receive statement once a while.

UOB, lost the CC , report lost and ask for replacement card. Only when I ask them is there any fee or charge then they told me .. got.. replacement fee $20 per card. 8|

DBS , lost POSB everyday card, report lost and they sent the replacement card fast. But they forget to re-link my PUB bill to the new CC number. In the end, I receive red letter from PUB , kenna fine and interest. :o

AMEX, cancel the corp card. Had some credit balance in the card. Ask they to refund and stop sending me the statement. AMEX say, it was auto generate by the system. They unable stop sending me the statement. For the refund, as it was corp card, need company letter. sigh...