Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Sheila Ong

Re-sale Vs Buying From Hdb

Hi peeps..

my appt date with hdb is on the 19th this mth.. gt a terrible queue no. from the apr 08 sector A balloting exercise.. the flats are selling like hot cakes now.. swo worried that i wun get to select anything when my turn comes.. so wondering whether i can afford to buy a re-sale flat.. hope someone can answer my questions..

if lets say the COV of the re-sale flat that i wan to buy is 10K, i just have to pay the seller 10K? or do i have to pay HDB any cash other den fees for the procedures? all the money in our cpf will be wiped out rite? so how much do we need to have in our cpf? (as in how many % of the price of the flat we're getting) cos me n hubby just started work not long.. dun have alot of cash or cpf :bangwall:

Thanks!!!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi peeps..

my appt date with hdb is on the 19th this mth.. gt a terrible queue no. from the apr 08 sector A balloting exercise.. the flats are selling like hot cakes now.. swo worried that i wun get to select anything when my turn comes.. so wondering whether i can afford to buy a re-sale flat.. hope someone can answer my questions..

if lets say the COV of the re-sale flat that i wan to buy is 10K, i just have to pay the seller 10K? or do i have to pay HDB any cash other den fees for the procedures? all the money in our cpf will be wiped out rite? so how much do we need to have in our cpf? (as in how many % of the price of the flat we're getting) cos me n hubby just started work not long.. dun have alot of cash or cpf :bangwall:

Thanks!!!

Hi,

i was told by my agent below is the payment for resale :deal:

1) 5% CASH + 5% CPF => 90% Loan (If Bank loan, interest ard 4%) :jawdrop:

2) 5% CASH + 15% CPF => 80% Loan (If Bank loan, interest ard 3.5~3.8%) also higher then HDB :(

Hi,

i was told by my agent below is the payment for resale :deal:

1) 5% CASH + 5% CPF => 90% Loan (If Bank loan, interest ard 4%) :jawdrop:

2) 5% CASH + 15% CPF => 80% Loan (If Bank loan, interest ard 3.5~3.8%) also higher then HDB :(

thanks quoo for the fast reply

but still dun quite get what u mean.. is it after the 10K for COV, still must pay 5% cash to hdb plus deduct at least 15% from cpf? :dunno: so scary!!!

or issit deduct 5% if wan to loan 90% n 15% if want to loan 80%? :dunno:

but still dun quite get what u mean.. is it after the 10K for COV, still must pay 5% cash to hdb plus deduct at least 15% from cpf? :dunno: so scary!!!

hope you can get a flat :sport-smiley-018:

nowadays the movement not stable.. someday only 1-2 units selected somedays suddenly 10 units.... however I think you still stand a chance if you dont mind lower floor.. coz many ppl dont like low floor.

good luck ! :sport-smiley-004:

According to my agent,

COV + 5% deposit => CASH ,

the bal 5% or 15% can be deducted from CPF, depending how much loan u want to take 80% or 90%

balance 80% or 90% can take loan lor..Max loan is 90%..so u must pay is

min 5% Cash + 5% CPF + COV :deal:

Hi peeps..

Thanks!!!

Since your income is less than 8k, you will be getting a 30k grant if you buy from resale market. This 30k grant plus your current cpf amount will be sufficient to pay for most deposit of the flat. You need to worry about the cash portion, which is normally the COV and agent fee and renovation fee. The rest of the admin fee can be deducted from cpf.

If you are looking for a flat through agent, ask your agent to explain it to you on your financial needs. Try to get the HDB loan, else for bank loan, it is as quoo mentioned about the portion.

IC.. now i gt a bigger prob.. my appt is abt 2 weeks away but left only abt 50 units when i last checked just now.. if lets say there's no more units for me to select when my turn comes, what will hdb do? since they already gave me a queue no. n appt date? or is it something like oh too bad try again? =(

Thats why they always ask you to check for units available before coming down.

If there are no units available then can dont bother to come down.

ic.. that's even more depressing to know.. arrgh.. so if there's nth left for us to choose, our 2 chance to select flat will not be affected rite? the new ruling is making me v confused.. thanks!!!

NO la..no unit to select..of coz ur 2 chance wont be affected.

Even if left ground floor unit & u dun 1 2 select. HDB will be ok with it.

Really? it is a case where u have got HDB unit to choose from but opted not to because at low floor, like that won't be penalized?

New Rule wef May BTO onwards

ic.. thanks for all ur replies!!! any idea when's the next balloting exercise for west areas? i'm seriously beginning to lose all hope already haiz...

juncian thanks for the encouragement.. erm or consolation? i really dunno.. hai.. before this i wasn't worried at all cos tot that if i dun mind low floors sure can get.. but apparently nw all units r being snatched up like hotcakes.. ahhhhhh.. how how how left 47 units now n the day not end yet.. 10 days more.. going to cry!!! think by this week will be sold out le.. u know when's the next balloting exercise for west areas?