Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

heya

crab and carelinwen

thanks for the info

been looking around for WCs

but no rush yet as reno hasnt started

very impressed with ur place!!

have to say it again cos u guys really put in alot of effort

wah lau. i really like ur kitchen too! sian. really regret doing top cabinet for kitchen. shuld juz go clean like u n do backsplash all de way up to de ceiling n add false ceiling. :bangwall:

now oredi sign liao. sian.

wah lau. i really like ur kitchen too! sian. really regret doing top cabinet for kitchen. shuld juz go clean like u n do backsplash all de way up to de ceiling n add false ceiling. :bangwall:

now oredi sign liao. sian.

Especially for flats like ours which have a horizontal beam along that stretch, if do top cabinet the topmost level can only have 10-15 cm depth, what can you put there? If just have one row of top cabinets then will have a ledge above that collects dust and hides lizards so I rather not have. So in the end only have at the sink area for dishes.

Nevermind, if you don't have beam above, then the extra space will be good. Me and CraB have to be disciplined to not to accumulated unnecessary things in the kitchen.

Especially for flats like ours which have a horizontal beam along that stretch, if do top cabinet the topmost level can only have 10-15 cm depth, what can you put there? If just have one row of top cabinets then will have a ledge above that collects dust and hides lizards so I rather not have. So in the end only have at the sink area for dishes.

Nevermind, if you don't have beam above, then the extra space will be good. Me and CraB have to be disciplined to not to accumulated unnecessary things in the kitchen.

oo. it was becos u have a beam dere den u did not do de top cabinet? but anyway it looks good. for mine de top is very high, cos my ceiling is like 2.9m, so de top cabinet will be very big :dancingqueen: but of cos ID charged me more too :bangwall:

but after seeing how u all did de false ceiling with de beam, found it so chio, too late :dunno:

CraB,

Nice and very classy Pergo flooring!

I am also int he process of deciding which Pergo colour to go for for my living and dining rooms. May I ask the following:

(1) What colour is your flooring?

(2) What range is it? the most expensive one (expressions) or Practic or Family (made in Malaysia)?

(3) Which dealer did you go to?

I went to Euro Floor Gallery for a quote - they quoted me $2654 for overlaying area of 540sqft - but the Malaysia-made cheapest range. Is this ok?

THANKS!

Have to thank my wife for helping to put the pricelist up......

anyway, some final pics of our home renovations.....as we are in the process of moving things, the livingroom is in a mess, so here's the pics of the kitchen first:

Basically a view of the kitchen as you step in:

Kitchenfinal1.jpg

from top left (clockwise):Rinnai oven and a "hole" for future kitchen equipment (if required), the bloodie hot Rinnai hob with its inner flame technology :good: (see inserts), Blum Aventos lift mechanism (a.k.a. Lamborghini doors by my ID :dribble: ), and everything else that is Blum.... :dribble:

Kitchenfinal2.jpg

Thats' all for now :) ....pics of living room and the other rooms to come some time next week...

You/or your ID did put some thought on how to arrange your cabinets.

Eg, Arrange pots cabinet right below the hob. Locate plate rack above the kitchen sink for easy access.

The washing machine, cloth dryer are located near the laundry hanger. Basically the "hot" and the "wet" area are well separated.

The only disadvantage is the hob is too close to the laundry area. Cooking smell might stain your laundries.

Nevertheless, the kitchen is still well design to maximize space. :good: I just hope that HDB don't carry on shrinking the flat area for new flats. :curse: