Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Fifi

The Long Wait Is Finally Here...

living area confirm have hanging lights

but dining area thinking of doing without it

but one concern is, are the downlights bright enuff?

er... dun care wat halogen lights or PLC lights. i dun understand a thing leh :P

i just want lights that are bright enuff... so which to use? :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
living area confirm have hanging lights

but dining area thinking of doing without it

but one concern is, are the downlights bright enuff?

er... dun care wat halogen lights or PLC lights. i dun understand a thing leh :P

i just want lights that are bright enuff... so which to use? :P

We did the same as what you have in mind too. Our living room have 1 main light surrounded by downlights with mixtures of PLC and halogen lights. Dinning area using PLC downlights. Foyer too.

If you just want bright enough, just go for PLC lights. They are bright enough and energy saving and if you position them in right locations and spread evenly out. Around 10 downlights should be enough for both living and dinning area including foyer for your unit. Your false ceiling design should be surrounding your main living lights.(Square/rectangular design false ceiling) For your dinning area your false ceiling should cover your whole dinning area including your foyer.

After that you have to decide whether to go for square or round downlights. Now the trend is square. And 2 tubes per downlight. Then either white or warm lights. Nowadays warm lights are not so yellow and "warm" and are energy saving too. And it creates a more cosy feeling in your house. But brightness of course cant compare with white lights. Still it does not make your living room less bright if you choose warm lights. Again it depends on what is the theme of your house.

Edited by Assassin

sounds good!! :P

hmm... we intend to have just false ceiling at the foyer and dining area. whereas the living area, we will just leave it as it is

will it look weird??

also, we include the divider at the main door, then 2 rows of downlights that we intend to have will be separated by the divider. will this look weird? :unsure:

or if i use the divider as the guide for the edge of the false ceiling as shown, will it look weird too? but then my dining and foyer area will be reduced and placing of downlights will be quite difficult...

sounds good!! :P

hmm... we intend to have just false ceiling at the foyer and dining area. whereas the living area, we will just leave it as it is

will it look weird??

also, we include the divider at the main door, then 2 rows of downlights that we intend to have will be separated by the divider. will this look weird? :unsure:

or if i use the divider as the guide for the edge of the false ceiling as shown, will it look weird too? but then my dining and foyer area will be reduced and placing of downlights will be quite difficult...

Not too sure about that. Your divider is at the entrance of your main door, serve to block direct view to living room right? Let say you leave your living room as it is without doing false ceiling, I looked at your floorplan and I think there should be 2 downlights at the foyer leading to your master room, one just outside your master room/common room entrance and the other outside common toilet/study room. Can cut down to 1 if you think is too much. 2 downlights also needed for the foyer one just after main door entrance and then bomb shelter entrance. And 3 more downlights, 2 at your so-called dinning area and the other one just before turning to living room from the study room(which means there will be 3 downlights in 1 straight line from foyer of your master room entrance to the point before turning to living room)

Btw I think I make a mistake. 10 downlights may not be enough if you include your living room. I forgot I have mixtures of PLC and halogen downlights. Though I have less than 10 PLC and halogen downlights and in total downlights they are more than 10 :P

Edited by Assassin

got it...

seems like if i add in a L box at the living area, it will be easier to design my downlights location and the living area will be brighter too... hmm...

some ideas i have for my lightings...

not sure if it will be bright enuff at the dining area (area outside kitchen)

brown rectangle is the divider and white circles are the downlights.

CIMG1386-design1.jpg

oh... some changes to the lighting plan

in the end we just put 8 plc lights for the entire false ceiling area, with a spotlight (if we want to) shining at the wall just beside the divider

there is no plc lights just at the entrance of the main door

instead we intend to put a nice table lamp at the cabinet top to provide just some light if needed

no dining lights coz we didnt wanna restrict the dining area :)

I think SP Power will be veri happy to have u as their customer. :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004:

Just Kidding me ever worse than u, but now we burn more candles,,,, Romantic... :P

Edited by Cantona7

thanks for the comments, guys!!

final plan is different from original's :lol:

we decided to just have the downlights at the dining area and forgo the part at the living area :)

there will be 8 downlights at the dining area, operated 4 downlights by each switch

the reason for the need of so many downlights is that they will serve as the main lightings for the house. we will not have any dining lights so that the dining area will not be fixed :)

some updates after long disappearing act :lol:

Lighting Points:

n736379498_725864_4113.jpg

Service yard:

n736379498_725866_5476.jpg

Kitchen Cabinet base:

n736379498_725888_4042.jpg

Washer base:

n736379498_725889_5103.jpg

Completed wall tiles @ service yard:

n736379498_725890_5730.jpg

False ceiling:

n736379498_725892_6948.jpg

Air con trunking **** room:

n736379498_725899_8913.jpg

At bedroom:

n736379498_725901_457.jpg

At MBR:

n736379498_725902_1107.jpg

find that the aircon trunking is done pretty well :)

Painting @ MBR:

n736379498_748008_2592.jpg

Another bedroom:

n736379498_748009_3290.jpg

Study room:

n736379498_748011_4567.jpg

Living room:

n736379498_748029_403-1.jpg

n736379498_748030_1066-1.jpg

Completed washer base:

n736379498_748044_6490.jpg