Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
typhoonz

Water Heaters

Hi, interested to find out which water heater brand do you recommend?

Saw the Panasonic (DH-3BB2S) and might be getting this. Haven't find out about the price yet though. Will be waiting for the rest of the electronics appliances to fill up my list then one shot I'll ask. Might be able to get a discount too...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My personal preference is Joven. The internal mechanisms look well thought out. Also got highest (rated) flowrate.

They also make storage heater.

mine was a cheap one bought from Poh Joo...less than $100 if i remember correctly...think the brand is champagne or something

Cheap is okie but so far okie?

Elmark. They also makes water heater besides fan.

Elmark? I didn't know that... How much was it?

My personal preference is Joven. The internal mechanisms look well thought out. Also got highest (rated) flowrate.

They also make storage heater.

Flow rate also depends on your house right? I'm staying on the 25th floor and flow rate is so so. My neighbour who stays on the 10th told me that his flow rate is rather powerful. I would suppose so due to the gravity...

Hi all,

The sales man say that storage water is more hungry for electricity, is it true?

Saw an article by NEA a few weeks ago..

Saying that instant heaters can save electricity than storage heaters...

I think many people will be quite surprising...me too!

By the way, I installed Alpha storage tank...quite a unknown brand...recommend by the sales staff at exel asia...

He said this brand is quite established in Malaysia and quite commonly used....10 yrs warranty for water leakage...

Whether what he say is correct...time will tell..hahahaha~

Edited by crazygirl48

Hi all,

The sales man say that storage water is more hungry for electricity, is it true?

In terms of cumulative electricity usage, storage water heaters [sWH] would use more electricity than instant water heaters [iWH] but SWH is heating up an entire tank of water, be it 15L, 25L, 35L or even 50L. So naturally, SWH consume more electricity than IWH. Moreover, water heated by SWH is hotter than that by IWH. Surely you've experienced showering on a cold day using a IWH and had to turn the knob all the way to the hot hot zone to enjoy reasonably hot water. The heat loss is much, much more in IWH than SWH as SWH has insulation to keep the water heated hot for a day or two. So ask yourself, what are u paying SP Services for the electricity your electrical home appliances consumes - it's to produce the heat, light, sound, coolness, coldness, information, entertainment, etc.

Using a simplest heating equation,

Input = Output + Heat Loss

Electricity + Water = Hot Water + Heat Loss

You may like to try 707 but more ex.

Heard of this brand but what's the price range? I'm currently using Panasonic and it has been serving me well. Was thinking of buying back the same brand but would consider others.

How about electric storage water heater? I know there's Alpha, Amascon, Ariston, Champs, Joven, Rheem. It's another round of specifications crunching & comparison.

Don't think I'll take up a storage heater. Would prefer something smaller. :)

In terms of cumulative electricity usage, storage water heaters [sWH] would use more electricity than instant water heaters [iWH] but SWH is heating up an entire tank of water, be it 15L, 25L, 35L or even 50L. So naturally, SWH consume more electricity than IWH. Moreover, water heated by SWH is hotter than that by IWH. Surely you've experienced showering on a cold day using a IWH and had to turn the knob all the way to the hot hot zone to enjoy reasonably hot water. The heat loss is much, much more in IWH than SWH as SWH has insulation to keep the water heated hot for a day or two. So ask yourself, what are u paying SP Services for the electricity your electrical home appliances consumes - it's to produce the heat, light, sound, coolness, coldness, information, entertainment, etc.

Using a simplest heating equation,

Input = Output + Heat Loss

Electricity + Water = Hot Water + Heat Loss

so what are you using?

i intend to buy a SWH based on my needs

25L should be enough for me

dun wana waste money on 2 IWH

Me using Panasonic DH-211S currently. Eyeing on a durable storage water heater with a comprehensive leak-proofy warranty & favourable user reviews for the new house.

Elmark? I didn't know that... How much was it?

neighbour who stays on the 10th told me that his flow rate is rather powerful.

Elmark. Cost abt $80/each, bought 2. Haven't started using, and I'm those who prefer lukewarm to cold water, so I see no point in buying expensive 707 brand. If it spoils, trash it.

Water pressure u can also check outside your house that water gauge. Open to fullest.