Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi,

You can obtain Dave's contact from Intradesign website http://www.intradesign.com.sg/contacts.html

I would like to take this opportunity to share my experiences with Intradesign again. It's been > 1.5 mths since the hand-over and I have still been contacting Dave on and off for advice like colour of carpet to buy to match my house design etc. He is still as helpful and never appear impatient.

And answers to KJKJ query:

"Hi I intend to use them too but to pay 50% upfront + 50% at confirmation of carpentery is quite a big sum. There isn't any $$ to hold back in case the final work is not done properly. To those who had engaged Intradesign, did you sign any contract agreement with them that spells out their responsibilities?"

There will be a contract agreement that spells out the agreed scope of renovation that is required to be signed off. But Intra has definitely done more work and provided value-added service (PS: must be reasonable request lar) than what is clearly spelled out in the contract.

Hi All,

I am impressed by intradesign's portfolio from their website. The comments on this forum have been encouraging too. Can those whom had worked with angeline share the photos please? email - scramxr82@hotmail.com

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Hi! Jess,

Could u Pm his contact no. to me?

Hi,

You can obtain Dave's contact from Intradesign website http://www.intradesign.com.sg/contacts.html

I would like to take this opportunity to share my experiences with Intradesign again. It's been > 1.5 mths since the hand-over and I have still been contacting Dave on and off for advice like colour of carpet to buy to match my house design etc. He is still as helpful and never appear impatient.

And answers to KJKJ query:

"Hi I intend to use them too but to pay 50% upfront + 50% at confirmation of carpentery is quite a big sum. There isn't any $$ to hold back in case the final work is not done properly. To those who had engaged Intradesign, did you sign any contract agreement with them that spells out their responsibilities?"

There will be a contract agreement that spells out the agreed scope of renovation that is required to be signed off. But Intra has definitely done more work and provided value-added service (PS: must be reasonable request lar) than what is clearly spelled out in the contract.

Hi,

I engaged Dave for my house renovation that started on 25 Oct and the hand-over was on 30 Nov. We are now at the stage of the after hand-over service.

My verdict based on vivioysw's summary :

1) I am comfortable working with Dave. He is not fake like some IDs I met at Expo.

Outside of work, we can joke and talk rubbish but whenever reno work is in progress, Dave is serious and strict with his own carpenter, subcontractors (electricians, painters, plumber etc). This is exhibited from the way he responded to my feedback on things not done properly, which he immediately called up his team to fix the problems.

2) Well, for their pricing, I do not need to comment much as it's well known that Intra charges higher than others but to me, if the reno is done well, the reno process a smooth one and prompt touch up services is being provided, I do not mind paying for it.

3) I only found out my dad's house is also renovated by Intra when my dad asked me which ID is renovating my house. My dad engaged Intra when they are still located at Bedok 5+ years ago. I never asked my dad which ID he has engaged during that time but he only mentioned to me that this ID is recommended by his neighbours. What a coincidence right! My dad's house still look good and the reno done gave a "lasting look". My parents also commented that Intra service is good.

4) I rely 100% on Dave for the design. I merely tell him what type of material I like and the result looks very nice.

5) Dave is someone who focuses on the major things and for minor touch up stuffs, he will treat it with lower priority but will get it done eventually. But as home owners we want all problems, be it big or small, to be fixed at same time and quickly. Hence there must be a mutual understanding on this part.

6) I have experienced this since 30 Nov and Dave never fail to answer my calls on the touch up required.

Decision Making Process : Good reviews about Dave from this forum! And coincidentally, my dad's house is also renovated by Intra which I found out by chance.

Hi! Jess,

Could u Pm his contact no. to me?

Hi I intend to use them too but to pay 50% upfront + 50% at confirmation of carpentery is quite a big sum. There isn't any $$ to hold back in case the final work is not done properly. To those who had engaged Intradesign, did you sign any contract agreement with them that spells out their responsibilities?

Hi Jol27,

Orientation takes place before the start of the renovation. Purpose is to let us, the owner, have a better understanding of how and where the work will be done.

As for the payment, initial 50% will be paid on the commencement of the renovation and remaining 50% will be paid upon the confirmation of the carpentry material.

I see.. Thx a lot!!

Hi everyone! Read that Dave is adopting payment method as follows: the 50% payment at orientation, 50% payment at completion of carpentry works.

What does "orientation" means?

Hi Jol27,

Orientation takes place before the start of the renovation. Purpose is to let us, the owner, have a better understanding of how and where the work will be done.

As for the payment, initial 50% will be paid on the commencement of the renovation and remaining 50% will be paid upon the confirmation of the carpentry material.

Hi everyone! Read that Dave is adopting payment method as follows: the 50% payment at orientation, 50% payment at completion of carpentry works.

What does "orientation" means?

quite of bit of work.

kitchen overhaul.

both toilets

false ceiling everywhere exclude kitchen

alot of capentery work

cost around 55k. price doesnt include fixtures as well as re-wiring

ya, mine too. Its a bit too much for me.

:(

I would have hired Angeline to do up my place but now have to defer as have some medical issues with a family member. The reno will be put on hold for 12-months.

Having spoken and corresponded with Angeline, I found her service to be prompt and efficient. She actually listens to what I want and quotes accordingly. I changed my mind 3 times on specs and she amended / altered the quote accordingly without any fuss.

When it's time to revisit the reno issue, I be sure to look her up again.

Edited by JCase

It has been almost 6 months since Dave finished renovating my flat. On and off I have been calling him to help me fix up some minor defects and make some not so minor changes. And, I have no regrets engaging him as my ID. He no doubts talks a bit like Ah Beng but he is a guy whom you can trust. He keeps his promises. He never let me down whenever I called him for help after I have made all the payment. The quality of his work is superb. I dare not comment on the price he quoted because I didn't ask around before I gave him the job.

My reno experience with Intra:

Overall FIRST RENO Experience (Just in case you fall asleep reading this so I give summary first) :

1) One needs to be comfortable working with your ID even though you do not really know him or her as he or she look Ah Beng/Lian.

2) One must be comfortable with the pricely price and payment plans as it is not the usual practice.

3) Reliability of reno is important even though the initial reno looks pretty.

4) Beauty of reno depends heavily on your own preference and design sense with some guidance from ID. Recommendations from ID helps a lot too but might not suit you. Your preference will suit you but might not turn out well.

5) One must be able to communicate in a common understanding (what is important or minor at each stage of reno).

6) After hand-over service is important.

Hi,

I engaged Dave for my house renovation that started on 25 Oct and the hand-over was on 30 Nov. We are now at the stage of the after hand-over service.

My verdict based on vivioysw's summary :

1) I am comfortable working with Dave. He is not fake like some IDs I met at Expo.

Outside of work, we can joke and talk rubbish but whenever reno work is in progress, Dave is serious and strict with his own carpenter, subcontractors (electricians, painters, plumber etc). This is exhibited from the way he responded to my feedback on things not done properly, which he immediately called up his team to fix the problems.

2) Well, for their pricing, I do not need to comment much as it's well known that Intra charges higher than others but to me, if the reno is done well, the reno process a smooth one and prompt touch up services is being provided, I do not mind paying for it.

3) I only found out my dad's house is also renovated by Intra when my dad asked me which ID is renovating my house. My dad engaged Intra when they are still located at Bedok 5+ years ago. I never asked my dad which ID he has engaged during that time but he only mentioned to me that this ID is recommended by his neighbours. What a coincidence right! My dad's house still look good and the reno done gave a "lasting look". My parents also commented that Intra service is good.

4) I rely 100% on Dave for the design. I merely tell him what type of material I like and the result looks very nice.

5) Dave is someone who focuses on the major things and for minor touch up stuffs, he will treat it with lower priority but will get it done eventually. But as home owners we want all problems, be it big or small, to be fixed at same time and quickly. Hence there must be a mutual understanding on this part.

6) I have experienced this since 30 Nov and Dave never fail to answer my calls on the touch up required.

Decision Making Process : Good reviews about Dave from this forum! And coincidentally, my dad's house is also renovated by Intra which I found out by chance.

My reno experience with Intra:

Overall FIRST RENO Experience (Just in case you fall asleep reading this so I give summary first) :

1) One needs to be comfortable working with your ID even though you do not really know him or her as he or she look Ah Beng/Lian.

2) One must be comfortable with the pricely price and payment plans as it is not the usual practice.

3) Reliability of reno is important even though the initial reno looks pretty.

4) Beauty of reno depends heavily on your own preference and design sense with some guidance from ID. Recommendations from ID helps a lot too but might not suit you. Your preference will suit you but might not turn out well.

5) One must be able to communicate in a common understanding (what is important or minor at each stage of reno).

6) After hand-over service is important.

My verdict :

1) I am comfortable working with this ID. Main thing is can communicate.

2) My dad paid the bulk so he grumbled a BIT.

3) I haven tested this but I hope it will be good based on this thread.

4) My selection turn out well in 1 area and his suggestion works fantastic in the other. There is 1 mistake that turn out bad (selection done by family). I am happy that it was rectified @ Intra's cost. I am grateful.

5) Something are cracked, loosen, dirtied along the way and not fixed yet. However the overall schedule are met. Major things are done nicely. Overall aesthetics looks good.

6) I am looking forward to a good service so this means I have not tried it.

The boring details :

ID : Dave Chan

HDB Ownership : My family of 5 (owner is not me)

HDB Type : 4 room flat BTO

Decision Making Process : Good review from colleague and relative. Did not meet the ID in person but my family is ok to go with this ID even the quote is NOT economical (cheap lah).

Items done :

1) Kitchen : Cabinets, 1 Light, 1 Glass Door

2) Service Yard : Window grill

3) Living Room : Wall Length shoe cabiner & storage, False ceilling for whole of living room, TV feature wall (Wall was hacked), 8 lights, KTV laminate n handle on front door

4) Corridor : 2 lightings

5) Common Bathroom : Mirror, toilet fittings. install heater, KTV laminate door

6) Bedroom 1 : Wall length wardrobe, 1 fixed study desk, KTV laminate door n handle

7) Bedroom 2 : Wall length wardrobe, KTV laminate door n handle

8) Master Bedroom : Window latch laminate, Wall length wardrobe, study desk, KTV laminate door n handle

9) Master Bathroom : Storage cabinet, Mirror, shower screen with door, KTV laminate door n handle

10) Painting : All walls are clamshell. All ceilings are white. Shelter door are painted black to match the rest of the door.

Hey Jeff,

Sorry to hear that you have an unpleasant experience with them.

True that they are VERY busy but its becoz they are so popular. Last time i had to wait almost a month to even meet Dave (who i requested for). Also, the lack or curt replies etc. I think a lot of ppl might be put off with that, but i wasn't. In the end, though they are so busy, once they agree to do your project, they commit fully to it, thus why they are so busy.

The 50% thing he told me right from the start and also i read on the forums b4 i went so i knew. To me it is ok becoz if i dun trust my ID then i just dun want to work with them even with a lower deposit.

It has been almost 3 years since they did up my home, all this while i have been very satisfied with the workmanship and durability of the things they did. Dave's words, though i did not agree at that time, i find are more and more true the longer i stay.

I feel that getting along with your ID is a very important thing becoz of the communication to what your needs are etc. So if you don't feel comfortable, like DSC bro said, better to get someone else.

Try not to let this get to you la, have a good reno bro! :)

Edited by Sharpion