Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Yes but I believe it's their standard practice. The quotation is based on scope of work that you have given to them. She will then include other things in the quote as part of her design i.e. feature walls etc.

Actually her quote isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Some items missing of course like Besglas dorrs for the toilets, change of room doors and sliding or glass swing door for the kitchen.

Hi, I am new to this forum just wanted to share my experience working with Dave from Intradesign.

We selected Dave only after we had some bad experiences with our initial selected ID, after sharing with him our bad encounters and what we want to do with our existing house, he came out with the proposed design, layout and quotation within a very short period. Dave is a very practical man and he walk the talk. For example, the previous ID claimed he can complete the renovation within 4 weeks or less but Dave told us that was not possible as there were plenty of jobs required to be done and he required at least 6 weeks.

He do listened to our requests but many a time he would gave sound advices which we accepted and appreciated his upfront effort. On his payment terms, some find it hard to accept, this applied to us too but after much communication with him we finally accepted.

Our renovation completed about one and half month ago and I am happy about the whole project. Quality work that is what I want to say, of course there are some minor issues which I have no problem with it and Dave will get his man to come over to fix it. Dave is pretty good in colour selection, he is adventurous and dare to try new concept. He chose a black theme for us and of course initially we were very reluctant but with the colour combinations in the end my HDB flat looks like a condo.

Finally, about his personality, haha! to be frank he is a nice guy, a little loud, a little "beng" a little show-off carrying his I-Pad, on the whole his is someone you can trust for what had promised. He even come out his own pocket money to help me with some storage issues which was beyond my expectation and I really appreciate.

Wanted to share this long time ago but due to time constraint, I delayed till today. Thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi,

I read alot of good comments on intradesign so we decide to approach Angeline. She emailed us the quotation without meeting up for discussion. Did you all have the same experience?

Yes but I believe it's their standard practice. The quotation is based on scope of work that you have given to them.

Edited by JCase

Hi Sheryl278,

We have also just gotten our key at River VIsta. Now sourcing for ID to reno our new home, we are keen to chose Intra DEsign. Care to share with us more photo of your new flat? HOw is the workmanship of their carpentary items? Thanks!!

Hi babymelody,

welcome to RV! you've got PM! :D

cheers,

Finally, our carpentries are completed! Thanks to Dave's team of efficient workers, often working through the nights!

Just to share the laminates Dave recommended in our living room. We wanted a black classy theme, but was quite worried having full black laminates would be dull and dark BUT it turned out V nice! Dave's advice to contrast the laminates with varying textures indeed works! We love them and are very pleased with the end result! :)

Here's a set of the laminates chosen... the squarish lami is our fave!

img0978w.jpg

Here's the view of our living taken from our shoe cabinet's lobang. Hehe

p1030391u.jpg

next up is the final touches, and waiting for furnitures and electrical to be moved in! ... :D

Hi Sheryl278,

We have also just gotten our key at River VIsta. Now sourcing for ID to reno our new home, we are keen to chose Intra DEsign. Care to share with us more photo of your new flat? HOw is the workmanship of their carpentary items? Thanks!!

Hi Shalost,

I do not know in "terms" what material I have chosen for my flat. I could only say for the price that I have paid comparing to my friends, whom hv done their reno done by others, it is really worth it. I guess you will need to see to make comparison.

Hi Jack,

Dave's contact: http://www.intradesign.com.sg/contacts.html

Lots of people who used Intra Design have good comments on their material usage.

So ,how good is good with regards to their materials used to justify the difference of say, 10K from their nearest competitor ? What kind of materials are they using compared to their competitors ?

Can anyone advise ?

Workmanship and customer service is subjective, which i have no comments.

Cheers

Finally, our carpentries are completed! Thanks to Dave's team of efficient workers, often working through the nights!

Just to share the laminates Dave recommended in our living room. We wanted a black classy theme, but was quite worried having full black laminates would be dull and dark BUT it turned out V nice! Dave's advice to contrast the laminates with varying textures indeed works! We love them and are very pleased with the end result! :)

img0978w.jpg

p1030391u.jpg

next up is the final touches, and waiting for furnitures and electrical to be moved in! ... :D

Hi Sheryl278,

It is good to know someone from River Vista posting on Renotalk. I'm just got my keys and is from River Vista too.

I am currently renovating my SengKang flat.. I choose Angeline from Intradesign as she is recommended by my friend who hired her a few months ago. Although her quote came in a tad more expensive then the other designer, I am glad I chose her.

Angeline is really professional in her follow up. I enjoy the communication and discussions with her. She does not recommend any work unnecessarily and is practical in her approach.

A few times when I visited my flat unannounced to check on the progress, I found Angeline there speaking to the contractor and checking on their work.

so far, I am pleased with the service rendered by Angeline from Intra so far. If you want sanity and peace of mind, pick an established and experienced ID..

Can PM her contact to me?

Thanks in advance

Hiya peeps,

Just wanna add on to share my experience with intra! after reading the many raves from RT, my hub and i decided to go with them for our reno at River Vista @ Kallang. Btw, our ID is Dave, who impressed us with his designs and made us feel very comfortable with the right vibes! :)

Currently, we're in the midst of our reno - tiling, false ceiling, lightings done, and up next will be the carpentry works, which we've selected our laminates earlier this week! Thumbs up to dave and his workers as they are really efficient to keep the reno on track. The reno process till date has been worry-free and dave has been very responsive to our requests, and keep us updated regularly of progress.

It was fun working with dave - he is as per described in forum - er, well-styled 'beng', sometimes a bit loud, hahaha :P ...but he always try his best to accomodate our needs and gives good practical advice! although the quote exceeded our budget slightly, we did not regret going with intra! now just waiting for the final completion...excited! :rolleyes:

will keep ya posted re. our reno process! :D

cheers,

img0978w.jpg

p1030391u.jpg

Edited by sheryl278

Hi,

Now that the reno has finished for my newly TOPed Condo, I would like to share my experience working with Angeline of Intra Design for the last 3 - 4 months.

I have engaged the ID and reno services of Intra as both my wife and I are comfortable with the design ideas provided by Angeline. The quote given was not the lowest neither was it the highest.

The work involved included space planning (as I require lots of storage space), carpentry work, electrical work etc.

The overall experience has been mostly good and I would like to give a rating of 8 out of 10. The 2 marks lost were for the lack of due care for the marble and laminated flooring during the reno and the longer completion timeline.

In the end everything works out fine and most importantly, there is still a 2-year warranty provided by Intra Design!! My apologies, there will be no pics provided as i believed to each his own on the design ideas etc.

Cheers. :D

Hiya peeps,

Just wanna add on to share my experience with intra! after reading the many raves from RT, my hub and i decided to go with them for our reno at River Vista @ Kallang. Btw, our ID is Dave, who impressed us with his designs and made us feel very comfortable with the right vibes! :)

Currently, we're in the midst of our reno - tiling, false ceiling, lightings done, and up next will be the carpentry works, which we've selected our laminates earlier this week! Thumbs up to dave and his workers as they are really efficient to keep the reno on track. The reno process till date has been worry-free and dave has been very responsive to our requests, and keep us updated regularly of progress.

It was fun working with dave - he is as per described in forum - er, well-styled 'beng', sometimes a bit loud, hahaha :P ...but he always try his best to accomodate our needs and gives good practical advice! although the quote exceeded our budget slightly, we did not regret going with intra! now just waiting for the final completion...excited! :rolleyes:

will keep ya posted re. our reno process! :D

cheers,

Yeah angeline is one of my final 2 IDs engaged

She like what many mentioned here is very detailed, sincere, practical, understand the needs of a woman (wife).

However for those of you who have engaged her, i hope to hear from u guys in regards to some points.

1) her quotation is a lump sum figure, with no individual breakdown, is that an issue for u guys who have used her?

2) her pricing is certainly more compared to rest, in the regions of 10-20k, i would like to ask about her carpentry workmanship, is it really better quality wood etc?

3) wcseow, have u seen other IDs carpentry, how much difference is there? sorry to trouble u. but u seem like one of the best person that could advice me :)

lol...I hear my name..............:)

Personally....

1) Lump sum figure is something you need to be comfortable with. It more personal. Personally I am ok with it as it is easier to manage the cost of the project.

2) So far their workmanship is pretty ok. No issue for me for the past 3 years in my previous places that she renovate. Sorry, I cannot tell the quality of wood use, not familiar with that. However, normally her quote does not state the max cost of laminate/tiles etc...so u have more freedom when u select the laminates/tiles...

3) Lol.. I had experience with a couple of reno before Angeline's and I must say their work is so much better than my previous ones. It is small details like laminates joints, etc that she is aware need to consider during the design. This time round I did visit a couple of site, and overall, we still feel Angeline's works are better. My wife is especially pleased on that.

Our main satisfaction factor is that they are pretty responsible and it had been always a worry-free reno. Having said that, I would still recommend some QA checks during the reno as nobody is perfect. Things that u are not comfy with or changes u want to make, discuss it with her early and she is always open to that.

Mine has just been completed and we were satisfied. The electrical works, that we are the least comfy with previously, has improved a lot. So overall we are again a satisfied customer this time round.

Hope it help.. If u are comfortable the pricing, discuss it with her. It is easier with a budget in mind so that she can work something around it...:)