Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Did a full renovation for my 23yrs old house 2 months before CNY.

After comparing with 3 different ID firm, I decided to hand it to Angeline from Intra Design.

Price is not the only factor that I’m considering, I find her to be more professional as compare to the rest.

Of course any ID will want you to do or change as many things as possible but Angeline advised me to keep some of the item which is still in good condition and not to do things that only increase the cost without making much different. This is a plus point.

Their renovation staff are also very friendly and easy to work with. This is very important to me.

Ask the plumber for additional water tap point and kitchen drainage flushing and he just do it for me.

Also some additional request on the floor tile, carpentry & electrical works.

Finish my renovation in 1mth+.

Overall the renovation work is not totally flawless but some minor issues. Most importantly Angeline will arrange the rectification in a very short time(some on the same day or within a week).

Even till now 4 mths after my renovation, she will still help whenever there is any issue.

Edited by armskote

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi wudimax,

Woah. Dats quite a huge sum. Is it coz u did a lot of carpentry? My hb and I initially budgeted only 30k but looks like the actual Reno bill is gonna hit bout 45k (without furniture)Now jus hoping that things will go smoothly and we won't regret our decision to get Angeline as our ID. Praying hard!! ;p

Lots of pple are commenting that our Reno cost is very ex. Kinda makes us unsure if we had made the right decision. So hearing from you that u r satisfied w her service kinda comforts me. Haha thanks. ;)

Hi Clare80,

I engaged Dave to reno my HDB flat about 1 1/2 years ago. It was just some simple reno and the total cost was only $25,000.00. To Dave, ours was just a very small business.

Nevertheless, he never failed to keep his promise and I was never let down by him. He never acted in ways that made me feel that I am an unimportant customer because of my low expense on the reno. Over these 1 1/2 years, I called him a few times for problems regarding the reno and he never never failed to help me solve the problems. Of course, if he could not render the help fast he would tell me so. But he would help eventually.

I never regretted getting him to reno my place.

Irene's service is really tip top! Even though we have not signed and she think that we may not sign, she still called and follow up to see if we need help in designing since we told her we will be designing on our own and seek contractors quotation. I really felt very comfortable talking to her and she gave good advises on what we proposed. She is more like a friend now to me and I will definitely recommend friends and relative who needs a designer for their homes. I trust that she can do a good job. Thumbs up! :good:

Good for u. My experience with her was totally different. My first meetup with her was in early Dec. It was a Sat and when we reached, she was chatting with a colleague. She asked us to wait outside as she will bring us to another office area. We waited 5mins outside and finally she brought us to the other area with the showroom quite nicely done. She did not bring anything that I emailed her at all (eg my requirements that I wrote in my mail) other than my floorplan. We sat down and i explained again on my requirements. She wrote it down and that was it. Everything took just 10mins.

She was totally different from the IDs that I met at Plush Living & Summit Design. They both took about 1-2 hrs to bring me around their showroom, explained the reno process, showed me their previous designs, etc. Irene just took down my requirements, did not bother to bring me around the showroom, and ended in 10mins. Also, she said she will get back to me with her quotation in 1 week's time, however, I waited for 2 weeks before getting her reply, which was 'Hi do you think we can meetup aft new year?'

Seriously, with this kind of service, I wonder how she can continue competing with other IDs. Maybe my budget is too low for her, anyway that will be the last time I am seeing her.

Finally met up with Dave today to view the 3D drawings for our home reno. Both of us are pretty pleased with it (especially the kitchen). But the quotes came up to twice the amount of what we had budgeted for. :(

Anyway, hubby agreed to go ahead to sign the contract and we paid a deposit as well. :D

After reading so many positive comments on intradesign, I decided to send Dave an email with my floor plan and the tiles in my new 5-rm hdb flat as he was out of town. I received a call from him the very next day.

Like what the others had mentioned, he's quite funny and straight-forward. When I couldn't make up my mind on what I want, he just said in a serious tone, it is really what you need. I mean, at least it brings me back on track and get my priority right. :)

I must say he's very efficient, I received the 1st draft on tues afternoon, and got the 2nd and 3rd draft today. Now, I can't wait to get the quotation. I'll update again.

Edited by sponges

hello, sorry to reply so late due to work.

i had moved in for 1 month plus, whenever there is any choke,lighting issue, angeline had no problem to rectify the problems. with no cost involved.

the after sales servince is good and respond within few days for the issue. i spend a hefty amount reaching 65k without furnitures. i believe it is worth it, as all my frezs and relative had praises for the welldone job

Hi wudimax,

Woah. Dats quite a huge sum. Is it coz u did a lot of carpentry? My hb and I initially budgeted only 30k but looks like the actual Reno bill is gonna hit bout 45k (without furniture)Now jus hoping that things will go smoothly and we won't regret our decision to get Angeline as our ID. Praying hard!! ;p

Lots of pple are commenting that our Reno cost is very ex. Kinda makes us unsure if we had made the right decision. So hearing from you that u r satisfied w her service kinda comforts me. Haha thanks. ;)

Irene's service is really tip top! Even though we have not signed and she think that we may not sign, she still called and follow up to see if we need help in designing since we told her we will be designing on our own and seek contractors quotation. I really felt very comfortable talking to her and she gave good advises on what we proposed. She is more like a friend now to me and I will definitely recommend friends and relative who needs a designer for their homes. I trust that she can do a good job. Thumbs up! :good:

Just an update.

Met Irene for 2nd meetup to see 3D image and quotation. So far Irene has been very sincere and we really like her service. One thing to note, Intradesign is an Id firm, not contractor. So if you are someone who lacks design ideas and would like your id to design from scratch and you choose whether u like the design or not, this is the company you should be looking at. On the other hand, if you already have your own ideas in mind and would like to get an id to do what YOU want including the materials, designs etc, you should go to a contractor instead. There is also no point comparing intra's quote with a contractor's quote becos it is definitely going to be VERY different becos intra will incorporate their design ideas plus what material they think is suitable for their ideas hence the quotation will be quote purely based on that. My take is, unless you really LOVE their design, go for it and pay more.

I think Irene's design is actually very good, especially if one has totally no design ideas on mind. But for us, it is somewhat different from our expectations. We expected her to follow what we specify on our first meetup and improve on it. Irene's design is very different from what we have told her. Due to fengshui reasons (eg. certain walls we insist on full mirror left right, top to bottom), our design is quite restricted and we already know what we want exactly and most likely want her to follow exactly what we want, but that again defeats the purpose of an id already since we would be the one providing the designs and maybe some advise from her here and there. The contractors we shortlisted quoted us according to our specifications and it is much cheaper than what Irene has quoted based on her designs and specifications. Nevertheless, it is not an apple-to-apple comparison because of differences in materials, designs, services, etc. In the end after much discussion, we will mostly likely draw our own handwritten 3D design and get our contractor to do exactly what we want in terms of designs and materials. Meanwhile we will get another quote from another well recommended contractor to compare.

Edited by rachelcheng

We wanted Dave and Angeline to do our reno, but both of them were not around when we visited, so we talked to Irene, so far she appeared to be quite sincere. No impressive ideas given yet maybe due to first meetup and she hasn't digest our floorplan. We actually have our own ideas already, but we are also hoping to see if she can contribute something on our next meetup. Was told that quotation will be out in two weeks time. Hopefully it is reasonable and not way overpriced as compared to other ids. My place will TOP in Jan so no hurry yet. Meanwhile have been to Ideal House, super bad experience so it is out. M going to shortlist a few ids for comparison. Will update again:)

Edited by rachelcheng

Hi teardrop, I don't work for IntraD and have no personal relationship with them. Reason why I posted all positive comments, is because I am really satisfied and grateful to the work they have done. You might have your doubt, but I am just writing or rather telling pple what I have encountered.

I went through the whole renovation process alone, as my husband is always engaged with work. Dave really help and guide me alot in the process of the renovation. This is my first house and I was anxious to get it done not knowing there are so many details to look into. With his help and guidance, we manage to get the house ready within a month. I am residing at Cantonment Rd, Pinnacle Duxton and have a few friends staying in the same block using him as the ID as well.

My reply is not to clear doubt if I worked for them. I do not wish to tarnish their reputation by my comments.

No offense and no intention to flame, but I see that you joined since 2009, and all 26 of your posts are in this thread, with most of them offering info about Intra or jumping to their defense. Can't help feeling that this is either an Intra account or you know them personally.

Anyway I'm seeing improvements since my last post but still leaves a lot to be desired. I strongly encourage anyone who's considering an ID to talk to someone who's actually engaged their services (with pics to share), instead of just relying on comments that say good quality, good service etc.

Edit: Objectively I would say that the job was relatively well done, especially towards the last 2 weeks of work (coincidentally after my last post). It's just that the carpentry looks acceptable from far (>1m or so). If we are to scrutinize detailed workmanship, and attention to details during construction I would say I can only give an acceptable 5/10. Overall work minus the detailing would be a better 7/10

Hi teardrop1804,

I engaged Intra Design back in Year 2009. I don't agree that their qualty of work and service has deteriorate. Till date, whoever that visit my place still find my place well renovated with good carpentry. Not sure whom your ID is, but since he / she is from the same company, I don't think the quality of work will differ.

Cheers.

Edited by teardrop1804

hi all, new to this forum. i would appreciate if any of you could share good renovation contacts. Reliable and reasonable prices. Any info will help greatly

thanks