Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkpetter

The Home We've Been Looking Forward To

Hehehe I did tell you before I read your blog. Very entertaining esp the parts with your sister and your bf. Kekeke. The 2 of you make a fetching pair of sisters. :) My jaw dropped literally when I saw the photoshoot. Its very artistic & professionally done like a modelling shoot. (I wish I came across your sis's photos earlier or else I want for my PS back then)

Its the first I've heard of sink without hole actually cos I bought my Teka sink which already had a fabricated hole for the trap. So I naturally assumed all sinks come with fabricated holes in it.

I also bought the Sino Quilt stuff!! and the Super single Sino bedsheets! yay!

Ya I really :furious: talking to her...

yup she is. :) *surprised you saw* hehe

That delivery man provided BETTER service than her.. :P

Edited by BunBun

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

**Continuation of Jojo Saga**

So after her claims that the hairline scratches are part of the design, my sister calmly explained to her that we did not see the scratches when the sink was first delivered and were all satisfied with the condition. It was only after the drilling that the scratches appeared.

She then offered to let us go to her place, check the sink and self collect it.

But we don't drive and delivery is included in the sink's price so why should we have to collect it and take a cab because of that?! So I told her we can do that but we would like our taxi fare reimbursed.

She refused. Then she said we could view the sink, approve and she would drill and send the sink back to me the next day. ISN'T THAT WHAT HAPPENED AT FIRST?! We refused as we would be in for the same cycle all over again.

Anyway then JOJO insisted that she needed to call her boss. She didn't say for what reasons just that she needed to call her boss. We gave her a deadline that we wanted the sink by Wednesday as the cabinets were going to be constructed.

Then went a dozen phonecalls of her REPEATING that offer that we kept refusing...

In the end, we told her we didn't want the sink anymore. She could just refund the money and we'll buy elsewhere.

Miraculously... at 4pm today, her deliveryman appeared at our house with a good sink and a hole drilled.

GOOD RIDDANCE.

I will ALWAYS.. ALWAYS remember this JOJO from VIVA NUEVA!!!! :furious::furious::furious:

the blanco sink i had has three possible spots for the tap

they just drill at the spot closest to the centre of the two bowls

well, i'd say it's the most reasonable choice

if they asked, i'd say take that hole

it's just that it'd be nice if they ask before drilling loh :notti: :notti:

*agreed* but luckily it was a good hole. :)

Hehehe I did tell you before I read your blog. Very entertaining esp the parts with your sister and your bf. Kekeke. The 2 of you make a fetching pair of sisters. :) My jaw dropped literally when I saw the photoshoot. Its very artistic & professionally done like a modelling shoot. (I wish I came across your sis's photos earlier or else I want for my PS back then)

Its the first I've heard of sink without hole actually cos I bought my Teka sink which already had a fabricated hole for the trap. So I naturally assumed all sinks come with fabricated holes in it.

:) I am very proud of my sister's photos and kept offering to show anyone who would listen. haha the photographer is in Taiwan though he can fly to Singapore on special request. mm but it would certainly take a lot of $$$. Sigh.

I just glad the sink saga is over.

Wow!!! :unsure: what interesting 'sinking' problem... glad it is over for you.

Hmmmm.... guess going thr reno like going to school.... a roller-coaster ride.... U never know what U R gonna face/get

Just kinda of curious, since you mentioned that u & yr sibling are griown up ..... wondering Y yr family still shifting to a bigger house.

Cos in the very near future, u kids will be married and will hv yr own nest ..... yr house will be too big for yr parents .....

Sorry for being nosey..... :P

Wow!!! :unsure: what interesting 'sinking' problem... glad it is over for you.

Hmmmm.... guess going thr reno like going to school.... a roller-coaster ride.... U never know what U R gonna face/get

hi shearerkk... ye man. I certainly learnt a lot in this sinking incident. But I guess everything's going to be good now! :)

Just kinda of curious, since you mentioned that u & yr sibling are griown up ..... wondering Y yr family still shifting to a bigger house.

Cos in the very near future, u kids will be married and will hv yr own nest ..... yr house will be too big for yr parents .....

Sorry for being nosey..... :P

Hi mitlancer... :) It's alright for asking. My sister most likely will not have her own nest because she won't be in SG often and my brother has still got many years to go before moving out. If you want to know why... you need to read my blog. hahaha :)

Moreover the fourth uni will be built near the Expo within 15 min of Simei in time to come. And even if there are empty rooms then, my parents can rent them out to students. That'll be in the future but meanwhile we all want to stay there so it suits us :)

:yamseng:

Edited by pinkpetter

Hi babe, heard that your cabinets will be up today and u will be moving in on mon! that's fast! hope to see your completed house very soon ya!

I am too lazy to post on mine already, i'm moving in this sat, everything not yet settle, still quite abit of outstanding items so let;s see if jason could settle evrything by today!!

Oooo! U bought the Sino bedsheets izit? Haiz, I went yest around 7.15pm. Left not much. The quilt cover+pillow shams only left with white or ivory colour, when I prefer the milo colour. No more fitted sheets also. So in the end did not buy anything loh. But 600 threadcount at that price really good. Haiz.. Hope that these few days will have other bedsheet sales bah. Wonder will Tangs have sale again, love sheridan bedsheets. :P

my quilt set is also in ivory color, match w 1 bedsheet that we bought during the sale. u just reminded me, i think my fh nv check if its fitted or not.. :(

I also bought the Sino Quilt stuff!! and the Super single Sino bedsheets! yay!

the single bedsheets are even cheaper!

Glad ur terrible experience with Jojo is finally (and HOPEFULLY) over. Better double check n triple check the sink b4 mounting in...

Hahahah..... reading yr extended version of blog really rise a couple of degrees on my glasses :ph34r:

Anyway, nice reading the T-blogs in this forum and rise my alertness when looking for ID or contractors.

Getting my resale flat in Punggol soon ..... Hopefully by then will create a T-Blog here to share with everyone.

Hi mitlancer... :) It's alright for asking. My sister most likely will not have her own nest because she won't be in SG often and my brother has still got many years to go before moving out. If you want to know why... you need to read my blog. hahaha :)

Moreover the fourth uni will be built near the Expo within 15 min of Simei in time to come. And even if there are empty rooms then, my parents can rent them out to students. That'll be in the future but meanwhile we all want to stay there so it suits us :)

:yamseng:

Edited by mitlancer71

Hi babe, heard that your cabinets will be up today and u will be moving in on mon! that's fast! hope to see your completed house very soon ya!

I am too lazy to post on mine already, i'm moving in this sat, everything not yet settle, still quite abit of outstanding items so let;s see if jason could settle evrything by today!!

Yup!! The carpentry, plumbers, electricians, window people were ALL IN today! It was SO CRAMPED everywhere! I stayed there the whole day with my dad to answer their questions... *phew*

I'll be moving in on Monday even if the cabinets aren't done. The shower screens will come in January so we'll live without those first. no biggie. I do hope you can settle everything and move in on Sat!!

Who's Jason btw??

my quilt set is also in ivory color, match w 1 bedsheet that we bought during the sale. u just reminded me, i think my fh nv check if its fitted or not.. :(

the single bedsheets are even cheaper!

Glad ur terrible experience with Jojo is finally (and HOPEFULLY) over. Better double check n triple check the sink b4 mounting in...

YESS hehe I love my single sheets. But by the time we got there there weren't anymore fitted sheets for king and queen so my parents and sis cannot get theirs there. Sigh

Hahahah..... reading yr extended version of blog really rise a couple of degrees on my glasses :ph34r:

Anyway, nice reading the T-blogs in this forum and rise my alertness when looking for ID or contractors.

Getting my resale flat in Punggol soon ..... Hopefully by then will create a T-Blog here to share with everyone.

Hi mitlancer!! haha You really went ah? My blog has 4 years worth of nonsense. :)

Yup I really enjoy reading people's T-Blogs too! I really learnt a lot from them. hehe

Look forward to seeing yours!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

** progress update later **

:dancingqueen: So good can move in already... :)

Glad to hear that your reno is completing.

MErry christmas... :)

MmmM Moving in when some stuff are not complete. So I do hope all goes well. :)

**Shopping Updates**

Sister went shopping for a mattress. Hers is a little too soft for her and she has been suffering from insomnia and some backache... so off she went. After trying Simmons, Seal, etc.. she finally went back to King Koil (where we bought our 15 yr old mattresses).

She saw something she liked and that fit her budget. :deal: *perfect*

So the very helpful salesguy started writing the invoice... and continued by saying..

"I have a surprise for you! You will like the surprise!! You wait you wait, it's a secret, later then I show you."

So he continued writing... 1 queen sized mattress.. free mattress protector....

My sister got a bit excited thinking that she could be getting good quality bedsheets as the "surprise".

Then he said, "OK! I'm going to give you the surprise... Excited??"

And secretively he went and took this out....

24thDec01.jpg

"ARE YOU SURPRISED???"

:dancingqueen::dancingqueen::dancingqueen:

She certainly was.

--------------------------------------

On 23 Dec... we went mad at Ikea.

24thDec04.jpg

These two trolleys were joined by another rather full one later on. :)

Edited by pinkpetter

**Shopping Updates**

Sister went shopping for a mattress. Hers is a little too soft for her and she has been suffering from insomnia and some backache... so off she went. After trying Simmons, Seal, etc.. she finally went back to King Koil (where we bought our 15 yr old mattresses).

She saw something she liked and that fit her budget. :deal: *perfect*

So the very helpful salesguy started writing the invoice... and continued by saying..

"I have a surprise for you! You will like the surprise!! You wait you wait, it's a secret, later then I show you."

So he continued writing... 1 queen sized mattress.. free mattress protector....

My sister got a bit excited thinking that she could be getting good quality bedsheets as the "surprise".

Then he said, "OK! I'm going to give you the surprise... Excited??"

And secretively he went and took this out....

Wakou! The world is so unfair... Pretty gals get free gifts ... and I have to pay for it... :-S

Wakou! The world is so unfair... Pretty gals get free gifts ... and I have to pay for it... :-S

.... :dancingqueen: what a comment. :) Sister paid in full then get the Crystal Cow la. Alamak we wanted bedsheets le. MORE useful :P

yah lor...I want bedsheets leh...the crystal cow only my dad will like bah~~~ :bangwall: