Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Takky, How was your reno process so far since you've engaged with Kevin from DeFong? I've received his quotation but no time to meet him to review the details since i'm away.

Sorry for late reply. Been busy buy my house stuffs planing to move in soon. well their workmanship quite good. U can consider!

Yah he is a big guy, friendly n kind heart haha. Very glad to noe him.

Will update more pic done by him after available ya :)

Sorry for late reply. Been busy buy my house stuffs planing to move in soon. well their workmanship quite good. U can consider!

Yah he is a big guy, friendly n kind heart haha. Very glad to noe him.

Will update more pic done by him after available ya :)

Hi Takky, May i know what concept did u do for your place?

Like many, choosing an ID is the most tedious & difficult part of the renovation process. So, we start to read forums & compare quotations everywhere. Being the lazy me, I dislike spending hours of talking to an ID knowing that I might not be engaging his service but merely getting his quotation & ideas. And so, this forum comes in handy for me. After reading up a few reviews, was kind of surprised that most ppl actually meet up about 5-10 IDs for comparisons. Defong was shortlisted from one of the reviewer who actually meet up with 10 IDs. Defong was described as having a reasonable quotation compared to some other IDs. After reading up a few more reviews on Defong, we kind of got settled with Kevin from Defong even before meeting him.(Gut instinct!!) That very same day, my hubby called Kevin for an appt & he agreed to come over to my place the day after.

The very first meeting was done at our convenient time which was late evening around 8plus.He had no qualms about working late or travelling from Bedok to Jurong West. He spent more than an hour listening to what we want first & than start giving suggestions when some of our wants are nearly impossible due to space constrain. After getting all the ideas down, he promised to give us a quotation in 1-2 days. Our first meeting went smoothly because not only is he easy going, his body is a great distraction..hahahaa..

Boy, was he fast. He emailed my hubby a very detailed quotation the very next day. As the quotation was within our tight budget, we went straight ahead to make an appt to visit his showroom & to send the contract. Everyone's worry is that there would be hidden cost here & there after the work is complete. Our worries was voiced out to him & he reassured us that if no other addition request was made, there wont be any differences in the final bill. We signed the contract there & than. (One big load off..)

Will share our roller coaster journey with Kevin from Defong for the major makeover of our kitchen & 2 toilets...

It's Good night for now..(",)

Edited by wendy1979

Firslty, let's have a look at my old kitchen which I have been bearing with it for 10 years. We were only in our early 20s & our budget was kind of overstretched when we bought & renovated this house. Being naive & without any experience, we listened to his mother's recommendation of a neighbourhood contractor & went ahead with it. Being young with no experience in cooking, the kitchen wasn't our top priority & we kept it simple so that we can spurge on other things. We wanted to hack down the walls separating the service yard & kitchen to enhance the space. Before work was carried out, the contractor told us it wasn't an issue. Midway through the hacking, he informed us that the pillar in the middle of the kitchen and a kerb surrounding the service yard must remain as HDB did not approve of the hacking. He put it in a way that we had no choice but to leave it as it is. I tolerated with the ugly pillar & the very inconvenient kerb for 10 years till I meet Kevin from Defong. Below are a few of my old kitchen before the major makeover.

440930619736771710_tcQkT2rT.jpg

440930619736771707_LtK9ZFkx.jpg

440930619736771717_7WySxCfd.jpg

440930619736771718_OchCci67.jpg

Edited by wendy1979

Our kitchen all ready for the new change...:dancingqueen:

440930619736772065_t17kqEOf.jpg

This is the stubborn pillar that everyone says can't be hacked. Even my neighbours came up and asked me how did I manage to get approval to have the pillar hacked. Well, HDB did not approve of it at first either but Kevin has his resources & managed to engage a PE which gave his approval.

440930619736772072_hCYUKBJD.jpg

Day 1 ended before 12noon but he promised me that the hacking will definitely be completed tomorrow. As I am staying in the house, they will only be hacking the masterbedroom toilet after the common toilet is completed.:bath:

440930619736772073_dVtAspm2.jpg

At the end of the Day2, my hearing seems to have decreased tremediously. Not a single tile in sight!! :unsure:

440930619736772112_e5ZTtCHe.jpg

440930619736772113_GB0rUmop.jpg

Edited by wendy1979

After clearing the debris on Day3, this was left behind (my boys claimed that we have a private beach @ home..:rolleyes: ) Due to the long weekend, we had to bear with the smell & sandy home..

440930619736772132_UzQho7Sk.jpg

Our dining area all packed with cement & stuff..

440930619736772133_Vofy4bpN.jpg

Day4, I have no complains but all praise for the tilers. They are very meticulous in their work & only stopped when it's neccessary for their lunch. They are men with few words & very hardworking. In seeing them working non stop, I will always supply them coffee & snacks for tea to boost their energy level as they dont stop till almost 7pm everyday. Their only form of entertainment is this radio that accompanies them everyday.

440930619736772134_wD4o3uOG.jpg

End of Day4..

440930619736772135_GUieGiSH.jpg

End of Day7..my kitchen & common toilet tiles are all up. The kitchen looks so much bigger without the pillar & kerbs..

440930619736772136_dAAmJs77.jpg

Edited by wendy1979

Day4, I have no complains but all praise for the tilers. They are very meticulous in their work & only stopped when it's neccessary for their lunch. They are men with few words & very hardworking. In seeing them working non stop, I will always supply them coffee & snacks for tea to boost their energy level as they dont stop till almost 7pm everyday. Their only form of entertainment is this radio that accompanies them everyday.

440930619736772134_wD4o3uOG.jpg

End of Day4..

440930619736772135_GUieGiSH.jpg

End of Day7..my kitchen & common toilet tiles are all up. The kitchen looks so much bigger without the pillar & kerbs..

440930619736772136_dAAmJs77.jpg

Ur kitchen seems great, Hope to see more of it.