Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

It's been a month since I've moved into my new house, and I've finally gotten down to write a review about it. After going through multiple forums and attending various renovation exhibitions, my wife and I finally decided on engaging DeFong Interior Design, in particular Kevin. He has been portrayed as a reliable and friendly ID, and we weren't disappointed. We're very satisfied with the workmanship and after-sales service, and we've decided to post the pictures of our humble home to share with you guys. Pictures have been attached above, and our overall assessment is as follows:

What's good:

- Selection of materials: Kevin considered our budget and gave many opinions during the selection process for tiles, wall colour, etc. We were never pressurized into selecting what we didn't feel comfortable with. He was very professional, and never pushy.

- Carpentry: Very good finish

- Tiling: Very satisfied with the final product. Received many compliments from family and friends

- Delivery of house: The expected date of completion was ten weeks (Executive Apartment). The kancheong us were hoping to receive it earlier, but it wasn't up to us to decide. Nevertheless, the house was delivered on time, which is good enough for us.

- Wiring and fixtures: Close to everything was hidden, with little trunking seen. Neatly done

- Colour selection: Kevin's flare for colour matching is undeniable.

- Designing: We wanted something simple, and got a beautiful house.

What's not so good:

- Minor problems (gate and glass door misalignment, toilet bowl leaking) were encountered after taking over the house. However, everything was rectified within 24-48 hours.

In essence, Kevin has exceeded my expectations. I would definitely recommend him to our friends and relatives. In fact, there were already some who asked for his contact.

Jim

It has been a busy few months and now that I finally got some time to settle down and i shall give my feedback after browsing so much of Renotalk. I hope this can serve as another reference for people who are still having a headache on who to engage for their id/contractors for their home.

To start with, I began my research by gathering quotations based on my renovation requirements from about 6 or 7 contractors. My main concerns were on whether the contractors are GST registered as I am not keen to pay for GST, and also whether the contractors are trustworthy and of cos not forgetting the quality of work.

Incidentally, I began to look through the posts in this forum and found Defong. So I decided to send them an email for quotation and almost immediately I got an email reply from Kevin.

We arranged for an appointment to see their works and also to discuss the renovation details and get a rough quote. Comparing Defong’s quotation to the other contractors/ID, I find that they indeed offer very competitive prices. To double confirm on our decision, we requested Kevin to show us a completed project so that we can do a better assessment. After the 2nd visit, we confirmed Defong.

Be mindful he is definitely not a typical contractor who would hardsell or even offer to introduce you to any lighting/furniture/accessories shops. We did ask him if he has any recommendations for kitchen appliances, he just simply asked us to source outside as the contacts he has are more expensive. Well, we do know the fact that he will stand to gain (commission) if he was to introduce any shops to us. But he never exploit this avenue at any point of time. :sport-smiley-018:

Enough of sharing about Kevin's "personality", it is time to share about the real working experience with Kevin.

The best thing I like about Kevin is whatever problem we face with the reno, he has his means to settle the problem without us forking out any extra money which anyone of us might dread. He can do "wonders" haha. We had a bad encounter with the heaters that we bought from outside merchant. The installation was done by the merchant and the pipping/wiring was badly done. :no: So we approached Kevin for help. Without much hesitation, he did "wonders" and got his men to remove and refix the heaters for us!! Superb!!

We will definitely give a thumb ups to Kevin for his advice and work. Being a rather indecisive couple, he patiently explained to us why some things can be done and why some things should not be done. He gave us ample time to make decisions. When choosing our laminates we took almost like 3 hours to come to a decision. He actually had an appointment to go to but he never once say that he needs to leave. Instead, he sat with us throughout and we even came to a point that he helped us decide on our laminate colour/design. And it turned out pretty nice. :thumbs up:

He is indeed a trustworthy and practical person! For instance, HDB provided a basin with solid surface top (in the master bedroom) which we were contemplating to remove and change to a nicer transparent "bowl" concept. A typical contractor will possibly tell you "ya you should remove and change, not nice man". Well, Kevin didnt! He gave practical advice saying that the basin is actually quite okay and we should consider using it first then change it few years down the road. We are glad that we heeded his advice.

Beside all these, Kevin is "always" there for us whenever we encounter any issues. Simply a call or message, he is super responsive to our requests and problems. Excellent! Our house only took 16 days for completion (
probably because I only op for minimum renovation work), however the quality of work is not compromised. :good:Well, I would not say that the work is good but it has definitely far exceeded our expectations.

To conclude, engaging Kevin from DeFong for my first renovation has indeed made my first renovation experience really a pleasant one. Being honest and providing good quality work are the most important traits when sourcing for contractor, Kevin is the man! If I strike 4D and purchase another home, I will definitely engage him for my next renovation LOL. Thumb ups for Kevin! !! Thank you Bro for the nice job done.

In the next few posts i shall show you a few pictures of our simple humble home done well by Kevin.

Hi all

This review is super long overdue but it is something that has been in my mind to share about Kevin from Defong. For your info, I do not know Kevin before-hand. As I was impressed by the renovation done by Kevin for my buddy’s flat, I got Kevin’s contacts and tasked him for my flat’s renovation. It turned out to be a smooth and pleasant experience liaising with him for my house. =)

I collected my keys in April 2013, confirmed Kevin as my contractor by end April and the renovation completed around Mid June 2013 (approximately 6 weeks). Pretty fast but rest assured of the quality of the work done. As I am unsure of how to upload the pictures up in this forum, you may contact Kevin @ 90611135, meet up and ask him to show you the photos of my humble nice-looking house @ Buangkok Green.

Kevin portrays more like a friend who is there to share his renovation expertise and knowledge (i.e. what colours suite your house theme, what materials are easier to maintain and where to get certain items that you want for your house). He is ever responsive in his Whatapps and usually responds real fast; unless he is either serving his customers or in his lalaland... all of us will need to rest right?

Don’t be stunned by his muscular frame... behind that is one patient and responsible guy who listens to your housing requirements and ensuring that the end product fits as per your requirement. He will contact you personally for decisions to be made yet not pressurizing you. You will be amazed at the rate of work coordinated by him as the weekly trips to our new house turned out to be surprises with bit of progress done. We will not forget the moment we saw the feature wall & TV console done. Very impressive! =D

Lastly, if you have chosen Kevin from Defong to be your contractor, please do not be alarmed at the relatively fast rate that he will be getting the payments from you. As mentioned earlier, his actions are very fast and he will need your payment to commence works to be done (i.e. getting the materials etc). That’s all folks! Hope this short post gives you the confidence and assurance on why Kevin is the right guy to handle your renovation. Cheers! =D

Hi all

This review is super long overdue but it is something that has been in my mind to share about Kevin from Defong. For your info, I do not know Kevin before-hand. As I was impressed by the renovation done by Kevin for my buddy’s flat, I got Kevin’s contacts and tasked him for my flat’s renovation. It turned out to be a smooth and pleasant experience liaising with him for my house. =)

I collected my keys in April 2013, confirmed Kevin as my contractor by end April and the renovation completed around Mid June 2013 (approximately 6 weeks). Pretty fast but rest assured of the quality of the work done. As I am unsure of how to upload the pictures up in this forum, you may contact Kevin @ 90611135, meet up and ask him to show you the photos of my humble nice-looking house @ Buangkok Green.

Kevin portrays more like a friend who is there to share his renovation expertise and knowledge (i.e. what colours suite your house theme, what materials are easier to maintain and where to get certain items that you want for your house). He is ever responsive in his Whatapps and usually responds real fast; unless he is either serving his customers or in his lalaland... all of us will need to rest right?

Don’t be stunned by his muscular frame... behind that is one patient and responsible guy who listens to your housing requirements and ensuring that the end product fits as per your requirement. He will contact you personally for decisions to be made yet not pressurizing you. You will be amazed at the rate of work coordinated by him as the weekly trips to our new house turned out to be surprises with bit of progress done. We will not forget the moment we saw the feature wall & TV console done. Very impressive! =D

Lastly, if you have chosen Kevin from Defong to be your contractor, please do not be alarmed at the relatively fast rate that he will be getting the payments from you. As mentioned earlier, his actions are very fast and he will need your payment to commence works to be done (i.e. getting the materials etc). That’s all folks! Hope this short post gives you the confidence and assurance on why Kevin is the right guy to handle your renovation. Cheers! =D

sigh

Dear fellow renovation seekers,

Both I and my wife are also one of the many fully pleased and satisfied clients of KEVIN from Defong. Just like Takaishi, we will like to share our renovation journey for our BTO (4room) at SEGAR GROVE with KEVIN as our ID.

We collected our keys on OCT 2013 and just like others, we were hunting for quotations and also looking at reviews through RENO TALK.

For the review on Kevin, we believe we need not say anything as there were lots of it in here which were “EXCELLENT”

For the quotation wise, after comparing apple to apple, Kevin’s quote was approx. 20% cheaper which stunned both me and my wife.
Therefore, we arranged a meet up with him and during the meet up, he is very patient and attentive to our requirements and is fast to respond to us on our amended quote and the renovation started officially on the 18/11/2013 and ended after approx. 5 weeks.

Renovation phase
Flooring - We used homogenous tiles for our flooring and it was nicely done up and the grouting width were small and not wide apart which has cleared our worries.

Painting - There was a small hiccup for our living room as we noticed uneven painting between two colours (red & white) along the pillar. We informed Kevin and he explained to us the reason to it. Besides the explanation through phone, he also came down and physically inspect through the painting one more time together with us. We were amazed and glad when he actually told us during the inspection, “This area is really bad and do not worry, I will ask my guys to re-paint for you all”, instead of giving us excuses. Overall, we have to say it was a good job done.

Carpentry (Feature wall & Kitchen cabinet) - Simply wonderful and awesome no complain.

Plumbing works – No complain.

Ceiling works (Simple cornices) – No complain.

Aluminium works (Window grills) – No complain.

Glass works (Tampered glass shower screen) – No complain.

Electricity works – No complain.

Washing and clearing of debris – In our quotation, it was clearly stated and agreed upon there will be two cleaning to be done only. However, during the inspection which the two cleaning has been done already, Kevin felt it was still not to his standard which both of us felt that too but did not mention to him (LOL) and thus, he told us he will ask his guys to wash again one more time with no charges incurred to us. Of course, we did not reject his offer and were more than happy to say “Thank you so much”

Summary
Getting to know Kevin and appointed him as our ID was a decision which we did not regret at all. He is a friendly and have a good sense of responability guy. Should any of you guys looking for renovation, please do consider KEVIN from Defong and do not give him a PAST as he is Patient with his client, Attentive in details, Straightforward in character and Tough in his build and I am pretty sure you will be amazed on his works, attiude towards work and of course his speed in getting the job done and a excellent one.

Lastly, please feel free to contact Kevin at 90611135 or kevin@defong.com.sg for the pictures of our renovated home and let him know the owner is JASPER from SEGAR GROVE. I will inform him to give the green light to do so. Cheers!!!

Hi Pendingkia, saw your photos in this forum, very nice! loving the design.. can share with me... how is the furnishing quality so far after 3 year? thanks in advance...

Hello everyone. My Reno was completed almost 2 months ago. 1++ month of renovation process had finally come to an end. Luckily for me, most of the stuff went smoothly. Thanks to Jeremy for the good work done. Time for me to repay him by posting my renovated pics here. For the rest of my reno process, please visit http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=29701.

Overall I would say that DeFONG provide good services, their price is also quite reasonable and good workmanship. Cheers! !! Pending pending pending smile.gif

My Kitchen
DSCF1585.jpg

DSCF1583.jpg

Common toilet
DSCF1577.jpg

Master toilet
DSCF1575.jpg

DSCF1573.jpg