Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Hi All,

For those who are planning to engage DeFong, do take note of the contract terms.

There is one term that stated as below:

"Signed agreement / contract cannot be cancelled, otherwise 15% of the total contract amount will be forfeited".

Before signing, in our mind we already know that once we signed, unlikely we will cancel it unless there is unforeseen circumstances, thus we did not really read into the above statement and kind of assumed that the above will only apply if we cancel the whole contract.

Just for your info, what that statement really mean is that even you only cancel certain items in the contract, Defong will also forfeit 15% of the amount of that item, regardless whether that material has already been ordered.

Looked through the contract (quote) from other design house, did not see this similar terms. Most is only for cancelling the full contract if there is, not for cancelling individual items.

Kind of feel cheated....but we can only blame ourselves for not going through the contract more thoroughly.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all,

Would like to share with you my ID that helped me with my renovation for my house done by Mr xxx who is a very patient, hardworking and very creative person.

In addition, he willingly to go extra by ensuring that all the renovation are nicely done and he would take pictures of the work progress due to my busy

schedule which is why I would highly recommended you all to approach him if you are finding an ID.

Being a meticulous and fickle minded person, I tend to be quite anal about small little details which is not up to my standard and frequent change of mind about the renovation of my house during the discussion, xxx is very patient, maintaining a pleasant smile and rectify the issue or suggest to be a better plan without any complains unlike the others which my friends have shared with me in the past.

Most importantly, his quotation is very reasonable and detailed compared with other contractors in the industry and he will explain in details clearly to assure you that there will be no hidden cost during the renovation period, no hard sell too! He also can be reach anytime if needed to be assist or advice in regard of renovation areas.

Cheers to 2015 with pretty nicely renovated house and happy us!

Overall, thumbs up for his efficiency and excellent service! I would definitely recommended him to my friends and relatives if they are looking for an ID.

If you are interested, you can find him at 8501xxx

Best regards

J.

Edited by leyenda

We engaged xxx from Defong for the renovation works on our resale 5 room flat.

We would like to share our experience with xxx

What we like about him

1) Offer practical advice. Good if you are not after fanciful design and is cost conscious.

2) Responsive. He responded to our complaints within the same day and arrange for reworks promptly.

3) Responsible and committed. He managed to complete the renovation within 2 months and arranged meet-ups at our convenience.

4) Flexible. We changed our mind a few times over the course of the renovations and he was able to accommodate the changes.

5) Honest. Before signing contract, he advised us to exclude items we were uncertain about from the contract to avoid penalty of 15%.

What can be improved:

1) Limited creative ideas. Function more like contractor than designer.

2) Quality of painting work is not good. Painters missed many spots and pipes painting done poorly. You have to supervise the work closely.

3) Better co-ordination and check of works done by his sub-contractors. We had cracked tiles, poor mounting of curtain rods, poor painting, small gaps along the electrical casings, scratched carpentry etc.

4) Limited sourcing of designs on gates, toilet doors etc.

5) 3D drawings were inaccurate and seems to be done on "standard template".

Overall, we are generally satisfied with the work done for the reasonable price we paid. Thanks xxx

In the end we drop this ID due to price, which we sign with another ID doing similar job but about 4-5k lesser.

However, I would still recommend defong.

Hi All,

After reading so many positive/negative reviews from different members here, I am glad that my experience with xxx is overall a pleasant one.

We would like to share some of our PROS/CONS.

PROS:

1) Very flexible. My wife and I changes our design ideas a few times but he is able to accommodate our request.

2) Provide practical advices and will not hard sell costly "design" and materials.

3) Responsible & Committed. He will always get back to us on our enquiries and requirement and will try to rectify it ASAP.

4) Honest. He will explained everything in details so there is no hidden cost.

CONS:

1) He is busy with many projects so tend to overlook on some small details.

2) Pricing can be more competitive

3) Maybe can improve on the checking of the works done by his sub contractors.

Overall I can say that Kevin did a good job and I feel safe to recommend him to my friends if necessary.

Best Regards,

Law

My husband and I would like to compliment and recommend xxx (Hp:8501xxxx) from DeFONG Reno.

We are very pleased with the quality of service Arthur provides. This quality service gave us a pleasant & worries-free experience with xxx demonstrating professionalism during the entire course of our renovation process at reasonable price.

Being a fast-paced perfectionist who daily works in senior management level, and as a personal assistant to the managing director, I must admit that I have very high expectation of everything I do, including the work of others around me, and I must say that it is not easy for me to give compliment, but xxx really deserves it.

Before renovation, we have invited a few contractors to come to our house to conduct site visit and propose their renovation ideas. xxx actions demonstrated his sincerity and readiness to take up the project which made him stands out from the rest of the contractors who mainly came down to “look” & talk emptily, without taking any measurement for doing their quotations. xxxs attitude in work made us confident enough to sign up with him, and we are glad that we have made a wise decision.

During the course of renovation (even after completion & all payment), xxx is ever responsive and prompts in the updates & in helping us. Whenever we are in doubts, xxx explains patiently and clearly. When we feedback to xxx about defects, he instantly took actions to find out the situation and react efficiently or offered remedies.

It is already the 3rd month after renovation, when we approach him, he still fulfils his duty and took the initiative to check with us if everything is ok. His relentless determination to release quality work on time & always is observed, to ensure everything is well taken care of.

Throughout the weeks of conceptualization, preparations and down to the actual execution, we felt assured, respected and valued as xxxr kept us informed & listened to us always. Everything is opened and cleared, there is nothing hidden from us. Most importantly, quality work is delivered.

We sincerely appreciate his responsiveness and the way he handle customers, despite the fact that he is busy with quite a number of projects on hand. Such service builds great working relationships, and all in all, we are delighted with his outstanding design and finished work.

We would definitely go back to him if we have our second home, and we would and are recommending xxx to all our relatives and friends, and definitely the one who is reading this right now. You would not regret in choosing him!

Hello guys, my review for Defong interior, the ID is xxx yong, recommended by my brother, who overhaul the resale whole house at 30k++ only. Bryan is a nice guy, he always help customer to save and also spend on those he feel is needy. Their contractors are all malaysian which i feel workmanship is good compare to others. Carpentry are very good also. Best of all their price are very reasonable, those item he can discount one,he will discount for you. Bryan is a very responsible guy, he will drop by ANY, i use "ANY" all sorts of activity that is on going. Even for gas installation pipe which is under citygas. Hes a very easy going person, anything also can talk. Most impt hes on the ball type. Trust me or not before bryan i have attended to almost 13 Id from different other company. Their quotation is all 27k-35k. But defong did it at 26k includes wiring. Install lots of stuff without charging.

The only problem i had is because their business is good, so my bto is abit delayed. But let me tell u guys, chinese has a belief "慢工出细货

Even Friends came to my house also ask for recommendation.

I do give them 9/10. Thumbs up bryan !

Kitchen cabinet

kjeDeh.jpg

Tv console

OzrZiC.jpg

Common room wardrobe with glass sliding door at unbelievable price.

W5Vit8.jpg

Db box change to built in mirror

Njcm3b.jpg

Sliding glass kitchen door quality good

KWVEWU.jpg

Still got more but lazy to post :)

Hi all;

I’ve been reading this forum for a while now and glad that it really provides good source of information for home renovation.

I would like to share my experience about our ID xxx Tan) from Defong Interior whom I found from this forum too.
There has been many response about him here; however this review is based on my personal experience.
I don’t have any relationship with xxx or Defong Interior, I’m not his relative nor partner.

Our renovation was during Nov – Dec 2014.

Prior to awarding the project to xxx, we have met few IDs; 8 of them in total. We turn down 4 of them after second meeting in our flat due to various reasons.
From 4 IDs that were shortlisted for discussion of the initial quotation, we turn down another 2 of them. And finally awarded the contract to Kevin.

We have exactly 2 months for our renovation work and it’s crucial to choose correct ID.
Our ID must be responsive, fast, responsible / committed, have good quality of workmanship and after sales support.
We stick to those criteria and glad we found xxx

Responsive;
xxx always response when we text or call him. If he doesn’t reply that means either he’s driving, meeting client, sleeping or in the gym. And he will always reply your call or text once he’s available. I didn’t find any difficulty to contact him prior signing the contract, during the renovation and after renovation.

Fast;
He young and fast, so it’s good if you don’t change your mind once the design is set. This can be positive for some of you and can be bad if you can’t make up your mind. We already know what we want for our renovation, so once we set on it xxx will plan his worker and do it fast. He’s very efficient.

Responsible / Committed;
This come when renovation work start, permit to work is filled, surrounding / neighborhood kept clean & tidy. He will handle all the renovation matter with various party as well (HDB, Citygas, SP, even your neighbor if required). He will make sure the project goes smooth till the end and takes care of all related matter.
You’ll have peace of mind, he handle the rest.

Quality of Workmanship;
His masonry, wetwork, plastering was very good. I’m very happy with it.
We have done a lot of carpentry work (in every room). It’s neat & clean cut. I don’t see splatter glue, scratch or dent. He can maintain his standard & quality well even though the amount of work was a lot.
Electrical work; can’t complain, all socket outlet are working, lights are working well, aircon cable, kitchen microwave & oven, water heater, all are working well.
Ethernet data cable wall plate in every room are working except one cable his men forgotten to crimp. Other than that all is perfectly fine.
Piping/plumber can be improved on the pipe routing & material selection.

Aftersales;
Two months after we move in he texted asking if everything is in good condition, I’m glad he still follow up.
Last month, we called him for small carpentry work to access aircon pipe, he came down, attend to us and support us. He follow through even it was not his problem.
Earlier this month he arrange his electrician to come down because I mention that common bathroom water heater switch contact intermittently need to press harder. His electrician check and said it’s just the spring mis-align but he decided to change the whole switch with new one and for free.

The renovation experience with xxx has been well, smooth and on-time. Will I recommend him? of course I will.

Few things to note when working with xxx;
1. Know what you want (concept, design, colour, layout, material, etc)
2. Spend time to see the progress frequently (I visit my apartment 3-4 times a week after work and on weekend), Kevin is fast so you need to be fast too to notify him if there’s anything wrong or you want to change your mind.
3. Do your survey where to get the things that you need to buy (WC, fittings, lights, hop, hood, oven, etc) so when Kevin told you to buy it you will be ready.
4. Relax, let him do his work (we manage to sneak out for a week for Bali holiday).

Enjoy your flat renovation.

Keep the good job xxx and all the best.

Regards
One Bullet One Shot

Hello all, I have just finished my reno about 3 weeks ago and same thing, I'm not in any way affiliated to Defong. My renovation process has been quite smooth and I'm preety happy with the results!

I signed up wth Defong cos I felt their quotation was on the "ok" side after comparing with other companies. Thus, decided to go ahead with them. My ID from DeFong is Dax as he's the one who sent us the quotations. Initially was hesitating cos I did not see his name in this forum, so wasnt really sure if he is the right person to do our reno. But we still decided to go ahead, at least meet him in person then we decide further.

So we met up in May at our new BTO (4Rm). Dax went through everything in the quotation with us, and explained whatever term which we did not understand. Honestly, my hubby & I had no idea what we want/what kind of concept for our house. We just wanted simple/basic and cozy. So we depended alot on Dax's guidance and his professional views. He gave alot of suggestions and helped us in cost savings as well. He would mentioned like: if you think you do not need this, then dont waste the money. Thus, he isnt pushy in his sales which I like. He would listen to wat we want and suggest alternatives if it doesnt look good.

During the renovation process, everything went quite smoothly. Dax will update us on and off abt the progress of the house via watsapp (I'm pregnant and I can't go to my new house while renovating).

Dax was very very helpful and patient throughout the reno process. One of the incident: My hubby & I bought a sink from Ikea but somehow the connector doesnt work on HDB connectors. It needed a special size which normal hardware shop doesnt sell. So Dax brought the tap to a special engineering company and found the correct size. Totally appreciate for his help! If not for him, we wouldnt have known where to get the connector. He would also patiently reply any questions that we ask.

Anyway here are the images!

Overall it's quite basic and simple. No false ceiling/no built in wardrobe etc. We're definately happy with Dax's service and all his help! No regrets engaging Defong :)

Kitchen glass door

Super Love my Pink kitchen!! Soft-closing drawers were given free by Dax :)
Service yard
Living room with platform
Built-in display cabinets beside TV console
Masterbed room's
Suspended study table

looks nice renovation... would appreciate if you can pm me how much is the cost for this type of reno... im thinking of no false ceiling also thanks

haha ya i read that post before too..erm ... basically are newbie with 1 post...

Ya, but think the pictures is a good guage too, thou if it can be rectified and they did rectified i think still ok. I cant really tell what wrong in some of the pictures too

So are you engaging them? post ur reviews here pls

Edited by chkeongtan