Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I highly recommend Kevin! he just did a major reno for my 5 rooms hdb and just handed over in Jan 2014. I have no regret to appoint him as my ID throughout my reno journey, was a pleasant one and satisfactory! Not forget to mention his prompt response, he is always reachable within few mins, even when he is driving. Opss..

Here are some photos to share. Photos speak thousand words :)

gallery_59297_8_52669.jpg

gallery_59297_8_13583.jpg

gallery_59297_8_25642.jpg

gallery_59297_8_40505.jpg

Hello all. We just engaged Defong for our house reno after reading a lot of positive reviews. :good:

But our id is not Kevin, instead it is Bryan as he was the one who sent us the quote. Found their pricing reasonable. So far, have met the entire Defong group with their boss in their small little office at City Plaza during detail discussion and signing of contractual agreement. When Bryan and his colleague, Dex (hope the spelling is correct), came over to our house, we were surprised at their honesty, like explaining why certain designs or materials that we were after would not be wise choices.. even if they can actually make huge profits should we decide to stick to our decision. So far, Bryan has been very attentive, in-detail (always highlighted to us of the small2 stuffs' pricing that can actually fall under "hidden costs" category) and very prompt too. Called him at 10pm also he picked up. LOL. At this point, we are quite happy.. but definitely crossing our fingers & toes that Defong really performs well before, during and after reno. Not just sweet talk lor.

The real work has yet to start... which would be around the end of this month. Will update as the reno progresses. :notti:

i keep hearing Defong pricing is on low side... is there anything bad about them?

say...

did not deliver as promise?

workmanship shoddy?

no prompt attention given after contract signed?

Hello all. We just engaged Defong for our house reno after reading a lot of positive reviews. :good:

But our id is not Kevin, instead it is Bryan as he was the one who sent us the quote. Found their pricing reasonable. So far, have met the entire Defong group with their boss in their small little office at City Plaza during detail discussion and signing of contractual agreement. When Bryan and his colleague, Dex (hope the spelling is correct), came over to our house, we were surprised at their honesty, like explaining why certain designs or materials that we were after would not be wise choices.. even if they can actually make huge profits should we decide to stick to our decision. So far, Bryan has been very attentive, in-detail (always highlighted to us of the small2 stuffs' pricing that can actually fall under "hidden costs" category) and very prompt too. Called him at 10pm also he picked up. LOL. At this point, we are quite happy.. but definitely crossing our fingers & toes that Defong really performs well before, during and after reno. Not just sweet talk lor.

The real work has yet to start... which would be around the end of this month. Will update as the reno progresses. :notti:

hi, where you read the good reviews?

Hi

Arthur Lim from DeFong sent me their quatation. I only intend to do the kitchen & 2 bathrooms on resale flat. After I minus the carpentry work, the price is reasonable. But so far I've only read about Jeremy, William & Kevin. Anyone knows Arthur? Or is it rude to request for Kevin instead?

Hi

Arthur Lim from DeFong sent me their quatation. I only intend to do the kitchen & 2 bathrooms on resale flat. After I minus the carpentry work, the price is reasonable. But so far I've only read about Jeremy, William & Kevin. Anyone knows Arthur? Or is it rude to request for Kevin instead?

Arthur Lim is my ID from DeFong, he also quote me reasonable pricing for my home reno and is v.helpful and accommodating =D

• Like 1

Arthur Lim is my ID from DeFong, he also quote me reasonable pricing for my home reno and is v.helpful and accommodating =D

Hi Ray. That's good to know. Have you started with your reno?

Edited by AshleyAdam

hi ray, like to know your reno experience with defong, hope u can share

whether...

- any shoddy work or failure to pick up calls,

- promise to the sky but cannot deliver

hi ray, like to know your reno experience with defong, hope u can share

whether...

- any shoddy work or failure to pick up calls,

- promise to the sky but cannot deliver

Hi there, so far prompt replies from Arthur (Defong) and their quotes are quite reasonable. But as for "promise to the sky but cannot deliver"... I cannot comment, as I have not started my reno yet! =P Hope everything goes well!

Hi there! For your info, we've just renovated our two bathrooms and installed a 7ft built in wardrobe with a 8ft plyboard behind it. This is our second time engaging with Defong Interior. The first time was with id Christopher, who is no longer with the company. The recent renovation, just bits and pieces left is with Bryan. Bryan is still a greenhorn, so a word of advice - be wary. This time round, our experience with them

is not really a good one compared to previous renovation 3 years back. The tilers really gave us a headache, doing a sloppy job. Bryan, is not pro active compared to our previous id Christopher. We'll need to chase and enquire with him regarding the materials used. For example, we ordered a laminated door for the common bathroom, if we have not asked him about the door handle, he would just have installed the door knob type, however we wanted a lever handle type.

He tainted the company, and we are having second thoughts now whether to engage them

in future.