Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

It's a good thing that my master bedroom was empty. It acts as our laundry room cum tiles storage place..haha..

Staying in the same house while undergoing renovation is no joke..You breathe in all the 2nd hand cigarette smoke, all the dust & chemicals that they use & lots of inconvenience.But, my ID made good arrangement so that we have access to the toilet & washing machine. My lungs need bird nests now..(hope my hubby sees tis..hehehee..)

440930619736772291_rSLZUwHC.jpg

440930619736772295_cHHwcS7e.jpg

440930619736772300_5ud9BJdR.jpg

Edited by wendy1979

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Day12..Having completed the common toilet, it's time to hack the master room toilet. I had forgotten to take a pic of it and only after the window man has changed the window thalow raten did I snap a pic of it. The poor colour combi was because of water leaking to my neighbour below & HDB made us change the floor tiles & toilet bowl at a very low rate thus the bad colour match cos the basin wasn't included & the floor tiles has very limited selection of colours only. Another reason is because the room has been rented out for a couple of years & only after this renov did we claim our room back!!

The hacking was fast. In just a day, everything was gone..

440930619736772349_mQaLRWpk.jpg

440930619736772383_lTWFh6Ba.jpg

Day14..the wall & floor tiles are all completed..but plumbing work will be onhold till the kitchen's up..

440930619736772385_SG7mYidu.jpg

Day20..Finally a glimpse of the outcome..The wall tiles were supposed to be white but our ID suggested black & my hubby loved the idea very much.But as the tiles were being pasted up, we were very worried that it might be too dark & will look gloomy. After the accessories were up, we love the black tiles & was glad to have agreed with the suggestion of our ID.

440930619736772392_fx6YTxKy.jpg

Our stay in condition now..

440930619736772402_Z3FgfwxX.jpg

Day16..the long awaited cabinets are up..To be frank, the workmanship is good but their attitude were not..Due to the wire basket drawers I bought are slightly bigger than the cabinets planned, the carpenter wanted to just extend the cabinets with the front pertruding more from out of the kerb but our ID insist on extending the kerb too else the final finish wont look so good with so much of cabinet protuding out..

440930619736772404_p5sDcrRd.jpg

Day19..the final product is up except for plumbing & gas..

440930619736772407_6WOMGkst.jpg

Our current stay in condition..

440930619736772430_bnLZfepM.jpg

440930619736772431_VONNCnLP.jpg

440930619736772433_nEpjw9ke.jpg

Edited by wendy1979

And finally, the conclusion of my journey with Kevin from Defong...

In a renovation, it's not about 100% perfect work. It's about how they deal with the mistakes or issues that cropped up.

Issues that crop up for my case were:

- choked drainage after a few days in the common toilet & ID was informed in the evening. Early next morning, his worker came straight to clear it. All his workers are easy going esp the hackers, tilers, electricians & plumbers. They ensure that things are done according to your preference.

- cupboard alignment in the service yard was slightly out. Carpenter came next day to rectify it but with some attitude issues & even commented on my ikea drawers as cheap & lousy stuff.

- the cupboard that he realigned, some knocks were found on the door & our ID promised to change it next week. We trusted him & have no qualms with making our full payment with him last friday.

- master room toilet has some acid stain which his workers will be coming tomorrow to rewash.

So, despite having collected his full payment, he ensures that all issues be solved & settled to your satisfaction.

He is highly recommended as being a responsible, fast reply & trustworthy ID..:yamseng:

Wow, the end results of your kitchen is nice..Totally agreed with your point. Nothing is perfect but its the ID you engaged to is most important. Its hard running up and down different ID's to get quotation.

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for posting your renovation pictures. That gave me confidence to engaged Kelvin from Defong to do up my 4-room unit.

Redo my whole kitchen, 2 toilets and some carpentry works.

Very happy with his works.

I posted some photos of my renovation at the below link. For your viewing and comments.

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=57559

Regards,

Law...

Hi all,

Seem like alot ppl using Defong as the Reno ID.

For me, i have engaged Kevin for my new house in Punggol. It took me est 1.5 months ++ for the whole reno.

Personal experience with Kevin:-

As mention by other members, he is a super friendly guy and never UNREACHABLE. He is a very fast person and always can came out the solution to rectify probelm.

Price:

I only match with few ID but i found their price is most reasonable and don't have any hidden cost.

Quality of work:

As this is my first & new house, so i cant compare at all.

But so far my wife quite satisfy the result and the colur which advised by Kevin.

Overall, everything is good & smooth and but the only bad thing is...I told Kevin i am not rush to moving in and please take his time to finish (currently living with parents).. he advised me it will take 2 - 2.5 months but iso everything complete in less than 2 months. =) haha. Which is now i have to start to pack my barang barang immediate to prepare to move in ... =)

(Sorry that i do not know how to post picture here, please email michael_cheung76@hotmail.com if wanna have a look my reno or help to upload in the forum)

Thanks

Michael

Edited by michael76

Hi All,

My Punggol unit is recently done by DeFong as well. Basically I got to know about DeFong through various feedbacks/reviews here in Renotalk. So it‘s my turn now to give a review to benefit others!

As most of us do, I did a search on reviews for contractors and IDs before my renovation. Based on the reviews by fellow forummers, DeFong is one of my shortlisted companies. I sent my quotation enquiry to all the shortlisted companies and DeFong is one of the first companies to respond. I was attended by Kevin from DeFong.

After meeting up with several IDs to discuss about the quotation, my wife and I decided to engage Kevin as our renovation ID. I must say we are glad that we made the right choice.

First of all, Kevin’s service attitude is excellent! You can easily find positive feedbacks about Kevin in Renotalk that he is friendly, approachable and responsive, etc. Well, I guess you really have to meet him in person to see that what other reviewers have described is indeed true. One thing I really want to highlight is that no matter what issues/requests you have, Kevin is always willing to rectify and cater to your needs as best as he can.

As for pricing, I feel that the prices quoted are reasonable after comparing between a few companies. Every item is explained clearly by Kevin so you do not have to worry about any hidden cost, etc.

Workmanship of his electricians, tilers and carpenters is good. We are very satisfied with the finished products. Kevin also gives great suggestions on colour matching and carpentry designs. Lastly, renovation was completed before schedule even when Kevin needs to be away for reservist.

Overall, thumbs up for his excellent service and renovation works!

Best Regards,

Jason

Dear All,

I’m so happy to be here! This means that the renovation is over and I’ve earned the right to provide feedback on the work done by my contractor. J

Like any newbie, I obtained quotations from a few IDs and after comparing the quotations, decided to engage Kelvin (HP: 9061 1135) from Defong to renovate my parent’s flat in Feb 2013, to redo the whole kitchen and the 2 toilets for the following reasons:-

a) The quotation from DeFong was one of the most reasonable with all items clearly stated and explained ; and

b) Kelvin, the Interior Designer, handling my quotation gave me the confidence that he would deliver what he promised.

The whole renovation took about 6 weeks to complete. Overall I’m very happy with the renovation work done.

Engaging Kelvin was one of the best decisions I’ve made. He is sincere, reliable, always contactable and fast in responding to any queries. Kelvin has a flair for design so provided good advice on tiles selection and design for the carpentry work.

Although there were some issues that popped up during the renovation, once the issues were highlighted to Kelvin, he was able to resolve them quickly. This has made the whole renovation journey less stressful and more pleasant for me.

My sincere thanks to Kelvin & his team for a job well done.

Best Regards

SK

As what the forumers experience here, my experience with Kevin Defong is similar.. I had a major renovation done in my unit At sembawang. What really decided to choose Kevin as my contractor is his prompt reply. End up fortunately this is Consistently through out from first quotation to the ending touch up stage.

Of course reasonably priced is the main consideration. I'm impressed by how he focused on managing my expectation ( to agreed at solutions that satisfy me more or less). And he also get things done by the timeline he promised ( provided u should expect a reasonable timeline. Eg a 4 week to complete 5-room major renovation including a certain amount of customisations is not realistic at all).

He also contributed to most of the design and selection of tiles n laminates. Turn out the final product is satisfactory at least to me( pls dont expect the magazines showroom type) Due to recently busy weeks i still have no time to organized my photos yet. Will post some to share at later date.

Things are not perfect, but as long as u let him know the concern, he will find someway to resolve it.

Hope this experience helps others who's going to Renovate..:)