Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  

aiyo why you say that?

cause the id i was supposed to meet with always have no time of me .. likwise im nt intrested already ...

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

cause the id i was supposed to meet with always have no time of me .. likwise im nt intrested already ...

who is the ID?

dun1 say lah but then im thinking should i strike the id off or get another of his cols to help me :(

Hmm perhaps you can try one of the bosses if you are still keen... William or Jeremy as mine is done by one of them :)

I had shorlisted Defong thru this forum. The quote seems reasonable but hopefully can still neg :notti:

Kelvin seems friendly and tolerance when we had requested to revise the quotes few times due to some changes.

Hi wykoh.

All the best to your ID selection. Indeed is is painful but I believe u can find ur "clickable" ID soon.

Good Luck.

I had shorlisted Defong thru this forum. The quote seems reasonable but hopefully can still neg :notti:

Kelvin seems friendly and tolerance when we had requested to revise the quotes few times due to some changes.

Hi,

I just get the revised quotation from William. He seem a friendly guy.

I had shortlisted them for my house renov.

Hmm perhaps you can try one of the bosses if you are still keen... William or Jeremy as mine is done by one of them :)

i didnt enaage them in end .. they dont seems intrested in my proj hahaaa .. one mia .. one miss out my clearly writtened requirements ..

haha ..

For fellow locals who are looking at Defong as a contractor, here's my experience with them. It took me quite a while, before I decided to go ahead and make this post.

Sealed the deal to renovate my house about 8 months back. My new house is situation in Yishun. This was after some filtering. I decided on him as he sounded sincere.

In Feb this year, renovation started.

It took Mr. J about a few days to send me the 3D drawings. Indeed, my expectations were not high, as I feel that at such a competitive pricing, I think 3D drawings would have been a plus. Indeed, if my guess is not wrong, he basically modified from existing drawings, and send me mine, claiming that he 'drew' it.

When renovation started in Feb this year, he failed to coordinate certain aspects of my renovation, such as adding extra power points. Then, in order to cut costs, minimal cardboard protection was used to protect my stuff such as walls and doors. Hence, my walls and doors sustained significant damage.

In spot checks conducted, several stuff promised were not delivered. I shall not be too specific here. Several patch up works that were supposed to be executed, were not done. faults were then concealed using carpentry works.

Renovation took about 1 month to complete major works. In Mar, I started to detect some defects in the works, and updated the coordinator in charge personally. After 5 weeks, only approx 10% of the faults were rectified, though there were constant promises that it will be rectified within 1 week.

I will update more details gradually, when the time is right.

My wife and I both agreed that, if we were to renovate our house again, this company will be not even be in out shortlist.

For readers who feel I opened this account to flame this particular company, please be aware that there's 1001 contractors in Singapore, and there's no reason why I highlight this company to write a negative review. Rather, my writeup is to alert fellow locals that, internet reviews (positive ones) can be debatable. If you are looking to engage Defong, do so at your own risk.

Learnt my lesson.

Edited by moboseller

For fellow locals who are looking at Defong as a contractor, here's my experience with them. It took me quite a while, before I decided to go ahead and make this post.

Sealed the deal to renovate my house about 8 months back. My new house is situation in Yishun. This was after some filtering. I decided on him as he sounded sincere.

In Feb this year, renovation started.

It took Mr. J about a few days to send me the 3D drawings. Indeed, my expectations were not high, as I feel that at such a competitive pricing, I think 3D drawings would have been a plus. Indeed, if my guess is not wrong, he basically modified from existing drawings, and send me mine, claiming that he 'drew' it.

When renovation started in Feb this year, he failed to coordinate certain aspects of my renovation, such as adding extra power points. Then, in order to cut costs, minimal cardboard protection was used to protect my stuff such as walls and doors. Hence, my walls and doors sustained significant damage.

In spot checks conducted, several stuff promised were not delivered. I shall not be too specific here. Several patch up works that were supposed to be executed, were not done. faults were then concealed using carpentry works.

Renovation took about 1 month to complete major works. In Mar, I started to detect some defects in the works, and updated the coordinator in charge personally. After 5 weeks, only approx 10% of the faults were rectified, though there were constant promises that it will be rectified within 1 week.

I will update more details gradually, when the time is right.

My wife and I both agreed that, if we were to renovate our house again, this company will be not even be in out shortlist.

For readers who feel I opened this account to flame this particular company, please be aware that there's 1001 contractors in Singapore, and there's no reason why I highlight this company to write a negative review. Rather, my writeup is to alert fellow locals that, internet reviews (positive ones) can be debatable. If you are looking to engage Defong, do so at your own risk.

Learnt my lesson.

You are perhaps right in your view. I do agree there are times whereby some of the things are not rectified. Maybe I am not the fussy type which I feel I can do it myself rather than to call out the contractors to do again things that ended up the same way, again. As for 3D drawing, I must say I didn't get to see a lot of those and there was once it was hand-drawn. There are of course some services it did for goodwill sake which owner does appreciated but most of the times, the customer service is severely lacking. But to be fair, some of its contractors are really not bad. I must say that for the price, it is definitely competitive.

I do know how you felt during those days. Don't know if it was fortunate or not, I did the renovation at the most minimum possible. Still able to switch things around with extra cash on hand. So not too bad for me i guess...

Cheers and be happy so all these unhappiness will just go away. Take care.

Thanks for advice.

It's fine if contractors delay, but not to the extent of giving empty promises in my view.

That's what that got my so irritated with this company.

I have also engaged defong, Id is kevin tan. So far, I have finished my tiling, shower screen, painting, false ceiling, lightings n mirror installation. Overall, I'm very satisfied with their services. Firstly, I loved kevin's 3D. It was pretty creative n suited my demands. Second, he is price negotiable, third he is upfront n will advise u on pros n cons of every item.

Workmanship remarks

Their aircon concealation was pretty superb, can't see much of the trunkings, painting colors r boldly striking but **** chio. also spotchk them a few times, n they r norm busy hacking away n doing wk..friendly stuff.

Now waiting for my feature wall n kitchen cabinet ;) haha

So far so good with this Kelvin...still doing my Yishun Flat...always ask him can remember meh? NEVER SEE HIM write down my things?Still waiting for his DISCOUNTS..