Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kksg2000

Any Feedback On Classic Design

Havent had time to post my post reno comments since I moved in. been busy with cleaning and unpacking. Now that all the work are done, guess it is a good time to give our feedback on the reno and our experience with CD. We wanted to give a fair comments and felt the way to do it would be to separate our feedback for CD and their sub cons. All feedback below are based solely on our experiences which may differ from customers to customers depending on who the sub cons are.

CD

For those who read the prevous thread would know we were very unhappy with some of the work done at our place. We brought this up to CD and as of last week, recitification work has been completed. We are happy with the recification work done and have to comment that CD's attitude during this period had been very good. We were not shown 'black or unhappy faces' during this period. Despite our frustrations, angers and complains, CD maintains a very professional attitude. They try their best to get the issues rectified. Honestly, we can feel their sincerity in trying to get things sorted out for us and we are thankful for it. Tony also let us chose the design for the replacement doors.

In term of service and good attitude, we would give them 4/5.

In term of pricing, they were somewhere in the middle based on the quotations we have received.

In term of design, can't comments as we came up with most of the design.

Sub Cons

Tiling: Ah yen did our tilings. Honest guy with good attitude. 1 incident to share, we did a rock feature wall and when he first started work on it, there were many small gaps in between the joining tiles. Hubby spoke with him and asked if he is able to minimise the gaps. He said can try and immediately redo those parts with gaps and managed to minimise all the gaps. He even managed to patch the rocks around our power socket. I will try to take a pic of this cos I think it takes skills and experience to be able to do this.

Wiring: Don did our wiring. Will not recommend him. He takes on more projects than he can handle and work is slip short.

Carpentry: Ah Hai did the carpentry work. we have this love hate thing with ah hai. In general, he produces decent work, not those bo-bo type who gets the measurement wrong. But one thing irkes us to this day is his magic marker. touching up a bit with the marker is fine but when you see so much touch up with the marker, it just drives us nuts. One thing we hope he had done for us during the reno was to pellet wrap the laminated wood pcs during the transportation to our place. This prob would have have minimise some scratches and rounded edges incurred during transportation and in turn less marker touch up. We seen a few carpenter using pellet wraps on corners of wood work during the transportation to site to prevent / minimise damages.

Plumber: we didnt get his name. a young chap. not very impressed by him. He is quite clumsy

Painter: neat and fast workers but somehow, the walls gets stained easily and when i try to wipe it with a damp cloth, the colour comes off.... is this normal?

I know some of you are asking for photos. give me a bit more time. i cannot remember which box my camera cable is in....

Edited by tea

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi TEA

Happy to hear that most of your recitifcation is done.

How about we rate CD in terms of:

1) Tiles

2) Kitchen Cabinet

3) Display Cabinet

4) Paint works

5) Window Grill

6) Toilet Vanity Top

7) Electricial works

8) etc....

Rate it in terms of 10 (best) and 1 (no eye see).

How about that?

Happy: We can do this but we need to think of a fair way to do this. We need to take into account the sub cons assigned to do our unit. Understand they have more than 1 group of sub cons for each category.

Happy: We can do this but we need to think of a fair way to do this. We need to take into account the sub cons assigned to do our unit. Understand they have more than 1 group of sub cons for each category.

Hi Tea,

Have you done your TV feature/wall with CD? I visited of one their showflats, the carpentry works especially the lamination is really badly done. When i asked Gina, she said this is due to the quality of the lamination sheet, it's not a workmanship issue... i wonder how trust is this.. any pics to show?

kk: Are you looking at the wardrode or cabinets. They are using different type of laminate for both item.

Sometime back in the previous thread, someone also did mention that the join lines of the laminate is really badly done by CD.

I do believe that ah hai workmanship is not that bad, others than the magic markers part. :(

But i think its all depend on the types of laminate that the owner chose to use :dunno: , luckily mine that i chose is ok for my kitchen cabinet.

As for rating CD workmanship, think its all boils down to which group of sub-contractors CD use.

For me, encounter a group of bad painters, but overall experiences with CD is good.

Overall rating i'll rate them 8/10, especially services level.

If i ever renovate my house again, i will sure look for CD again.

And i do recommend CD to ppl who are renovating their house, as i feel that their services standard are there.

But most important is that the owner themselves, must also click with the IDs and satisfy with CD workmanship during the visit to their show flat.

Price wise they are belonging to the low or average side. Depending on your wallet size :notti::notti:

Materials wise are also of good quality used.

Hi Tea,

Have you done your TV feature/wall with CD? I visited of one their showflats, the carpentry works especially the lamination is really badly done. When i asked Gina, she said this is due to the quality of the lamination sheet, it's not a workmanship issue... i wonder how trust is this.. any pics to show?

kksg,

my laminate for tv console and kitchen is ok. I chose from the box of laminate samples. I was complaining about the scratches at the edge of my tv console. But ah hai has replaced it for me. now it looks ok. :)

For me, what I feel proud is my blue pearl and imperial golden! And paint works also very good (done by Vince, you can see my blog for those). Window grill no problem, good!

Kitchen cabinet : Good. My mu was impress with the concrete support! Especially the middle concrete slab, lots of my neighbours wanted to do this, but too late..kekekeke See my blog.

to be continue......for the rest of the rating....

kksg,

my laminate for tv console and kitchen is ok. I chose from the box of laminate samples. I was complaining about the scratches at the edge of my tv console. But ah hai has replaced it for me. now it looks ok. :)

Hi Tea,

Can you post pic of your tv console? Thanks

Taken from the kithen

dsc01036fc.jpg

kk, your mailbox is full, so i cant reply your pm.

initially wanted to buy the soft closing from Gina for my shoe rack n vanity shelf but she gave it to me FOC. Even got ah hai to come fix it for me. :) Good service.

Edited by tea

...to be continue.....

1) About mbr and bedroom wardrobe...no problem. Good. Even have it done with a secret compartment! But they forgot to do it for my sister mbr...we just close one eye lah. Minor issue being overlook. Overall wardrobe is ok.

Rating : 8 / 10

2) Granite floor tile : Poor

Tilers (20 over yrs experiences) comment to us: "We did not inform him to seperate out the darker tones!"

What you think about this comment??

Grouting line is rough, patches still exists, a few tiles are uneven too. (cut leg feeling)

Rating : 3 / 10

....to be continue....

Edited by h4happy

For me most impressive is my tiling works done by ah yen, i would give him 9.5/10.

As i sign with CD bcos their tiling works attracted my attention.

No doubt, I have talked to ah yen, nice person, gave me new ideas for my kitchen! His work is solid!

But not Ah Seng (granite tilers), very bad!

For me most impressive is my tiling works done by ah yen, i would give him 9.5/10.

As i sign with CD bcos their tiling works attracted my attention.

...to be continue....

Another plus positive remarks by CD...

Purchased lights from Prima Lighting, cost us $4k+!!!

Too high, wanted to cancel all the order.

Gina offer to help and managed to cancel all the orders!

Thumbs up for going out to help me save $$$!

No doubt, I have talked to ah yen, nice person, gave me new ideas for my kitchen! His work is solid!

But not Ah Seng (granite tilers), very bad!

OIC, must 8|8| their granite tilers, for the bad workmanships.

Me is kana a grp of lousy painters, and all 3 bedrm have to re-paint 1 of the wall as really no eye see man. :bangwall::bangwall: when asked to touch-up the painters can still tell u: in day time u see different colors bcos of sunlight and in nite time than u wont. Me hear tis comments :bangwall::bangwall:

In the end i call gina again, and requested another painter to re-do the touch-up again.