Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
xicloudix

Any Idea How Long Have To Queue For Hdb Flats

Any idear how long a person have to queue in order to buy 3 room flats from hdb? MY previous queue number was 7XX out of 1200+++ in the last quarterly sale.

No $ to buy resale flats, coz its very EXPENSIVE!! so scary!!!

Any advise?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Any idear how long a person have to queue in order to buy 3 room flats from hdb? MY previous queue number was 7XX out of 1200+++ in the last quarterly sale.

No $ to buy resale flats, coz its very EXPENSIVE!! so scary!!!

Any advise?

thought the number is assigned randomly, doesn't mean you'll get a smaller number than last time, it's possible that you'll never get a flat...

Some ppl say the longer you queue, the smaller ur number, so now dun have this "logic" anymore???

I may have to wait forever just to wait for a flat?? OMG

i'm one of those who did not get a good queue number for almost 10 times, so i'm forced to go resale market.

is this quarterly exercise done through balloting ? or does it mean if i am the first to register, i will sure get one ? Edited by tweetie76

Wat the HDB officer told me abt the "Quarterly sales" is dat dun care u first time apply or u apply many times, the chances still the same.. Ballot by computer, so hv to see ur luck... We r quite lucky, first time queue no 130+ but no chance to select flat den 2nd time we got queue no 80+

When we go down to select flat, we only left with Yishun.. We wanted to give up our chance den the officer say if we give up and ballot again, nxt time we wun be so lucky to get a good queue no.. So we bought our Yishun 3rm flat for $130k.. :sport-smiley-018::sport-smiley-018::sport-smiley-018:

i applied for 4 room and bigger flat in sept.waiting for the balloting result.i thought hdb says that if ur first timer ur chances are very high.they will separate those who already owns a flat before from those who are first timer.

i understand its computer balloting...but usually what are the chances ? if my queue number is smaller , it means my chances are higher right. and secondlt they go by ethnic group.

can anyone help me in this......

i applied for 4 room and bigger flat in sept.waiting for the balloting result.i thought hdb says that if ur first timer ur chances are very high.they will separate those who already owns a flat before from those who are first timer.

i understand its computer balloting...but usually what are the chances ? if my queue number is smaller , it means my chances are higher right. and secondlt they go by ethnic group.

not very sure how they allocate 90% of the quota to first timers, but basically the computer will assign each applicant to one unique sequence number, so if you get a small sequence number, that means not many people are ahead of you, so when u choose, u'll have more freedom. If your sequence number is not small enough, you either have no chance to choose or your choice is very restricted by either area or ethnic group. But for the sept BE, i think there is one individual queue for each town and each type, which is different from bimonthly sales before.

:unsure:

not very sure how they allocate 90% of the quota to first timers, but basically the computer will assign each applicant to one unique sequence number, so if you get a small sequence number, that means not many people are ahead of you, so when u choose, u'll have more freedom. If your sequence number is not small enough, you either have no chance to choose or your choice is very restricted by either area or ethnic group. But for the sept BE, i think there is one individual queue for each town and each type, which is different from bimonthly sales before.

Anyone is lucky enough to get it on the first ballot ? Will going to MP ease the long wait in getting a flat ? :unsure:

Wat the HDB officer told me abt the "Quarterly sales" is dat dun care u first time apply or u apply many times, the chances still the same.. Ballot by computer, so hv to see ur luck... We r quite lucky, first time queue no 130+ but no chance to select flat den 2nd time we got queue no 80+

When we go down to select flat, we only left with Yishun.. We wanted to give up our chance den the officer say if we give up and ballot again, nxt time we wun be so lucky to get a good queue no.. So we bought our Yishun 3rm flat for $130k.. :sport-smiley-018::sport-smiley-018::sport-smiley-018:

Hi Luckable,

You are lucky to get a 3 rm from the Quaterly sales! Is your combine income ceiling lower then $3k? Why don't u go for bigger units ?

Edited by quoo

None of the people who replied you work in HDB.

None of them run the computer balloting system.

None of them designed the system.

What for you ask people who are almost as clueless as you?

First timer chances are high? Do you know how many thousands of first timer there are out there or not?

dear nesh, i think we understand that u are trying to get a rough idea from those who had been thru the balloting system and hoping to hear their replies ONLY. :>

hope no one damp ur mood.. cheer up

:unsure:

Anyone is lucky enough to get it on the first ballot ? Will going to MP ease the long wait in getting a flat ? :unsure:

Hi Luckable,

You are lucky to get a 3 rm from the Quaterly sales! Is your combine income ceiling lower then $3k? Why don't u go for bigger units ?

i gt my flat during my first ballot :wub: .. before the 90% scheme. ;)

for current scheme...

no matter when you apply .. so long before the deadline it is the same. to understand the system better ... say there is only 2 units available,

couple A supposed to have 4 chances

family B supposed to have 2 chances

couple C supposed to have 1 chance

note that the total chances = 7 even there is only 3 applications.

what the computer will do is assign 7 diff numbers to the 7 chances... and randomly pick 1 by 1.... even C only have 1 chance.. they still can the #1 if they are lucky enough !

Edited by junxian

for current scheme...

no matter when you apply .. so long before the deadline it is the same. to understand the system better ... say there is only 2 units available,

what the computer will do is assign 7 diff numbers to the 7 chances... and randomly pick 1 by 1.... even C only have 1 chance.. they still can the #1 if they are lucky enough !

What 90% scheme ? i still think this ballot system is not "open''..can be fair (if done properly) & unfair (if not done properly) why don't HDB adopt the Pri 1 Registration ballot system..we all take leave go there and witness /wait :notti:

for current scheme...

I think you got it wrong. By the number of 'chances', it doesn't mean the x no. of queue numbers will be generated. Rather, you will have four times the opportunity to get ONE queue number. Its like having four applications at one go.

Balloting is just the nicer way of naming lucky draw because it works the same. The more slips you have inside the lucky draw box, the higher the chance you will get picked. And of course if you are lucky, one slip will kana already lor, but then the next thing is whether you kana first prize or last prize lah...

I think this is fair because if we want to argue who deserve or who need to get the flat more, the reasons are endless and can argue until the cows come home.