Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
KayLan

Where To Buy Paints?

Where to buy paints for walls?

Big shops like selffix/homefix has no deal at the moment and prices are the highest

Nearby hardware shops are giving $2/3 discount for 5L cans, still costlier.

eStore having some Dulux promotion, price so far is the cheapest. But not sure whether there price including GST, how much they charge for transportation and of-course quality of their product.

Anyone having experience with eStore? specially on paints front?

Could not visit Defu as their paint shops are generally closed when I can visit them.

Any help is highly appreciated

I will update this thread later with my own experience

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Will there be a quality difference btw buying from Homefix/Selfix and neighbourhood shops? Dun think so leh, used to buy from neighbourhood shops to paint during CNY.

Transportation fee? A few cans of paint not very heavy also, cash and carry lor. Unless you buying like few hundred cans.

Hi..

I brought the paint from the eStore for my house painting around 2 months ago, using Nippon Paint odourless. I purchased both the 5L and the 20L version. You can save a bit of cost for the 20L version which I did for my ceiling. The transportation cost is $15, not sure whether that has increased. Quality wise, the 5L is the same paint I saw from paint shop, not sure of the 20L as I do not see those at the paint shop. Hope the information helps.

Where to buy paints for walls?

Big shops like selffix/homefix has no deal at the moment and prices are the highest

Nearby hardware shops are giving $2/3 discount for 5L cans, still costlier.

eStore having some Dulux promotion, price so far is the cheapest. But not sure whether there price including GST, how much they charge for transportation and of-course quality of their product.

Anyone having experience with eStore? specially on paints front?

Could not visit Defu as their paint shops are generally closed when I can visit them.

Any help is highly appreciated

I will update this thread later with my own experience

Hi..

I brought the paint from the eStore for my house painting around 2 months ago, using Nippon Paint odourless. I purchased both the 5L and the 20L version. You can save a bit of cost for the 20L version which I did for my ceiling. The transportation cost is $15, not sure whether that has increased. Quality wise, the 5L is the same paint I saw from paint shop, not sure of the 20L as I do not see those at the paint shop. Hope the information helps.

Thanks, I plan to visit eStore sometime this week. Not feeling too comfortable to buy paints online, old people; old brick & mortars mentality.

Transport is still $15.

Just a question, their price includes GST or not?

Hi,

I did the online purchase and some on the spot while collecting.. The price on the website is the price that I paid.

Thanks, I plan to visit eStore sometime this week. Not feeling too comfortable to buy paints online, old people; old brick & mortars mentality.

Transport is still $15.

Just a question, their price includes GST or not?

E-store by power J is located at Blk 1 Yishun dealing in hardware supporting the wooden furniture industry. their paint; Siem Seng paint is just next door. Compare the price and qualities.

There are 3 more hardware shop at the opposite row., #01-01 Fupizat, #01-02 and #01-23 xin huat.

At Fupizat, u can get steel angle bar, cut to size for your store room. The carriage bolts for fastening is very much cheaper than other stores. Most store sell 10 cents per set but this shop sold me $6/-per gross.

U can get plywood & cutting services at #05-33 Cher Huat but their wood is mostly china ply.

For stainless steel shower scrren rod ands/s backing for kitchen, go to #06-36.

Mirror and glass at #02-18 seng huat. Everything under one roof, so convenient.

I get my paints from Choo Lip paint at Yishun central; near to the entrance to the multi carparks. The bottled turpentine is only $1.50, the 1 litre bordelec paint is only $12/- and the 1litre varnishing paint is only $10/-.

Edited by gladyslim

E-store by power J is located at Blk 1 Yishun dealing in hardware supporting the wooden furniture industry. their paint; Siem Seng paint is just next door. Compare the price and qualities.

There are 3 more hardware shop at the opposite row., #01-01 Fupizat, #01-02 and #01-23 xin huat.

At Fupizat, u can get steel angle bar, cut to size for your store room. The carriage bolts for fastening is very much cheaper than other stores. Most store sell 10 cents per set but this shop sold me $6/-per gross.

U can get plywood & cutting services at #05-33 Cher Huat but their wood is mostly china ply.

For stainless steel shower scrren rod ands/s backing for kitchen, go to #06-36.

Mirror and glass at #02-18 seng huat. Everything under one roof, so convenient.

I get my paints from Choo Lip paint at Yishun central; near to the entrance to the multi carparks. The bottled turpentine is only $1.50, the 1 litre bordelec paint is only $12/- and the 1litre varnishing paint is only $10/-.

Thanks a ton.

I am looking for Nippon Easy Wash or Dulux Wash & Wear paints. Looking for 9 cans of 5L

So far got following best prices

1. Nippon at Hougang ave 8 showroom - $58 for 5L can, very near by my current house.

2. Dulux at Ang Mo Kio ave 3 - $56 for 5L can

3. Dulux at eStore/Power J - $50 - $60 for 5L can, based upon BASE, not sure what is base 1 and what is base 2 and so on.

Not sure whether it will be worth to go all the way to Yishun to save few dollars per can. Could not visit the Defu lane shops as their opening time is not that convenient for me.

The paint shop along AMK ave 3 should be Chye Seng paint, a shop for more than twenty years.

It carried a higher quality of paint like Nippon Auto paint and causeway paint.

I once checked regarding the price difference to those Diy shop and was told that there is a difference in quality. U see the printing on the can is different.

Choo Lip has a branch at Blk 531 Amk and Fupizat has a branch at Blk 103 Yishun but these 2 places' price are higher.

There is not much difference in terms of price. All goods are normally sold at Rcp. Trust me, I have been sourcing and buying paints and other hardwares for furniture and metalworks industry almost 20yrs.

The paint shop along AMK ave 3 should be Chye Seng paint, a shop for more than twenty years.

It carried a higher quality of paint like Nippon Auto paint and causeway paint.

I once checked regarding the price difference to those Diy shop and was told that there is a difference in quality. U see the printing on the can is different.

Choo Lip has a branch at Blk 531 Amk and Fupizat has a branch at Blk 103 Yishun but these 2 places' price are higher.

There is not much difference in terms of price. All goods are normally sold at Rcp. Trust me, I have been sourcing and buying paints and other hardwares for furniture and metalworks industry almost 20yrs.

Agree, there is not much price difference in paints... so far could not found a paint store that is selling at a huge discount.

By the way, that day, when i was painting my metal gate, my hand kerna paint and i unknowingly hold shower handle to wash my leg. Now my shower handle kerna grey paint stuck there, can use thinner or turpentine to remove? Shower handle is plastic

In industrial, thinner is often use to remove turpentine base paint but thinner 'melt' plastic.

Not sure on handle. Suggest u use turpentine to soften it and scrap if off with your finger nail.

- normal paint came off easily when applied on plastic surface.

Thanks all for your expert help.

Finally I purchased from eStore/Power J Trading at Yishun. I purchased one 20L can and five 5L cans of Nippon Easy Wash!! and few other stuffs.

Here are my observations on paints

1. Out off major 4 popular brands, Berger is the cheapest. Jotun is similarly or highly priced than Nippon and Dulux. Most popular are Nippon and Dulux, other two are very distant runner up.

2. Beside, Power J Trading, other two good good shops that I visited are Chye Seng Paints at Ang Mo Kio and Johong Hardware at Hougang. All the three shops are very patient and helpful and no way pushing for sales.

3. Visited as well as called quite a few shops beside the mentioned three but not really worth. Defu lane shops does not have ready stock or not interested for small volume.

4 What tilted the scale for Power J is, they have 20L cans, which are much cheaper, compared to four 5L cans. Otherwise also, their price are $2-3 cheaper($58 vs $55) compared to the best price available in city.

5. Finally, Power J has huge stocks of hardware stuffs, including tools. I regret, I purchased all those things earlier from different city stores. Power J can be a one stop shops for all your hardware needs. Prices are similar to city store, if not slightly cheaper. Staffs are very helpful, specially that healthy(I mean not skinny) Chinese lady. She arranged one person to push my trolley all the way to the main road!!.

6. For Power J, you need time to go all the way there and transport to carry your items. I paid $12 for a taxi ride back to Punggol. Money wise, may have saved $40 kinda but most important to me is the experience.

7. Disclaimer : I do not work for Power J, neither any of my close one remotely related to the company.

8. Now happy painting!!... pushing those kanchong painters!!!

1. Nippon at Hougang ave 8 showroom - $58 for 5L can, very near by my current house.

2. Dulux at Ang Mo Kio ave 3 - $56 for 5L can

3. Dulux at eStore/Power J - $50 - $60 for 5L can, based upon BASE, not sure what is base 1 and what is base 2 and so on.

Not sure whether it will be worth to go all the way to Yishun to save few dollars per can. Could not visit the Defu lane shops as their opening time is not that convenient for me.

Oh No.. Don't go "Nippon at Hougang ave 8 showroom". Their price is very very expensive. Bought from there before and totally regretted.

Defu Lane will be the better choice. I know there is a shop which sells Nippon paint cheap. I just remember it is along the road.

Anybody know wrought iron used what type of paint and where can we buy from?

Hardware shop that sell wrought Iron like www.kimguanhuat at AMK pk 2 and sheng li at Blk 22 Woodlands link and Diy shop or hardware shops like the one at 888 Woodlands Plaza.

One can. one litre is about $30/-

Suggest u get the less exp. type like causeway paint from Chye Seng at AMK ave 3. 1 litre is about $10/-.