Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
yapyap

Prenatal

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Congratulations! :yamseng:

for 1st timer, I would say it's definitely a MUST. It teaches u what to expect when your wife delivers and also how to handle the baby (e.g carry/feed/shake milk/bath/burp/understand/talk). If really have no time to attend, then important to get an experienced nanny for 1st mth, then u can learn from her.

the hospital that you're going to deliver your baby will conduct the class. e.g Thomson, KK... all have. Call the hospital to check up the program schedule.

if anything, it's good to set aside some time to spend with your wife and to get to know your baby

my gynae's nurse discouraged me from doing the classes coz she said it was a waste of money lol.

personal opinion is that it's a waste of money. but being first-time parents then, we thought that it would be good to attend and learn something. But after we attended, we realize we learn nothing at all...hahaha...

we went to one at Mt Alvernia and they basically teaches you the right breathing techniques when the contractions come and how to push during delivery as well as how to bath/feed/carry the baby and the right confinement food.

I personally finds some tips useful but most of the time, I'm dreaming during the classes. keke, i'm always a dreamer.

It's really a personal choice. I feel if you're opting for c-section or epidural before delivery and you're intending to get a nanny during your confinement, you can give this a miss but if you've some free time to spare, no harm going as you can chit-chat with other first-time mommies there!

So enjoy while you can as you're going to be very busy when your little one arrives! Btw, congrats!

thanks all.. i have heard various opinions and am confused now... personally, i think its a waste of time but i thought its good to show wifey im supportive at this period..

So.. I think i will just let me wife decides.. she is the boss now!

Congrats! The prenatal course is useful for 1st time parents as it helps to prepare both of u mentally on watz going to come.

IMHO, it actually frighten my spouse a little seeing the birth video n etc.. other than that the taking care of BB module is quite useful.

Other alternative is to buy bks to read up n attend the 'free' breastfeeding n taking care of newborn lessons after birth before your wife discharge fm the hospital. hope this helps ;)

The classes is good for additional knowledge but u will remember and skillfully learned everything by hands-on. Everyday with a baby is a learning experience.

For me, i benefited from he class, well at least i know how to hold my baby, not as in afraid of hurting them, but more on understanding them, their fear, and hw to make them feel safe when we handle them. :yamseng:

I still think its gd to attend the class :)

Recommended by your gynecologist?

Because due to eldery mother requires testing. I still prefer amniocentesis test than the triple test.

Do you know roughly the charges like?

Because due to eldery mother requires testing. I still prefer amniocentesis test than the triple test.

Do you know roughly the charges like?

I don't know how much it cost. My wife is pregnant too, our 3rd child.

Wonder if she belongs to the "elderly" group? From what i understand from my wife's gynae, there are a couple of tests, eg blood test(my blood too), baby neck bone fuild test(don't have the detail, that's what i have remember) before resorting to AFT Amnionic Fuild Test. It is a test that carries some degree of risk, i believe your doctor must have explained in detail to you.

In fact, my wife's gynea did all the tests for her previous 2 preganacy regardless of my wife age, just to play safe. According to him those above >35 need to do the test.

Whatever is it, make sure it is the last option to consider if u have exhuasted all other test.

I don't know how much it cost. My wife is pregnant too, our 3rd child.

Wonder if she belongs to the "elderly" group? From what i understand from my wife's gynae, there are a couple of tests, eg blood test(my blood too), baby neck bone fuild test(don't have the detail, that's what i have remember) before resorting to AFT Amnionic Fuild Test. It is a test that carries some degree of risk, i believe your doctor must have explained in detail to you.

In fact, my wife's gynea did all the tests for her previous 2 preganacy regardless of my wife age, just to play safe. According to him those above >35 need to do the test.

Whatever is it, make sure it is the last option to consider if u have exhuasted all other test.

Btw, elderly group is those above 35 years and above, especially those who have a child previously.

As far as I know... amniocentesis test is the most accurate of all test. The blood test (Triple A testing) only gives you an indicative results, as in high risk or low risk in percentage.

Anyway, congrats to you ya, how many mths your wife is carrying?

Edited by Rof|maoxz

Btw, elderly group is those above 35 years and above, especially those who have a child previously.

As far as I know... amniocentesis test is the most accurate of all test. The blood test (Triple A testing) only gives you an indicative results, as in high risk or low risk in percentage.

Anyway, congrats to you ya, how many mths your wife is carrying?

Yes, other than amniocentesis test, the rest of the tests can only give an indicative which greatly reduces the need to carry out amniocentesis test. Besides, there were cases where amniocentesis test give positive results but still deliver healthy babies, quoted by my wife's gynae, but rare.

My wife is at the beginning of 2nd trimester, just did the blood test and fluid test and the result greatly reduces the risk, 1:2300 only which give us the peace of mind. But then again, anything can happen, i'm keeping my finger cross and hope for the best.

Congrats to you too. :D