Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
va|er1e

我们的安乐窝 - Our Comfort Home

Hello guys, finally we got the chance and time to start a topic here ;)

Well, Renovation has FINALLY started and we are so so so happy :dancingqueen:

Things haven been going on smoothly for us, we have problem with HDB on the house defects and it drag for months yet nothing good has been done.

Next was the searching of IDs; After talking to few IDs, we finally signed up with one of them yet later had a major dispute with him but we manage to get back our money, and then the cycle of searching of IDs repeats again :bleah:

Here is our floor plan, have collected our keys long long ago on 24th October 2007

2007_10_24_floorplan.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Spam chop! Wah, collected ur keys one yr ago and now then starting to renovate?

Glad to hear that u got ur money back from the first ID though. Hope that u'll have a smooth reno journey from now on! :P

Edited by Angel81

Woah..read abt the bad experience..

It is best to avoid this kinda doggy and "cunning" ID.

Who knows if you have engaged him, he might turn your hse into something "beautiful"..hehe

Forget abt it and njoy your reno experience..

Chop Chop. :dancingqueen:

Looks like the hdb subcon is giving a lot of us homeowner headache. Anyone got a way to deal with these bunch of hooligan, can share?

Thanks everyone :)

Angel81, ya now then start reno cos' we wasted alot of time on HDB defects, also not in a hurry to move in :P

pinkpetter, ya so sickening lor

bubble-ling, ya and I kind of dislike my long living room though it look so spacious. Where is your reno-blog huh? :notti:

porkypig, yes we are enjoying the reno now. In fact we are so glad that we had the dispute with him before our reno and not in the mids of our reno. Lucky lor!

vin13, yap you can right ;)

BTW, I am currently staying at street 64 my mum's place... really dislike the fact that I have to walk so far to the MRT that's why never choose that area again cos MRT will be even further away lor.

applefreak, ya premium flat for premium problems :curse:

sunset, if you got the energy then try to bug them everyday until they cannot stand you lor.

HDB only know how to forward our email/concern to the subcon. Just like a router, they do nothing after they forward them... and when you bug more, they want you to meet them together with the subcon saying they do not understand your requirements. After meetup, they say they will rectify... but either the same problem is still there or they create another defects. Then the cycle goes round and round again and again. We gave up after like 5 months.

rdnest, hehe too much photos dunno which to post here also.

mmycheng, yeah I will...

This is our space-planning layout.

Nothing really special except that we need to have a slanted hob to face some auspicious direction.

This is the part that challenged alot of IDs, some of those we engage just MIA properly because they do not know how to do so or that they are not confident at all :rolleyes:

From the proposal given, we will be able to tell who can design and who can't... There is this particular ID who gave us very weird layout and then told us we have to live with the ugly layout because of our geomancer's requirement. I dunno why this kind of people still call themselves 'Interior Designer' and then can admit her layout is ugly and told us "I can't do magic, you will have no choice but to live with it since your kitchen is so small and need to have a slanted hob".

2008_06_28_000_layout.jpg

I agree with you totally. If they are a real ID they should be able to solve problems and beautify everything. Give ideas and such. IF cannot then have them for WHAT?! :P

Anyway I'm glad you have found someone and a slanted hob not ugly what... not bad. :)