Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
poulnil

Recommendation Of Renovation Contractors

pierre You're right wor. There's no clear distinction between the two. So when I was making the comparison I was really talking about the extremes... Contractors who speak mostly Chinese and REALLY dun do design and will get impatient if you keep saying you dunno how and what you want... and IDs do design based on a theme given ba.

There's a wide range inbetween. If want to take those into consideration then... it's impossible la. haha

I agree of wat pinkpetter said. At least ID can control the contractors then u. If u wan any minor changes on ur carpentry works, u can straight away tell the ID where he got the power to control them. If u just engage any contractor without any ID, u be in deep ****.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

mm? There are also main contractors who can do the coordination for you :) LIke mine will call Singapore Power for me and arrange with them when to come and fix up the gass

mm? There are also main contractors who can do the coordination for you :) LIke mine will call Singapore Power for me and arrange with them when to come and fix up the gass

Wat i mean the contractors are( carpenter, painter, electrican and etc..) but singapore power ppl are part of government lol :bleah:

haha no no I mean my main con will coordinate everyone lor. He has his own people who do the tiling and most of the wet works.. then he has people to come in to do the carpentry and the windows :) AND he will coordinate with the govt boards. :)

haha no no I mean my main con will coordinate everyone lor. He has his own people who do the tiling and most of the wet works.. then he has people to come in to do the carpentry and the windows :) AND he will coordinate with the govt boards. :)

Still prefer my ID, where we communicate like more than friends

Agree with pinkpetter. My contractor also works like an ID, whereby he has his own people to incharge of different aspect of the reno. So if there's any problem, you just need to contract one main person ie him.

He even recommended me aircon-contractor, curtains etc..

hahaha, u guys r abit confused by definations of IDs n contractors liao...

ID = Interior Designers, no doubt they do designings but they r considered contractors also...

Let me use 'food chain' method to explain...

ID is top of the chain, follow by the so call main-con who did the co-ordination n supervision works... These works can be carried out by a single ID himself if he's knowledgable in practical works...

ID n Main-contractors:

They share the same scope of work by co-ordinating/supervising (depends on their abilities)

The only diff is tad Real IDs got designing certs whereby contractors dun... ID is more focus on designings but contractors r more focus on work constructions practically.

Tads how we differentiate IDs n Contractors...

The lower 'food chain':

Tilers, electricians, plumbers, painters, hackers, etc...

These ppl r the 1s who doing the job practically... In IDs/ Main-cons view, they r sub-contrators... In almost all renovation firms, sub contracting is practiced. (as affording the expense of employing the lower chain of workers under 'office workers' is so brain cracking)

These workers r doing contracting works n shall we named them Contractors as well???

Definations of Contractors is so wide...

anyone has contractors that are gd with color combi? I have gotten a 1st quote from 3 ID firms and its beyond my budget. Basically i'm going for minimalist style, not much design required but i've a problem with color combi. I simply have no talent for art. :help:

hahaha, u guys r abit confused by definations of IDs n contractors liao...

ID = Interior Designers, no doubt they do designings but they r considered contractors also...

Let me use 'food chain' method to explain...

ID is top of the chain, follow by the so call main-con who did the co-ordination n supervision works... These works can be carried out by a single ID himself if he's knowledgable in practical works...

ID n Main-contractors:

They share the same scope of work by co-ordinating/supervising (depends on their abilities)

The only diff is tad Real IDs got designing certs whereby contractors dun... ID is more focus on designings but contractors r more focus on work constructions practically.

Tads how we differentiate IDs n Contractors...

The lower 'food chain':

Tilers, electricians, plumbers, painters, hackers, etc...

These ppl r the 1s who doing the job practically... In IDs/ Main-cons view, they r sub-contrators... In almost all renovation firms, sub contracting is practiced. (as affording the expense of employing the lower chain of workers under 'office workers' is so brain cracking)

These workers r doing contracting works n shall we named them Contractors as well???

Definations of Contractors is so wide...

Mmm I think that's what I'm trying to say. Just not as clear as you. That's what I understand ba. thanks for clarifying.

anyway, 1 KEY POINT to note, never ever PAY to ID, contractor, sub-con, etc directly. Always PAY to the company. I got to learn it by the hard way. Even if they bring u to buy things and u find it ok and wanted to buy, also PAY to whatever shop u buying fro no matter how much u trusted the ID, contractor, etc.

Is'nt it better to deal with just one party (i.e. the ID) than to deal with contractor, electrician, plumber, carpenter, aircon contractor etc.

The ID is suppose to coordinate all these individuals.

Pse. educate me here.

Thanks all bros and sis for the guidelines that you had given to us.

But still abit headache ! Haha !

Dun mind can pm me your id contacts.

Thanks alot

Merry Christmas

Thanks all bros and sis for the guidelines that you had given to us.

But still abit headache ! Haha !

Dun mind can pm me your id contacts.

Thanks alot

Merry Christmas

Beware of ****** Interior Design

Just beware of the contract you are signing as we have a very bad experience with ****** Interior Design Team. Heard that they have 5 companies under this name. We feel that we are conned by ****** because there are many hidden costs after you signed and they would demand 95% payment even before they completed all the items. If not they will resort to padlocked your house denying you from accessing to your own flat. You have to really go through thoroughly before you sign the contract if you really engaging a contractor and also take note of the payment schedule. And never pay them and hold only 5% of the contract amount if not they will not come back to settle all the pending jobs left uncompleted.

Padlock... how can they padlock, this is under tran-spassing your own property. This remind me of this *** agent locked me up with my agent inside the house and left the house, during my 2nd appointment. Because they say I am too long inside the house, but I was just inside the house for 30 minutes inspecting the damages. I feel cheated buying the house but no choice, in the end, I report police say I had been locked up and post in STOMP.

Edited by kewin

Padlock... how can they padlock, this is under tran-spassing your own property. This remind me of this *** agent locked me up with my agent inside the house and left the house, during my 2nd appointment. Because they say I am too long inside the house, but I was just inside the house for 30 minutes inspecting the damages. I feel cheated buying the house but no choice, in the end, I report police say I had been locked up and post in STOMP.

Oh, did u lodge a complaint against the agent?

My ID company really did that i have taken photos of the padlock. This is ridiculous as i am the house owner but cannot access to my own house and the contractor has full access. This is an act of hooligans and yet this person who did it is a degree holder graduated from overseas. 8|

Educated and civilised pple will resort to this method of forcing customers to make payment? Btw, i did not default payment is just that i dont feel comfortable paying them the full payment as there are 14 pending items not completed yet. they want immediate payment once they delivered the cabinet, not even installing them. What i want is to ensure that i will not be left with all the uninstall cabinet and the rest of the uncompleted items after paying them money and it is just a few days difference why they can't wait? really feel that they are going to runaway with my money as the guy took another $2k from me on the very day.