Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrspiglet

B&b's First Home

booy

i also read somewhere in RT that conceal water pipe is ok. But somehow Ah soon didnt wanted to do it for u. Anyway its not that ugly also lah, not much diff except for 2 vertical pipes at the shower area. :good: i think conceal pipes also has its cons ba? If water pipe burst or leak then super jialat liao. My water pressure is huge, already spoiled 2 bidet spray and flexible pipes. :(

Mimi

Hi Mimi! Thanks! The 'brown' toilet u mention is actually grey, but somehow under different lighting it chges color :P

The barang2 chair was a display set, i got it during their warehouse sale for $350. Its still selling in the shops, recent promo was 40% off original price of $780. I'm not too sure if the promo is still on or not thou...

Yup, i've used Ah soon too! :good:

Gd price with reasonably gd workmanship. The problem with him is he's too busy and forgetful at times, so he needs constant reminders. i'll send u a PM with more reviews. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

mmm When my dad asked for the pipes to be concealed, Ah Soon also say it's against HDB ruling.. so we didn't do it. But the pipes are not too obvious so it's ok :) heh

mmm When my dad asked for the pipes to be concealed, Ah Soon also say it's against HDB ruling.. so we didn't do it. But the pipes are not too obvious so it's ok :) heh

Hihi

is it against hDB?

but is saw some pp gt hide e pipes in cabinet

look better lei

my ah lao also say wanna hide

mrspiglet>>> can ask u how tall is ur tv console??

Most of the tv console i have seen are too short coz they are meant for wall mount tv..

urs look tall enough

If you have an opening where the plumber can open and check the pipes, I believe it's ok. If it's a total box-up where there's no way to open to check, I think HDB will not approve. There are some of Uncle's works where the pipes are concealed in a cabinet and can be opened.

Mimi

Yaya, i think box up of those big big pipes or straight lined pipes is ok. As long as its not behind concrete and tiles. I think its becos those bathroom pipes got a lot of twist and joints so there's a higher chance of leakage?

pinkpetter u not at work ah? How come can online at this hour?

poseidon_gal

U mean the false wall? Its 5.5ft tall. My tv is also not wall mounted leh, its resting on the tv console.

i tot for wall mounted TV will need a taller wall?

growler

Eh, mine cannot 'open' one leh. Its just normal boxup. So anything wrong, i'll just have to hack it away. :(

Big sewage pipes dun leak that easily ba?

wahahhahahaha

Today is a holiday... Vesak Day was on Sat but we work 5-day week so we were given off in lieu. :) So I'M AT HOME LEGALLY! :P

Mimi

Yaya, i think box up of those big big pipes or straight lined pipes is ok. As long as its not behind concrete and tiles. I think its becos those bathroom pipes got a lot of twist and joints so there's a higher chance of leakage?

pinkpetter u not at work ah? How come can online at this hour?

poseidon_gal

U mean the false wall? Its 5.5ft tall. My tv is also not wall mounted leh, its resting on the tv console.

i tot for wall mounted TV will need a taller wall?

growler

Eh, mine cannot 'open' one leh. Its just normal boxup. So anything wrong, i'll just have to hack it away. :(

Big sewage pipes dun leak that easily ba?

The big pipe for my kitchen will be hidden behind a long cabinet that can be opened. Can also store brooms, mops, etc. They don't leak but if your neighbour do some works, etc, there could be a possibility of damaging the pipes, thus causing a leak.

pinkpetter

AHHH!!!! so gd!! *jealous* fighting z-monster and monday blues here lor..

Nvm, i'll apply for my leave-in-lieu to nua at home soon! :bleah:

growler

:jawdrop: Mine dun have! cannot open one! he did a mini shelving for me at the front, but the pipe behind cannot be access.

Pls tell me i'm at lesser risk since i'm on top floor? No neighbours above me? :(

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Don't be envious... we spent the last week reporting at 6.30 every morning to scan everyone walking through the gates... thankfully the flu alert is now down back to yellow. :)

And for the rest of the days this week I'm working from 7.00-6.30... so today is just the calm before the storm. :P

booy

i also read somewhere in RT that conceal water pipe is ok. But somehow Ah soon didnt wanted to do it for u. Anyway its not that ugly also lah, not much diff except for 2 vertical pipes at the shower area. :good: i think conceal pipes also has its cons ba? If water pipe burst or leak then super jialat liao. My water pressure is huge, already spoiled 2 bidet spray and flexible pipes. :(

With the pipes, my rainshower won't look as nice leh.. sob sob... I tot Uncle Soon said he's gonna hide those pipes for me.. hmmm..

Your water pressure is really huge manz.. So fast and the things are spolit..

Some of the requested pics...

Close up of MBR curtains:

DSCF1622.jpg

Hot+cold water piping for shower area:

DSCF1623.jpg

booy

My water pressure is surprisingly very big even if most pple say top floor not likely to have gd water pressure. :(

In fact, the moment the bidet spray was turned on it was spoiled.

Some of the requested pics...

Close up of MBR curtains:

DSCF1622.jpg

Hot+cold water piping for shower area:

DSCF1623.jpg

booy

My water pressure is surprisingly very big even if most pple say top floor not likely to have gd water pressure. :(

In fact, the moment the bidet spray was turned on it was spoiled.

the close up of your MBR curtain looks good.

Actually it is not true that top floor water pressure no good. Top floor is usually serve by the roof top water tank and it is just directly above u, so pressure should be good. Unless your block is serve by direct supply, meaning direct from PUB mains and no water tank at the top then the higher floors will experience lower pressure.

ur bidet spoil liao ahh?? then how?? replacing new?

the close up of your MBR curtain looks good.

Actually it is not true that top floor water pressure no good. Top floor is usually serve by the roof top water tank and it is just directly above u, so pressure should be good. Unless your block is serve by direct supply, meaning direct from PUB mains and no water tank at the top then the higher floors will experience lower pressure.

ur bidet spoil liao ahh?? then how?? replacing new?

Issit that case? I ask a lot of pple they say top floor usually very weak leh. Anyway i'm glad mine is strong, and sad that sometimes its too strong! We had to turn down the mains outside.

The bidet spray was exchged 1-for-1, for both toilets, during the reno period. The Bellari pple boss came n chge to the heavy duty ones, FOC. :) Then some workers forgot to turn off the valve n the water pressure burst the flexible piping, water gushing all over for whole day n night, heartache ah.... Jason also chged the pipes for me there n then. :good:

Btw, u really very onz leh. Day n night also online.. still got work/kids/reno to jaga. lihai.. :bow: :bow: