Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrspiglet

B&b's First Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Some pictures of the curtains...

DSCF1604.jpg

MBR. Day n night curtains swapped.

ur day and night curtains very nice but y u swapped it? It does look a bit weird as the darker ones should be on the external...pardon me for my frankness.

Edited by hello88

pinkpetter

U shd see how adamant i was in fixing up the Ikea dresser on my own! haha! I was dead tired after drilling in all the screw manually!

xherion

thks thks! i'll try to get a close up shot of the MBR curtains. but gotta wait till next wkend cos i dun think i'll sleepover this wk. How's ur house coming along? :)

hello88, ashes02

no worries! its ur frank opinion!

swapped it becos my bedroom gets the evening sun, its west facing unit. So the night curtains blocks out the sun during the day, at night just need to draw open the night curtains and the thinner day curtains will still allow some wind to pass thru. Was a suggestion from my curtains maker, but i like the contrast of the day curtains with my light purple wall too.

Edited by mrspiglet

hahahha I know what you mean! I insisted on fixing up my bedside table and shelves too! and my bro and friend got impatient with me. hahaha :P

I think the MBR curtains look alright.. mm

mine still not TOP yet till June, mrspiglet, so sad nothing to do till then.....

i think it looks ok swapped especially your MBR curtain is dark colored on day and light colored on night, nowadays the curtain design actually has the night as a plain background with the day as patterned organza, so the contrast is nice when the night is in the background.

i will do the same with dark day organza and light colored night.

pinkpetter

very tiring, but that's the fun part abt buying Ikea furniture. I was a little down when Uncle say he will fix my brkfast table for me. :( haha!

I also think my MBR curtains r ok leh... diff preference ba? I like it full length, thou i dunno if i'll grumble when i need to take down for washing. :P But its gonna be 6 mths later's problem! lalalla~~~ :dancingqueen:

xherion

No updates on ur ID/contractor quotations? Can go n see see look look furniture and appliances... a lot of sales these days!

I was surprise to see dark day organza too! I always tot day curtains r light/white colored. But this recommendation from the curtains maker is gd. I like my room super dark, esp when i like to nap on wkends aftn... dark dark cozy feeling.. :good:

hi mrspiglet,

actually the quotation is finalized, now starting to draft the design of wall features....

i will be using all my current furniture/appliances so no need to look for them....

only can look at lights/curtains now hehe....

anyway, i like the swapped day/nite too.

wow .. your curtains and rollerblinds are all up, everything looks swee swee! :D

Just to check, how big is the gap between the two blinds? If install in the bedroom, will outside be able to peek in?

xherion

show us ur design soon! Actually u r so fast! TOP in June now already confirm quotation. :good:

I dun think u'll require massive reno since its condo, the beauty of getting private property! Just a little painting and beautifying will do the job!

Do they throw in lights as well? or u will be chging all the lights provided?

apples

thks apple! the gap between the blinds r quite ok, ard 1-2inches.. will still manage to peep in if slant the position of view. But usually the gap will be inline with the window frames, so if u look at the blinds 90degs, won't be able to see outside and vice verse.

hi mrspiglet,

i will post the draft once i have it......

yea we won't do much reno, just timber decking and living room/MBR wall feature are the major works, rest is minor carpentry work....

the unit will only come with lighting points and not the lights itself, so i have to buy all the lights.

What is that compartment below your Dresser Rm Blinds?

That's a very good idea to swap the day and night curtains... :)

Mrs Piglet, i like your String curtains so much! but i can't have any, becoz my naughty dog will be up to his tricks if he gets hold of it! so u have enjoyed your new hse so far?

nice curtains! the reversal didn't look too awkard to me :)

I may also get string curtains too! but it's going to be half length though :)

xherion

considering u have paid much more than us for u house, its gd that u no need to spend much more on reno! saves the hassle of buying all those fittings too!

I think letting owners buy their own lights is quite practical. Cos lightings are such a personal choice and that it will bring out the whole setting/feel of the house! :good:

booy

Its a cove area which effective is just dead space under the windows. So we flushed with the windows and did a mini cabinet there instead. To store all my spare supplies of skincare and cosmetics. :dancingqueen:

wanted normal doors, but ended up as a surprise to us when Jason did proper shelving and sliding doors. it turn out very well... best of all, was FOC from Uncle soon. :)

Pinklady

Thks thks! Nice choice by hub to separate the common area n our personal areas. But i think the strings too long liao, the curtains maker left it there for us to consider if we wanna retain this length or otherwise can ring him up to come n trim for us.

u reminded me... i also have 3 naughty gals that cannot withstand anything that dangles. ;) Shall have to keep an eye on them when i bring them over to my new place for occasion outing. Hmm...

familyof4

i think the reversal turn out nice becos surprisingly, there's dark colored patterned day curtains! Where u intending to place ur string curtains? :dribble: