Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
mrspiglet

B&b's First Home

the fridge door is so obvious. one look can tell. wonder if u dun point out, will they just walk away? duhz...

the lounge chair from barang barang looks nice. u bought it at a discount? recently they have sale.

i am also scared that my new tv will be too big for my living room. looking at either a 37 or 42. my instinct told me 37 will be just nice. but at showroom, i look and look and just feel that it is a bit small. haha.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Aiyo.. The fridge looks really weird with one handle.. We saw the same lounge chair at the barang barang sale... But didn't buy in the end as it was a display set with discount... Your table is cute with a placeholder for newspaper... The TV looks OK to me.. it's a matter of getting used to it since you started off with 14" CRT... haha... ;)

mrspiglet

btw i think your TV looks ok la. :)

I PMed you melvin's HP number, in case you decide to call him. Just quote your invoice and tell him your problem. He will check it out and get back to you... I really think he's much better than May. :P

OoOO you caught CATS? How was it????

Ya... I melting in the heat... urgh... thinking of giving in to my parents about the air con...

Edited by pinkpetter

oohh that lounge chair. today we went barang barang again and saw another lounge chair that is slimmer but more costly and it is actually PU/synthetic leather I think. Original is $890 and there is a 40% discount. forget to take picture... NOw hor.. that lounge chair keep swimming in my brain leh...

my younger boy climb onto the display chair and was amusing himself treating it like :rolleyes: a slide...

should i buy should i not should i buy should i not?? :dunno:

guy77

the fridge delivery man was already pushing the blame away n there's nothing much i can do since he already say he will ask the company to arrange for another delivery for my door handle... sigh...

i thot my TV was just nice and a 32" or 37" was too small. Plus everyone in office's been telling me LCD TV will look a little smaller, so we just bought 40" lor. But shiok lah, 1st time i see soooo big a TV in my house. Now only waiting for my stingy mum to nag at me for buying such a HUGE tv. :notti:

i think hor, u take the measurements of the TV better. Then u'll know roughly how tall/wide the TV will look like at ur TV console.

ashes02

thks ashes! i think the coffee table is simple n nice too. N cheap.. i think.. haha! If not for the scratch, everything will be :good:

booy

Were u at the same sales with me? haha! this one is a display set, but since the covers were removable n washable, plus they r willing to chge the faulty leg for me, i'm ok with it. Bo bian, budget a bit tight.

I was sold also becos of the mag holder! haha! like tt i can save money no need to buy another mag holder and at the same time but table top dun look so messy.

pinkpetter

thks gal! i got ur PM. Let's hope gongkia manages to settle the problem, b4 we have to call Melvin. He's better than me at such things, i would have just picked up the phone n start scolding.

CATS was gd!! The 'cats' even came down to the audience seat during interval n teased the audience! Very lively n entertaining. Not much story plot thou.

Ur parents wanna install aircon for u ah?

ivy

i think i saw the one u mention as well, its something like the seat of my sofa right, got 'buttons' pattern one: http://retail.barang2world.com/index.php?p...ails&id=159

I think its nice too, but on the safety aspect, u buy already ur boy will be sliding on it everyday! will he fall?

Edited by mrspiglet

mrspiglet

welcome! Anything to help. Ya I do hope gongkia can solve it too.. it's not nice to have to call Melvin in on this but if all else fails I don't see why you should accept a scratched table. :P

WAH I missed... :P Hope to catch one of these shows soon.. I used to go to lots of these. No time now :P

haha the way you say it makes the situation sound nice. hehe my parents want us to install air-con in my bro and my room. But I figured... that the compressor can (at max) take one more unit only. I have to check with the air con people. BUT at the end of the day it'll most prob be my sis or I paying... not sure if it's worth it since I don't turn on the air con at all. mmm We'll see what happens. :) on top of that I'm not sure if I can take the dust. Then mom suggested window unit... haiz messy messy.

Edited by pinkpetter

piglet yah man! That's the one!! hmmm but i think the actual piece looks better than the pic. I am pretty sure he'll slide down it pretty often if we really get it but I think the novelty will wear off quite soon too. :P still thinking leh...

forget to add.. Eh Piglet, did u see a white piece with crystal studs that cost $8K+??? :o I think it's so pretty but I nearly died on the spot when i see the price tag..

guy77

the fridge delivery man was already pushing the blame away n there's nothing much i can do since he already say he will ask the company to arrange for another delivery for my door handle... sigh...

i thot my TV was just nice and a 32" or 37" was too small. Plus everyone in office's been telling me LCD TV will look a little smaller, so we just bought 40" lor. But shiok lah, 1st time i see soooo big a TV in my house. Now only waiting for my stingy mum to nag at me for buying such a HUGE tv. :notti:

i think hor, u take the measurements of the TV better. Then u'll know roughly how tall/wide the TV will look like at ur TV console.

door handle also need to wait so long. but like u said, bo bian.

ya ya. i must measure carefully as I intend to put a small fishtank next to my tv console. i hope nothing goes wrong in the measurement as there is no place to put the fish tank liao.

pinkpetter

ya, i think its not so nice too. but like u say, i'll always keep the num as my last resort. I wished to keeps things on gd term with them, since i may still go back to them for my dining table one fine day.

Ah? aircon u pay, den better not. I think guys like to use the aircon very often, n ur parents may be screaming at ur bro for the high utility bills next time! U only have 1 bracket rite? then u may have to chge the existing one to system4 instead of just adding the fancoil in ur rooms. that means more $$ too. Its a nice thing to have thou, esp in this bl**dy hot weather. argh!

ivy

if ur budget allows, go get it! i think 40% is quite a gd offer for a brand new piece since mine was already $350 for a display set. i didnt see any crystal studs leh, i was at the marina sq branch. They dun even have the lamp i was asking pinkpetter to help me check out the price. Another very expensive looking chair ah?

guy77

Wah! fish tank beside tv? Then ur fishy will be exposed to radiation from the TV all the time. Poor fishy... haha!

Think it should be the same.. It was the most recent barang barang sale that I saw this.. Didn't realise that the leg is faulty though... =)

i saw the $8K one at marina square lor. Full white leather. but that piece is only can see cannot touch. sigh... actually a lounge chair is another "never plan to buy" item... but we have always wanted a lounge chair... if hubby nods i will buy. I think he is pretty swayed to buy too!! but he kept saying we wait, sure will have another sales one...

Think it should be the same.. It was the most recent barang barang sale that I saw this.. Didn't realise that the leg is faulty though... =)

i bought it during their warehouse sale a few wks back, didnt see the faulty leg too, but i just ask the person "there must be a faulty part, can u find for me n tell me where it is" and he did! hahaha! Made him chge the faulty leg with another cream lounge chair, he also willing.. super gd salesman.

i saw the $8K one at marina square lor. Full white leather. but that piece is only can see cannot touch. sigh... actually a lounge chair is another "never plan to buy" item... but we have always wanted a lounge chair... if hubby nods i will buy. I think he is pretty swayed to buy too!! but he kept saying we wait, sure will have another sales one...

I must have missed it. I was only focusing on lights n lamps n carpets, but seems like even after discount their stuff still not affordable for me at the moment. Lounge chair also wasn't in our must-buy list, but was too great an offer to resist, n too comfy to resist too. I'm sure u can convince ur hub!

harlow! heheh. qns time for me. :P

how much are your curtains and how do u intend to maintain them? read so much about the issues with roller blinds and draw-style curtains. hows yours holding up?